[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sweet Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: sweet_trip.jpg (157KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
sweet_trip.jpg
157KB, 1000x500px
What do you think /mu/ ?

Over the past few years I have found most of my favorite albums from this board.

A week back I discovered "sweet trip" here from a thread discussing shoegaze (And loveless).

I listened to :
>velocity: design: comfort
>you will never know why

Loved both of them. Can't seem to decide which one I like more. Thoughts? Do they have any album better than these two in your opinion?

Also, can they be called a shoegaze band?
>>
I personally really really like V:D:C because I seem to just keep coming back to several tracks from it and it's good as a comprehensive album.

>tfw the guitar comes in on Chocolate Matter
>tfw it comes in on Design : 2 : 3

some seriously Good Shit folks
>>
>>69514710
DSCO is like the perfect pop song. It progresses so naturally yet never misses a beat.

Even the longer, multi-sectioned tracks have perfect transitions and atmosphere. Really one of the best albums of the 2000s imo.
>>
>sweet trip
How about these?
>>
File: GHDvjTM.jpg (44KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
GHDvjTM.jpg
44KB, 480x270px
>>69514710
V:D:C is so strange and unfamiliar in that I've never heard any music similar to it (maybe apart from aphex twin).
I adore the second half of this album too.

>>69514755
You're spot on about DSCO. It has such an amazingly and ridiculously good pop feel to it. Puts you in a good mood.

Also, the girl's voice is so sweet. I generally prefer more grunge and raw male vocals but this album changed my mind.
Her voice is so smooth and flows well with the feel of the albums

>>69514788
ayyyy. close.
>>
V : D : C is my favourite album ever. It's experimental but it never loses its pop touch. It's unbelievably well produced. They make what they're doing sound so easy and light and breezy, but it's so immaculately put together. Absolutely perfect from start to finish.

I really disliked You Will Never Know Why for a long time because I felt like they dropped all the glitchyness and became just a normal pop band. I felt like they were trying to be too accessible and the music suffered for it. Now though, I just hear it as an absolutely perfect pop album. It's more straightforward than V:D:C, but not much worse. Milk and Pretending are some of the best pop music I've ever heard.

Halica has some cool moments but it's nowhere near the quality of the other albums. Still worth listening to though.
>>
File: Sweet_trip.jpg (3MB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_trip.jpg
3MB, 1900x1200px
This is my background on my laptop guys. Come say hi if you see me
>>
Did they just stop making music? It's been a while since their last release.
>>
File: cutedream.jpg (7KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
cutedream.jpg
7KB, 250x185px
>>69514836
I completely get you and I'm glad you came to appreciate "you will never know why".

They did drop all the glitchyness but their underlying style is very much the same (reflected through the lyrics and vocals).

>They make what they're doing sound so easy and light and breezy, but it's so immaculately put together.
This. Normally I would find such an album very inaccessible since I'm a pleb but it took me no time to get into V:D:C because of how smooth and breezy it is. All the glitchyness flows so well together and despite it not being conventional at all, it is still enjoyable.

You're right about it being more straightforward.
Can you call it pop though? If so why?
>>
>>69514923
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Trip#Background

>In 2013, Burgos posted a song, "Things to Ponder While Falling", on his SoundCloud account, referring to it as "Probably *not* the last Sweet Trip song ever."[3]

I hope they return with more experimental and beautiful stuff like "you will never know why" and "v:d:c"
>>
>>69514669
Halica is better than You Will Never Know Why. Give that one a listen.
>>
Cool tidbit from Roberto himself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.