[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kanye's spiral

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 4

File: 7TrsKYn.png (124KB, 1245x567px) Image search: [Google]
7TrsKYn.png
124KB, 1245x567px
is it all over for him/
https://theamericantribune.org/posts/kanye-announces-that-his-music-career-is-for-his-phd
>>
They got to him.

RIP Kanye
>>
>>69518517

CLONED.
>>
>>69518527
tfw kanye will never make another 808s & heartbreak
>>
>>69518537
rip
>>
Dr Kanye it is, then
>>
DMX (real nigga certified) need to come save dis nigga
>>
what has he done that was considered merit-worthy whatsoever?
>>
>>69518702
literally every album he's ever made. he single handedly brought rap out of the "nig nog shoot guns and fuck bitches" phase back in the 90s and continues to innovate with every release

i know this is bait but come on
>>
But he always had a phd
>>
WE CAN REBUILD HIM
>>
>>69518730
he hasn't innovated anything since 2010, and even MBDTF's actual influence on the industry us a bit shaky considering all it did was repopularize concept albums - nothing musically ever became 'the next thing'

since then he has pretty much openly ripped his nearest apprentice for inspiration: Cruel Summer was a terrible hypebeast project because he was trying to feature Big Sean more. Yeezus was dark industrial rap because Travis was on almost every songs production and writing credits. TLOP was a fucking mess, but its gospel approach and wholesome production is obviously Chance

Each of those respective apprentices have been much more influential in the last five years to up and coming artists, even if they haven't necessarily put out projects better than Kanye since then.

He simply is not innovative anymore
>>
>>69518796
k m8 sure thing
>>
honestly can't tell if people in this thread are trolling or actually dumb enough to think this is real
>>
>>69518702
i mean, it's easy to forget it because of the fuckwit cult he's gotten over the years but his first album was actually pretty decent
>>
>>69518796
this
>>69518730
>i know this is bait
you realize Slick Rick and the Beastie Boys did everything you claimed Kanye did years before Kanye had even emerged
>>
>>69518537
Snythed
>>
>>69518559
I know, it's great, right? What a relief.
>>
>>69518730

>brought rap out of the "nig nog shoot guns and fuck bitches" phase

so thirsty for (you)s
>>
>>69518842
>this is the face of defeat
>>
Where is that tweet? I can't find it.
https://twitter.com/kanyewest
>>
>>69518905
no I just know that you'll reject anything I say out of hand since you already made your mind up.

But hey, whatever, here are a few short points. MBDTF didn't change the industry like 808s did, but it significantly opened up the doors to working with artists outside of hip-hop. ?uestlove publicly said about Undun that until around that time, you couldn't just sample Sufjan Stevens like they did.

Travis Scott had an undoubted influence on Yeezus, but Yeezus and Rodeo had very little similarities in the end beyond both being darker albums. Yeezus focused on noise and rage while Rodeo was infinitely more melodic with the exception of Piss On Your Grave.

TLOP came out before Coloring Book, and Chance didn't really exhibit any gospel tendencies before that. They probably worked in at least semi-tandem on their own takes of the sound, but to give all the credit to Chance instead of Kanye is just blindly promoting your own bias without anything to back it up
>>
>>69518958
did he cheat death or life?
>>
>>69518969
Whoops, I meant to say that giving all the credit to Chance instead of splitting it with Kanye, and I'm definitely not saying that TLOP was the main influence for Coloring Book because that would be stupid. My point is that they likely co-developed it, or at the very least had the same influences and discussed them with each other.
>>
>>69518969
That was my first post in this thread, you paranoid cumsock. West hasn't innovated shit in his entire career, and quite frankly I'm worried that anyone would consider hip hop post-2005 relevant at all.

Go live on, you delirious rooster, you.
>>
>>69518969
>Travis Scott had an undoubted influence on Yeezus

he reminds me of a group called Death Grips
>>
>I always had a Ph.D:
>A Pretty Huge Dick
>>
>>69518796

Travis is not on every songs production and writing credits on Yeezus, hes on two. New Slaves and Guilt Trip. For New Slaves he only helped with the percussion.

Theres this misconception Travis created Yeezus. Its pretty baseless looking at the facts or hearing their styles.
>>
Dr. Kanye, I'm CIA

Uh, you don't get to break the conditioning
>>
He makes (made) melodic hip hop that appeals to rockists

Same thing De La Soul did, catchy choruses, no thuggery etc - and at the time they were praised for re-inventing hip hop (they didn't, but most of the rock writers praising them hadn't heard enough hip hop to know, and instead relied on their half-baked impressions and prejudice to make their points)

Kanye makes radio-friendly catchy hip hop, not the first, won't be the last, but he didn't reinvent the wheel
>>
>>69518796
(you)
>>
>>69518517
lol I never listened to anything by this dumb nigger and I never will
>>
>>69518969
Yeezus is shit death grips and TLOP is filler
>>
>>69519154
very insightful musical criticisms
>>
>>69518517
You keep it going man
You keep those books rolling
You pick up all those books that you're gonna read and not remember
And you roll, man
You get that associate's degree, okay?
Then you get your bachelor's
Then you get your masters
Then you get your masters' masters
Then you get your doctorate
You go man!
And then when everyone says quit
You show them those degrees, man
When everyone says "Hey, you're not working, you're not making any money"
You say "You look at my degrees, and you look at my life
Yeah, I'm 52! So what?
Hate all you want, but I'm smart, I'm so smart
And I'm in school
All these guys out here making money all these ways
And I'm spending mine to be smart!
You know why?
Cause when I die buddy
You know what's gonna keep me warm?
That's right, those degrees."
>>
>>69518517

>people unironically falling for this

these tweets the article is referencing don't even exist, I checked.

also it 's a fake news website, just look at the fucking related articles
>>
>>69519269
>fake news

stop this meme please
>>
>>69519296
how does one stop a meme?
>>
>>69519296

Fake news is a thing. Nobody is really sure what's real and what's fake, and that's the actual problem. The next decade is gonna be spectacular.
>>
>>69518517
If kanye actually gets a phd in philosophy I'd be very curious to hear the album he'd end up making
>>
>>69519528
I THINK THEREFORE I AM A GOD
>>
>>69519154
k m8
>>
>>69519544
Neat
If he studied:
the whole kant v hume thing.
Spinoza
Wittegenstein
Russel v Gödel
He'd be able to better elaborate this thought.
>>
>>69519776
>implying he hasn't
>>
>>69519528
>Retarded "muh dick" lines will now be dissected as profound philosophical insight by hypebeasts even more than they already are
Can't wait
>>
>>69520018
>stop liking thing
>>
>>69518517
damn what a load of bullshit
and retards will eat this up
>>
>>69518796
I feel the opposite about TLOP. It was actually really innovative, but the music itself is mostly dogshit with redeeming moments. Hip hop has always been about collage and jumping between thoughts, but he took that to the extreme. He convincingly blended gospel music with depravity. Problem is he can't drop a verse like Jesus Walks anymore, so it ends up really empty.
>>
>>69518517
Of course he is
>>
>philosophy degree
oh nice a philosophy factory just opened right down the street
>>
>>69521267
>education is only worthwhile if it'll land you a job in an assembly line

I know you're just b8ing because there is no way someone who geuinely believes le stem subjects only meme would be posting on a fucking music board, specifically one mostly dedicated to alternative and underground scenes
>>
>>69521267
>PhD means philosophy degree
HOW CLUELESS
>>
>>69521365
was just a joke lad :)
>>
>>69521377
Are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>69521388
No, are you?
>>
>>69521377
read the article anon

i mean, it's a fake article, so maybe you spared yourself, but it clearly states Kanye worked towards a degree in philosophy
>>
>>69518730
underage
>>
>>69518796
>he made people that are influential and innovative
>but he didn't innovate himself so that doesn't matter
sure thing
>>
>>69519037
this is the humor of the average Kanye fan
>>
>>69521365
>there is no way someone who geuinely believes le stem subjects only meme would be posting on a fucking music board, specifically one mostly dedicated to alternative and underground scenes
This is a ridiculous non-sequitur and I have no idea what you were trying to prove with it.
>>
>>69519180
>>69519657
not an argument
>>
>>69521365
>"specifically one mostly dedicated to alternative and underground scenes"
>on a Kanye West thread
>>
>>69521574
neither was the thing I responded to
>>
>>69521597
yes it was
>>
>>69521606
>Yeezus is shit death grips and TLOP is filler

those are opinions. arguments have reasons.
>>
>>69521658
that anon was right.
>>
>>69521674
k m8
>>
>>69521681
not an argument.
>>
NOW,
>>
>>69521690
you should really add the word 'because' to your vocabulary, then you'd know how to argue instead of just declaring yourself right
>>
Holy fucking shit dude can you imagine goign to UC Berkeley and seeing Ye?
It'd be fucking awesome
>>
>>69518517
it's fake
>>
>>69521718
Wow Ye, I didn't know you were in my English class!

THAT'S RIGHT I'M IN IT
>>
>>69521713
>implying saying "k m8" isn't just declaring yourself right

k m8
>>
>>69518702
CD / LR: Popularized backpack rap
Grad: Killing 50 Cent
808s: Paving way for artists like The Weeknd and Drake
MBDTF: established GOOD Music as an actual label
Yeezus: got a lot of whiteys to listen to hip hop
TLOP: nothing much desu
>>
>>69521768
no I'm just dismissing you because you have bad opinions that you don't know how to express well and demand that anybody who disagrees with you lay out reasons for why while you haven't done the same.
>>
>>69521773
This reads like a Youtube comment.
>>
>>69521703
IF
>>
>>69521812
1900 - music begins
>>
>>69519269
https://theamericantribune.org/posts/gary-johnson-has-been-high-pretty-much-constantly-since-the-election
>"This was the plan throughout the campaign. I was either going to hold the highest office, or I was going be high in my office."
>>
>>69521377
also what do you think PhD stands for :^)
>>
>>69521868
Something that Ye's always had according to College Dropout
>>
>>69521800
>this post

are you actually retarded? also, you type like a literal redditor

get out
>>
>>69521800
Pablo was a garbage album
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>69522049
>>69522059
>>
>>69522095
nice job reading post timers, dumbass newfag.
>>
>>69522095
Pablo was fucking trash, my man. Get some taste.
>>
>>69522049
>type like a literal redditor
holy shit the irony here is palpable
>>
>>69522115
holy crap how are you this stupid and loud about it. it was to both of you.

>>69522134
It wasn't as good as the two before it, but I still really, really like it. Won't be my AOTY though.
>>
>>69522153
are you in 8th grade by any chance? because that's TLOP's target audience besides being a literal Tidal Advertisement.

https://youtu.be/PXg06uQhu8M
>>
>>69518517
This is God-tier marketing. Seriously, his team deserves a lot of credit. The scriptwriters, too. This last year has been gold.
>>
>>69522194
your reasons that it's bad so far are:
1. It's bad
2. It was made for 8th graders because you say so

have you ever argued before
>>
>>69521819
I
>>
>>69522233
It's a trash album with terrible lyrics, constant filler, and awful production.

Stop trying so hard to defend this garbage for children.
>>
>>69518517
I don't know why Kayne gets so much love on /mu/ and Usher doesn't
>>
>>69518730
a tribe, pharcyde, funkdoobiest dragged hiphop out of that phase waaay before

even fucking rakim krs1 were out of that phase before it even existed

kanye dragged hiphop right into the fuck bitches-phase retard
>>
>>69522458
because le ebin artistic rapper who who's redpilled xD

they're both the same kind of trash
>>
>>69522389
Hey you actually gave some reasons so let's talk even though I doubt you'll agree since you seem to have a hate boner for this.

Yeah, there are some really bad lyrics on TLOP, especially on Wolves, but let's face it, every Kanye album has bad lyrical spots. There are some really bright spots too, like No More Parties in LA, FML, and Real Friends. The rest are fine by me, but I'll be the first to admit that lyrics fall far below flow, delivery, production, etc. for me. They have to be really bad or really good for me to pay attention.

I'll also agree that there's some filler, but I can't say that it's even close to constant. The whole project is bloated, but weirdly the bloat gives me more of a sense of what he was aiming for. That's a personal thing though, and something I won't toss into an argument. It definitely could have been a tighter album, but the filler segments don't significantly detract from the album for me because the high spots are so, so high. For every bit of filler you have incredibly high highlights like Famous's and Hightlights' outro, Ultra Light Beam's choir, Wolves' production, etc. Not that those are the only good points, they're just some examples of pieces of the album I absolutely love.

The awful production part I don't understand at all though so there isn't anything I can say that'll be productive. It's Kanye production and I haven't heard it fall flat yet.

>>69522496
You know crunk was a thing right? You're so ignorant about hip-hop it's incredible.
>>
>>69522339
BLEACH
>>
>>69522496
I was too harsh saying you were incredibly ignorant since you clearly know old-school, but Kanye definitely did drag hip-hop out of its crunk phase. He pulled it out so hard that anything related to Southern production was basically gone from the scene until trap and drill appeared.
>>
Good, now Kim is single and I have a chance to bury my face between them perfect butt cheeks.
>>
>>69518670
Dr West to you
(wonders if he can answer capchta truthfully when he himself becomes drone)
>>
>>69518517
Good riddance. Fuck him and his dumbass fans
>>
>>69519965
He has explicitly said he doesn't read, so yeah, I'm guessing he hasn't.
>>
>>69522756
THIS
>>
>>69522496
goddamn people really love to hate on Kanye here
>>
>>69522629
damn I thought Wolves had the best lyrics
>>
File: leo.jpg (43KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
43KB, 500x269px
>>69524053
STICK
>>
>fake news

u guys are just as stupid as the trump voters lol
>>
kayne isn't going to die.

gods can't die.
>>
how the fuck do you pronounce Kanye?
>>
>>69524155
can-yay
>>
>>69522808
hell yeah befo Kanye we had Big Tymers and Juvenile and Hot Boys, which was admittedly great too

It's strange though cause Kanye always showed exceptional love to southern rappers. Showing up in 36 Mafia's Poppin video. Dancing at Hurricane Cris's BET performance. Hugely crediting T-Pain. Featuring Paul Wall, Jeezy, Wayne, Ludacris on his albums. Defending Soulja Boy when he was the butt of every joke
>>
>>69524155
You mean that you've never listened to a Kanye song? Because he says his own name in almost every track
>>
>>69524155
like black people do. kan-YAY
>>
>>69518517
ooookay then

He's developing schizophrenia for real this time.

Is that why Kanye fans exist? To laugh at the ravings of a literal mad man? You are fucking sick.
>>
>>69518537
HIGH
>>
>>69524288
but is it kan-yay or khan-yay?
>>
>>69524451
WE WUZ KHANS N SHIT
>>
>>69518678
>A meth addict helping an actual schizo

I like X but I don't see how that's going to help
>>
>>69524451
khan-yAY
>>
>>69518958
It's a fake tweet.
>>
>>69518517
It's just a prank bro
>>
>>69524451
It's Kayne, you dyslexic faggots.
>>
>>69524451
can-yee
>>
>>69524155
Kane
>>
Did he go mad because of dat ass? Big asses are known to drive a man crazy
>>
>>69521566

That's a lyric from kanye
>>
this just means a good album is coming soon

artists work best when they're going crazy
>>
>>69518796
>Cruel Summer was a terrible hypebeast project because he was trying to feature Big Sean more. Yeezus was dark industrial rap because Travis was on almost every songs production and writing credits
theseareliterally backwards
>>
>>69518969
your a dorable
>>
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!!

https://theamericantribune.org/posts/leaked-clinton-email-shows-the-earth-is-flat
>>
>>69518999
>Hasn't innovated shit his entire career.

Late Registration made everyone want to use golden soul beats and high pitched vocals.

Graduation sounded nothing like Late Registration, but made everyone want to sample big artists.

808's sounded nothing like Graduation, but made everyone want to talk about their sad feelings over autotune and basically jumpstarted Drake's career.

MBDTF sounded nothing like 808's and nuked the game, making everyone want to try out live and interesting instrumentation, feature all kinds of artists, and combine underground and mainstream hip hop.

Yeezus sounded nothing like MBDTF but made noise-hop mainstream.

And TLOP sounds nothing like Yeezus, but it's too soon to see its influence, although Kanye's already influenced so much, at this point he just needs to release interesting music, which he is.

And throughout his whole entire career, he's made people want to talk about themes other than the one's constantly talked about in hip-hop. Themes like Jesus, clothing brands, relationships with people who don't love you back, hating everything except yourself, and so much more.

Face it dude. You're on the wrong board. If you honestly believe what you said, you know absolutely nothing about music and you need to listen to more hip hop before you start forming retarded opinions.
>>
>>69521812
Lol great argument faggot.
>>
Oh shit this is bad

https://theamericantribune.org/posts/horrifying-drug-fad-teenagers-snorting-used-condoms-to-get-high-
>>
>>69518517
Funny considering his anti-education/literacy views

I guess he finally fulfilled his promise to his Mom though, I figured he just niggered off about it
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.