[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else thinks Whirr is underated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: a1223701432_5.jpg (51KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a1223701432_5.jpg
51KB, 700x700px
Who else thinks Whirr is underated?
>>
i do
>>
>>69512853
they're only underrated cause they said a bunch of dumb shit on the internet and got dropped by their label lol
they're p good but they're dumbasses
>>
>>69512853
Whirr is aesthetic-core, just like 80% of modern shoegaze. You like the vibe (yes you, I can already tell) but I bet you couldn't make a convincing argument that they write good songs
>>
>>69514639
There's literally nothing wrong with what they said.

A perverted man in a wig is a perverted man in the wig, no matter how adamant he is in his claims to the contrary.
>>
>>69514700
this tee bee h

pipe dreams never got the praise it deserved imo
>>
File: praise.png (93KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
praise.png
93KB, 467x496px
>>69512853
>tfw "Bogus" kicks in
>>
They're terrible but it's a travesty that they got dropped from their spineless label just for giving their piece on transexuality.
>>
>>69514700
>>69514736
literally who cares
the fact that they were dumb enough to get dropped makes me laugh at their unsuccess
i couldn't give a fuck about their politics but could you imagine throwing that kind of deal away
>>
>>69512853
I do. wish theyd make more music
>>
For me, I love Whirr because 2 of my friends turned me onto them. Their music kept me going at a time when I felt like utter shit. They helped me get out of the house and skate instead of staying in a dark room all day.

I know they're not innovative with their dream-pop maj7/maj9 noise rock shit, but goddamn, they hit hard. It's hard to find bands that hit like them. I only liked songs like Ease, Press and Home Is Where My Head Is, at first. But then all their albums grew on me. Lines, Hide, Mumble, are all fucking bangers.

Their splits with Nothing, Anne and Monster Movie are worth checking out imo.

Also, if you're looking for more shit like Pipe Dreams and Distressor, look up Iris on bandcamp. If you're looking for more stuff like Sway, check out Lust on bandcamp.

Iris and Lust are basically Whirr copycats.

Now someone help me find bands that sound like Whirr's "Press" or Lust's "Whisper".
>>
lol, they're not underrated. they were highly rated and then everyone was forced to realize how childish and annoying they all are.

sway is a pretty great album though.
>>
>>69512853
Honestly I've always preferred Nothing just because I found them first and have more of connection to their music.

But yeah Whirr can be fucking amazing.
>>
>>69514883
>could you imagine throwing that kind of deal away

yeah I'm sure they were poised to make hundreds of dollars each
>>
>>69515370
thats a position 99.99% of musicians never reach
>>
>>69515459
>thats a position 99.99% of musicians never reach

Unless they play in a wedding band or teach kids how to play green day
>>
>>69515482
they were signed to a p decent sized label they were making way more than wedding bands and music teachers ya simple bitch
>>
>underrated

Back when they were called Whirl, /mu/ wouldn't shut the fuck up about them.
>>
>>69515269
I bet you like Turnover too you pleb
>>
>>69515615
>they were signed to a p decent sized label

they sold maybe 10,000 copies of their biggest album. that's about 100K to split between everyone. distributor takes 30% off the top. label takes half. manager takes 15%.

of the 30K left they probably have to pay 10k back for recording expense (including the producer and studio) 5 to the lawyers, 5 more for basic PR

10,000 dollars to split between 5 people equals $2,000 apiece.
>>
>>69515756
wow dude honestly thanks
i was considering taking a year off from school to pursue music and tour and now i just wanna die but at least i know my dreams are garbage. i appreciate you in the most honest and pure way i can express
>>
this is an extremely strong opinion of mine
>>
>>69515841
>my dreams are garbage

They probably are, but you should do it anyway bro. Music is life. Just save your money.
>>
>>69515615

Omg do you actually believe that? You know being signed to a label means fuck all if you don't sell a fucking lot of records, right? Wedding bands generally make more money than 99% of 'cool' bands. Sorry if this ruins your innocence.
>>
Wow so they got dropped because they trash talked another band and their fans thought they were being transphobic?

what the fuck.
>>
File: tumblr_mtdx9t3VjB1qlx0u4o1_500.png (11KB, 404x116px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtdx9t3VjB1qlx0u4o1_500.png
11KB, 404x116px
>>
>>69516037
that edge...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.