[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uncomfortable thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

File: niandra.jpg (43KB, 573x573px) Image search: [Google]
niandra.jpg
43KB, 573x573px
Music that give you that uncomfortable feeling, that something is not right about what you are hearing-for me it's the first Frusciante. Untitled tracks are exactly the same as the eerie album cover.
>>
>eerie album cover
It's just John in drag on a beach :)

I do love that album though. Love the freedom of it. I might like Smile From the Streets You Hold even more, even though I understand that might be a contrarian thing to say, but fuck, it's great.

I wrote this in another John thread and it sums up my opinions on those albums

>I think it's a really incredible album (Niandra). I like it very much along with Smile From the Streets You Hold. I'm pretty deeply into the idea of tapping into one's "human-ness" and I think that those two albums are perfect examples of an artist losing themselves in themselves. Of course that's just what it sounds like to me as a listener, to John I assume it just felt like making music and having fun. But I wouldn't doubt that John felt like he was being somewhat 'transcendent' with the music he was making. Even though there is a lot of true ugliness on both records both emotionally and just sonically speaking, to me that makes it all the more beautiful because of how perfectly raw it is. Rawness does not make something good, but it is a quality that I find myself to be invested in as a listener. It's not something that you can fake.
>>
Niandra laDes is GOAT
>>
>>69522443
It's an incredible album. In my top 10 since it teached me that good music isn't always easy to listen or comfortable.

Experimental, Raw, Emotional and Beatiful are the words that describe this album for me.
>>
The Residents and Klaus Nomi both make me very uncomfortable. I can't sit through their music. It just feels like something's...off. I can never put my finger on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 302x300px)
image.jpg
34KB, 302x300px
This album and its cover make me feel like I have a fever
>>
>>69522443
scaringly beautiful
>>
File: silencer.jpg (49KB, 923x912px) Image search: [Google]
silencer.jpg
49KB, 923x912px
This album is genuinely terrifying, but incredible DSBM.
>>
File: oh-sees-castlemania_grande.png (973KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
oh-sees-castlemania_grande.png
973KB, 600x600px
The vocals on the first song and the artwork make me uneasy every time.
>>
File: tmo.jpg (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmo.jpg
106KB, 600x600px
>>69522443
Never thought of that album as uncomfortable, just very raw
I know what you're talking about, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>
Lesuperspookumselloutkykedemonjohnsnobwaveccehomobarinhellvern
>>
>>69525354
Am I the only one that pictures Bill Hicks reciting the monologue to I Was a Prisoner in Your Skull? It's just the Southern accent, I guess.

>WAY-ELL...FOOUCK!
>>
File: IMG_3195.jpg (145KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3195.jpg
145KB, 600x600px
a lot of scarufficore t.b.h.
>>
File: shrinkwrapped.jpg (946KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
shrinkwrapped.jpg
946KB, 980x980px
This album always gives me an uncomfortable, late night feeling. It's really underrated honestly and probably their second best album.
>>
>>69522443
john in the 90s was a pretty interesting character, his biography is good to read
>>
>>69522443
"My Smile is a Rifle" manages to make me uncomfortable as fuck to this day. But possibly only because it reminds me of a very dark time in my life...
>>
the myth that he wrote and recorded this album while on heroin is my fav meme in modern rock history
>>
>>69522443
One word:
"YOUSEEMENOOOWWWWWWWHIILEAGOOOYOUCOUUUULDDDSHHHREDTHISSIZEONLYYYY"
>>
File: 1_IHASPFTW-Front.jpg (224KB, 900x812px) Image search: [Google]
1_IHASPFTW-Front.jpg
224KB, 900x812px
>>
>>69522443
this album makes me feel like im slowly decaying track by track

its so unbearably sad, and a real emotional torrent (along with SFTSYH)

but its so good 10/10
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.