[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does it fall in their discography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry_jam_high_res_cover.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Where does it fall in their discography?
>>
The beginning of the decline
>>
At times I think it's their best, but then I listen to Feels and wonder why I ever thought that.
>>
>>69493652
that's a pretty contrarian opinion there anon
>>
Their only perfect record
>>
It's their "I Care Because You Do". Coherent, flavored, and idiosyncratic.
>>
their only album with no filler, for one
person pitch doesn't count
>>
>>69493638
part of the 4 streak of perfection that started with Sung Tongs
>>
>>
File: 1434607495660.png (125KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1434607495660.png
125KB, 400x388px
listening to prospect hummer and sung tongs smoked a fat blunt let's go boys
>>
>>69493683
Feels has Daffy Duck though
>>
>>69494257
Yeah, one of the best tracks on the album?
>>
>>69494257
>>69494586
Worst song is the last track objectively.
>>
>>69493638
As the 6th album
>>
>>69493638
I think it's their best. It's weird though, I think AnCo is one of those artists that for a while put out consistently great albums (basically Sung Tongs - MPP) with some songs that are basically perfection but never really an amazing album.
>>
>>69495531
agreed. that 4 streak of albums is all GREAT (i'd give them all 8/10) but never perfect or special.
>>
>>69493652
pretty much
>>
File: ancotrump.png (375KB, 619x371px) Image search: [Google]
ancotrump.png
375KB, 619x371px
>>69493652
>>69495644

Dang you guys are so cool and different
>>
>>69495505
big if true
>>
>>69495505
But it's not?
>>
It was productive but ultimately was only great because they made retarded shit work really well. This album and their last two fall into this category. MPP, SGOSTV, and Feels are where they nail everything the best without going out of their way to make it hard to listen to. and this is coming from a huge AnCo fan.

Fireworks is a great fuckin song
>>
>>69495767
https://vimeo.com/32743988
>>
>>69495785
This is better than the album version IMO
>>
>>69495767
What did you find was hard to listen to on SJ? How is it more "hard to listen to" than STGSTV?
>>
>>69493638
reverend green is their best song ez
>>
>>69495834
I mean starting the album off with Peacebone is enough of a statement to that effect, I think.

STGSTV is very hard to listen to but the process of moving past that and discovering the beauty in the album is very fulfilling.

I personally did not have the same experience with this album. #1 is the only song that I felt really grew on me despite it's weirdness. The rest of it was either very good and easy to listen to, or weird for the sake of being weird without having the emotional depth to back it up. Unsolved Mysteries, Peacebone, Winter Wonderland, Safer... even Derek, while emotional, isn't that rewarding for me. Idk i'm sure you had a different experience. But there isn't enough payoff for searching through these songs.
>>
>>69495707
Okay, it's the 7th
>>
>>69495834
>>69495932
STGSTV and SJ are not hard to listen to
>>
>>69496428
Unless you are already desensitized to harsh music, they are hard to listen to at first.
>>
>>69496492
MPP was way harder for me to get into at first because of the reverby and spacey feeling. All early AnCo clicks immediately if you're not a phony tryhard who intellectualizes it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.