[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do u guys treat grimes like a meme when this is actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

Why do u guys treat grimes like a meme when this is actually a good album?
>>
Because waifu fags post about her incessantly, so the rest of us are sick of her.
>>
>>69503337
Musically its not that good of a pop album.
But i give it an 7/10 just because shes a newbie who crossed over and made a pop album by herself
>>
>>69503355
What is your true opinion on this album?
>>
>implying implications
>>
>>69503355
Unironically this. /mu/ is incapable of separating the artist and their fans from the art. Besides, ever since Grimes called out 4chan in that one interview, a lot of /mu/ turned on her despite raving about her back when Visions was released.
>>
>>69503387
Listened to it once and it didn't grab my attention or made me want to hear it again. So i guess I don't really care for it, but it wasn't offensively bad.
>>
>>69503337
This album is fantastic (AOTY 2015 and 2016, no less). If /mu/ consider it a meme, who cares?
>>
>>69503360
>But i give it an 7/10 just because shes a newbie
How generous you are, a 7/10. Grimes can sleep at night now.
>>
>>69503460
>If /mu/ consider it a meme, who cares?
Bingo.
>>
>>69503473
grimes is a visual artist first musician second
she just picked this shit up years ago. not too many musicians can do that and write decent pop music,

if she stuck close to the formula for realilti we could have a gem on our hands but instead we got a bunch of half written pop songs with a first year guitar loop on some tracks
i can't excuse that
>>
>>69503460
>AOTY
>2015 and 2016
>Grimes, the most meme female artist in /mu/ history

Name 5 things about her music that has transcended music to a different place without bringing up things that are irrelevant about her life or just standard P4k critical acclaim.

Protip, You can't. That's why people have a problem with Grimeth fanth
>>
Pin, California, and Kill V. Maim are all fantastic songs while the rest is forgettable.
>>
>>69503460
where do you think we are?
>>
File: 1478460451463.jpg (55KB, 568x335px) Image search: [Google]
1478460451463.jpg
55KB, 568x335px
>>69503511
I disagree. The whole album is very well done, all songs are catchy and innovative. "Realiti is the only great song on AA" is a meme just like "Oblivion and Genesis are her only good songs". Put some effort if you want to get into her music, dammit.
>>
>>69503416
this
>>
>>69503540
Holy shit, anon. It's just sugary pop music. It doesn't have to "transcend music to a different place." It is highly ambitious for her to make such leaps and bounds into a entirely new sound though; a sound that others haven't really executed before.
>>
>>69503540
Name ONE similar album to Art Angels. It should have all those kinds of songs, from Scream to Life in the Vivid Dream. Go ahead. Now, you'll see why it's special.
>>
>>69503623
> Put some effort if you want to get into her music, dammit.
Halfaxa is my fav from her so don't pull the "i don't listen to her excuse"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4

Kill v maim is excellent also but the rest aren't good. scream is the worst song on the album
and calling it innovative without a source of any other recent album being influenced by it is an uneducated opinion

Like i said its amazing she pulled this off. but no idea why ppl troll and call it the greatest thing ever when its not.
>>
>>69503818
Its not the greatest ever but sounds great and gives me feels
>>
>>69503818
Maybe pop isn't your thing. It doesn't mean the album is bad or something. You said here >>69503511
>instead we got a bunch of half written pop songs with a first year guitar loop on some tracks
>i can't excuse that
Are you really in the position to judge what it's good pop music if you didn't even like it?

BTW, I'm pretty lucky because I enjoy all her styles, from her most experimental to her most pop.
>>
>>69504226
> It doesn't mean the album is bad or something.
i gave it an 7/10
never did i call it bad
And I exclusively listen to mostly pop
>Are you really in the position to judge what it's good pop music if you didn't even like it?
yes compared to whats out in pop music right now. little things like the beginner guitars and songs like scream/ butterfly don't make the cut for calling it AOTY 2015/2016
>>
>>69503844
in relation to what? it has it's own sound and it should be understood if people are alienated by it or if they downright hate it, then it's pretty reasonable desu. people aren't necessarily unimpressed or bored by it, it's just a polarized response
>>
>>69504370
it's objectively as validating to have a strong negative response from people, these individuals in question are hateposters who call her disgusting anyway. it's shitty people who dislike the album
>>
Because her fans are obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>69504433
Are you literally implying if somebody dislikes AA something is wrong with them?
if so grimes would be very mad at you
Not cool!
>>
>>69503417
>ever since Grimes called out 4chan in that one interview

pls link me to this
>>
>>69504483
nah it's the opposite. you must have some serious problems to like grimes
>>
>>69504505
http://genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated
>>
>>69504476
>can't separate the artist from the fans
You're dumb.
>>
>>69504528
That's offending. Don't be a moron, anon.
>>
>>69504476
i'm imagining shirtless frat boys with grimes spelled out on their torso's
>>
>>69504547
I didn't say I hate Grimes, though. But most people who hate her around here do so because of her fans wanting to force her down everyone's throats.
>>
>>69504585
>because of her fans wanting to force her down everyone's throats.
They're generous. They want to share her music to anyone because it's THAT good.
>>
>>69504567
i just made the correlation because she's /mucore
>>
>>69504541
just typical dopey chick speak. Can be ignored. Ive seen pics of people who she's dated
>>
literally 1/10
>>
>>69504630
are they cute?
>>
>>69504629
>she's /mucore
She's not. A large part of moo hate her. /mucore should be something that it's liked by most board.
>>
>>69504619
Sharing is one thing, forcing people to worship her is another.

It's like when there were people always made Car Seat Headrest threads/posts saying shit like "Wow this is literally the best thing I've ever heard" "11/10" and so on. A lot of /mu/ hates Will because of that, some even saying that a lot of those posts were the guy himself shilling his own music here.
>>
>>69504678
Douchey
>>
>>69504753
Why people have no sense of humor here? Most of her threads are supposed to be entertaining.
>>
>>69503337
Due to the culture of rampant contrarianism on this board, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "like" something is when the thing in question isn't good enough to be worth hating. Likewise, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "hate" something is when the thing in question IS good enough to be worth hating (Because - to paraphrase James Brooks - people throw rocks at things that shine because things that shine are easier to see.)

For an artist, being universally loved on /mu is a bad sign. Likewise being universally hated on /mu is a bad sign. However being simultaneously strongly loved AND strongly hated by /mu is a wonderful sign, since the size of that dichotomy itself is the closest thing this place has to offer to a true judgment of artistic value.

The proof that Grimes IS a great artist (insofar as /mu hive-mind opinion is concerned) lies in the fact that she has the POWER TO DIVIDE this place. Only the greatest artists can do that.
>>
File: pasta.jpg (52KB, 320x334px) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
52KB, 320x334px
>>69505216
>>
>>69504355
What is 2015/16 pop AOTY, then?
>>
>>69504630
What's wrong with her boyfriends?
>>
>>69503355
>>69504476
>>69504585
>>69504753
This basically. I really liked Visions, and Art Angels had some killer tracks. But grimesposters here seem to be keen on making everybody hate her, shitposting when they can and delusionally overrating her.

In a Grimes thread recently, a grimesfag said REALiTi was a masterpiece. I asked him what were his favorite albums and he could not even answer.
>>
>>69505505
>delusionally overrating her.
What if they rated her just right? What was your measuring standard to say that she was overrated?
>>
>>69505619
Well, calling her the greatest artist of all time, for example, is a bit of a stretch

>inb4 subjectivity! subjectivity!
>>
File: 14807905209030.jpg (1MB, 1498x1858px) Image search: [Google]
14807905209030.jpg
1MB, 1498x1858px
Catchy and, not going to lie, good songs that "carry" this album for me:
Kill V. Maim
Flesh without blood
Pin

The rest also have some fairly not bad stuff like Butterfly for example. Overall for me it's like almost 2/3 of album is noticable.
>>
>>69503337
That shit is as bland as it comes

I can't respect someone who's afraid of risk
>>
>>69505685
>inb4 subjectivity! subjectivity!
>you have wrong opinions
Actually, subjectivity.What exactly is your problem if some people believe she's the greatest artist of all time?
>>
>>69506303
>bland
>songs really diverse to each other
>all kinds of singing styles
>all kinds of influences ranging from classical to j-pop
Clean your ears. And mind.
>>
>>69505216
GOOD point
>>
>>69505216
>POWER TO SHILL this place

fify
>>
>>69508159
>SHILL
Do you have any LEGIT sources that she pays anons to shill her?
>>
>>69506654
>What exactly is your problem if some people believe she's the greatest artist of all time?
I don't know if I should take you seriously or not

>>69506690
listen to Björk's Post and see an actual good attempt at a eclectic, experimental pop album
>>
>>69508347
>I don't know if I should take you seriously or not
Why should I care if you take me seriously or not? You're just an anon.

>>69508347
Gimme a break. I listened to Post plenty of times (at least 20 times). Verdict: weaker than Art Angels.
>>
>>69508347
>an actual good attempt
Lol talk about weak praise.

>>69508159
Double lol. The only payment I get for posting on here is getting to hear the sound of you trolls' tears. And believe me - it is 100% worth it.
>>
>>69508159
I get a lot of money from her mgmt. Psssst.
>>
>>69503355
They're almost as bad as Lavren fags
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.