[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we will never again live in a world where a truly god-tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Nirvana-Nevermind1.jpg (114KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
Nirvana-Nevermind1.jpg
114KB, 625x625px
>we will never again live in a world where a truly god-tier album becomes a cultural turning point
>>
>god-tier

pffffttt

>cultural turning point

doesn't mean it did any good...
>>
File: 1476799697003.gif (1014KB, 497x435px) Image search: [Google]
1476799697003.gif
1014KB, 497x435px
>you live in a time when Kurt Cobain is dead
Feels nice.
>>
Very true OP.

What we need is someone from the "alt-right" to make us feel punk as fuck. Make us feel like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American Culture.
>>
>>69509433
correct
>>
>>69509433
...and so it begins.
>>
>>69509433
God bless this
>>
>>69509355
>implying 80s butt hair rock didn't deserve to die
>>
>>69509167

>god-tier

Questionable

>Cultural turning point

It doesn't matter unless it is a musical turning point. Mainstream culture always co-opts good things, makes them formulaic and dull, and then force feeds them to the retarded masses relentlessly.

>>69509433

Retarded, but at the same time very sad that the far left has lost so much ability to actually counter-punch anything that this post is not as laughably retarded as suggesting that the left actually revive it's punk political aesthetic in it's music. This is because the type of people that are now on the political left would have, if they had been born earlier, become the crazy church people that everybody hates.
>>
>>69511080
>it doesn't matter unless it is a musical turning point

You can't seriously say this didn't transform the entire face of music at that point and inspired millions of future musicians for better or for worse.

This album was the Abbey Road of the 90s
>>
>>69509167
Nevermind is good, and it was a turning point, but it wasn't a good turning point. We're still experience all the shitty grunge that came out of post-Nirvana
>>
>>69511008
>implying fraile nu-male hipsters wearing flannel is better
>>
>>69509167
itaots
>>
>>69509433
I've seen this same post with only minor variants in phrasing three times today.
Get out.
>>
>>69509167
That isn't necessarily true pop trash was all over the radio when nirvana hit the scene there was no rock on the radio back then nirvana revived rock radio and it's just about dead again
>>
>>69509433
I know this is a forced meme but it makes me chuckle
>>
>>69511225
I'm guessing you like the big half naked men in tight spandex with big poofy hair singing about their dicks :^)
>>
The other day I was in the car and the radio was on classic rock and they played Nirvana. This was weird because A) it's a classic rock station and B) I realized I only knew one song of theirs and that was only the tune.

Anyway I liked the song they played, Lithium. I've thought about going and listening to some of their other stuff; was it all kind of similar?
>>
>>69509167
It's a pretty average album though.
And grunge wasn't as big as they make it out to have been, and it didn't last long at all.
>>
>>69511008
glam metal is better than grunge
>>
Upvote this post if you agree yanks are ruining /mu/ with their absolute pleb-tier taste.
>>
>>69511769
bye rddit
>>
>>69511825
^
|
>>
>>69511304
>only three times
lurk moar blëbbo
>>
>>69511925
I don't go on /mu/ much, what's reddity about what I said?
>>
>>69509433
this is my favorite meme on this site dont let it die
>>
>>69509167
Yeah not with THAT attitude you won't!
>>
>>69511789
>Come As You Are
>Smells Like Teen Spirit
>Pretty average

Fuck, man. I think Nirvana is overrated AF, but I still recognize that they were utterly amazing when they were on their "A"-game, and songs like the ones I listed introduced an incredibly different sound to the tens of millions of Americans who weren't college rock-listening genre junkies who were familiar with the Pixies, Mission of Burma, etc.

You have no idea how fresh they sounded to 95+% of the country back in 1992.
>>
>>69509167
why this baby is penis bigger than my
>>
>>69509167
Mods! MODS!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.