[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: rattlerattlerattle.jpg (125KB, 1440x500px) Image search: [Google]
rattlerattlerattle.jpg
125KB, 1440x500px
Who else is fucking excited for 2017? 5 new albums, the first comes on Feb. 24th.

Did anyone here go to Gizzfest? I'm dying to see them live and want to hear about it
>>
>>69505139
just getting into them and while i dig em, im hoping to hear some new angles to their music. something with a different approach.
>>
I'm assuming most of them will be EPs?
>>
>>69505139
I was fucking hyped when they said their new album would be microtonal but in Rattlesnake they seemed really terrified of actually exploring the microtonal intervals

“Everything you do sounds wrong,” says Mackenzie. “You’re culturally attuned to a certain set of frequencies. Our challenge was to make music that didn’t sound too wrong within those parameters.” https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/nov/12/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-5-albums-in-2017

I really hope they grow some balls
>>
>>69506088
Rattlesnake was a pretty enjoyable song even if it was simple. I'm hoping they are only using it as an accessible single, and that the full album will truly explore further into the possibilities.
>>
>>69506040
they said albums though
>>
>>69505139
>>69506533
So they're going to be like Thee Oh Sees but more consistent?
>>
>>69506088
>>69506148
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1sy4rYCx7c
>>
>>69506088
wtf i thought the 5 albums per year was a meme

absolute madmans
>>
gizzfest was insane, keen on their collab album with mild high club
>>
>>69506148
And I'm assuming this song has literally nothing to do with microtonalism?

But seriously could they stop writing the same damn song
>>
>>69506682
listen to the album preview, shows off the use of microtonalism in the album very well.
>>
I can't believe Rattlesnake didn't use that instrument that kinda sounds like a rattlesnake. It's called like a Jawbone or a clavicle something like that. Instead they just have incessant wind blowing.
>>
>>69506557
yeah the other tracks sound a little more explorational of the microtones, pretty tasteful, pretty hyped
>>
>>69506719
Blocked in Burgerland
>>
>>69505139
I love Quarters but found Nonogon boring
wat do
>>
They're playing Portland in April, that'll b kool
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.