[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf this album is great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: The_Killers_-_Sam's_Town.png (122KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Killers_-_Sam's_Town.png
122KB, 300x300px
Wtf this album is great
>>
>>69492216
I liked their first three albums.
>>
It's extremely uneven. Some tracks (Sam's Town, When You Were Young, Read My Mind) are terrific, but the rest of the album blows. Hot Fuss has the same problem. Arguably one of the best five-track list ever written (Jenny Was a Friend of Mine through All These Things I've Done) but the back half of the album is so shit it makes the album itself kinda meh.
>>
>>69492216
Hot Fuss is better
>>
>>69492259
I like uncle jonny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AODGGRS4DRo
>>
>>69492216
The killers are so underrated man. This album is tied with Hot Fuss for me, though I felt Hot Fuss had higher "Highs" while Sam's Town felt more cohesive.

Rest of their albums are good, but first two are much better.
>>
I might just be wearing nostalgia goggles on this one because me and my friends used to listen to this at every party, but I think it's easily a 9/10.

The criticism of it never made any sense to me and it's superior to Hot Fuss in almost every way.

Day and Age is underrated as fuck as well. Almost every song is completely different.
How Joy Ride never became a massive hit baffles me.
>>
>>69492259
On Top and Midnight Show are great.
Change Your Mind is a cute 3 minute pop song.

But yeah, Believe Me Natalie and Everything Will Be Alright are god damn terrible.
Andy You're a Star is fucking embarrassing and isn't even B side tier.
>>
>>69493289
Andy you're a star is GOAT what are you talking about?
>>
>>69493525
It's literally one of the worst songs ever recorded.
Did you go through a confused bisexual phase in high school where you had a crush on a Chad football player? If so, that might be why you like it.
>>
>>69493567
>A guy named Andy Messersmith went to school with Brandon Flowers. They went to Juab High School in Nephi, Utah, and Andy was the popular sports star, and he tortured Brandon and made his time there miserable. So Brandon wrote this song sarcastically.

you're an idiot, I knew this was tongue in cheek when I first listened to it when I was 13
>>
>>69492216
It's a great album, but it's impossible not to grow out of :(

To me the album is so closely tied to Americana and the American dream and silver linings and all that jazz that the album can really, really, really capture an emotional moment of timeā€”but unfortunately one that it's impossible not to grow out of as your life experiences change.

The thing gets cheesy after a bit, but yeah. Cherish every listen. For reasons unknown, I don't think it's timeless but it's so good while it resonates.

Best thing the Killer's ever did though. And Brandon Flowers is a patriotic and delusional and mormon QTpie.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.