[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more terrible, completely unlistenable band than RHCP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is there a more terrible, completely unlistenable band than RHCP?
>>
Radiohead
>>
Death Grips
>>
Californication is my shit. fite me
>>
at least frusciante is good
>>
>>69509224
How does Anthony Keidis keep getting away with that same 80's white guy rap cadence in every song? Nobody ever says anything about it. Is it because of his abs? If you have abs and a good bass player you can dad rap?
>>
>>69509302
he has one good album, one decent, and like 8 shitty ones
>>
>>69509224
U2
>>
Die Antwoord
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
The Red Hot Chili Peppers [EMI America, 1984]

As minstresly goes, this is as good as it gets (and minstrelsy it had better be). The reason it doesn't quite come off as good-hearted can be found in this mysterious observation from spokesperson Flea. "Kurtis Blow and Grandmaster Flash have great raps, but not the great music to go along with them." In a bassist, that's serious delusion. B-

Mother's Milk [EMI, 1989]

Punks who loved Hendrix and P-Funk, they've decided to cash in on their excellent taste. Problem is, they didn't have the chops to pull it off before, and now that they've pushed the guitar up front, they sound even cruder. But I'm sure they're nice guys--even mention "compassion" in the first verse of the first song. C+

Blood Sugar Sex Magik [Warner Bros., 1991]

they've grown up, they've learned to write, they've earned the right to be sex mystiks. ("Give It Away", "Breaking The Girl") *

One Hot Minute [Warner Bros., 1995] *bomb*

Californication [Warner Bros., 1999]

New Age fuck fiends ("Scar Tissue", "Purple Stain") *
>>
By The Way [Warner Bros., 2002]

How desperate rock scribes are for remaining bands of any commercial clout that this release was greeted with Hosannas in a slow news month. This piece of let's-slow-things-down-a-little isn't too bad unless you were expecting thee funk, but it is certainly a turn or two slacker than Californication. Problem being that it's not enough to suddenly act all mature and spiritual--you're also supposed to say something about maturity. And unless I'm mistaken, Anthony Kiedis has never had one thing to say about anything else. B-

Stadium Arcadium [Warner Bros., 2006]

This piece of validation for the band's Grammy nomination is the old story of a double-album-should-have-been-a-single. Once a bassist's band, they're now ruled by the guitarist. The music also shows first and foremost that they're an '80s band--their spiritual core is rooted in the agony and ecstasy of heroin and cocaine. At least back when the bassist ruled, they livened this overworked dynamic with beats. Now they tax it with tunes, at least when they're on their game, such as the dead-end relationship song "Desecration Smile" and the marriage proposal "Put A Ring On It". B-
>>
>>69509337
It's just because John Frusciante is that good.
>>
>>69509337
>How does Anthony Keidis keep getting away with that same 80's white guy rap cadence in every song?
You mean like Beastie Boys?
>>
the chili peppers are a special band to a lot of people in my generation and you can say whatever you want about them but they sure made an impact
>>
>>69510132
I mean, shit. No 90s kid can dislike Give It Away.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.