[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roland TB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tr8.jpg (721KB, 1200x770px) Image search: [Google]
tr8.jpg
721KB, 1200x770px
Alright friends,

I bought a TR-8 last night. I want to get a TB to partner with it, but here's what I'm wondering: Do I get the TB-03 or the TB-3?

The idea of the touch screen is way cooler than purist assholes on the internet will lead you to believe, but it basically plays presets more than Native Instruments. The TB-03 has more features, but it seems like the same step sequencing input that drives me nuts.

Any ideas on what to do?

I swear to god if any of you say 'neither, get analog' then please sit in the garage with the car running. I am two feet away from a $4,000 eurorack and don't give a shit if a Roland 303 box is analog or not.
>>
you sound like a bit of a dick, bro.
>>
>>69489066
i have to finish an album, sampler and prep shit for our spring tour still and its frozen in chicago. I'm not in the most fun of moods, but I am sorta interested in what people have to say about the difference in new TBs so I can get some experience from users and make a decision quickly so I can integrate it into live sets sooner than later.
>>
>>69489171
get a space heater or summin
>>
>>69489248
I have one. studio spaces in chicago are a miserable experience. time to head to LA.
>>
>>69489014
if i was getting one i wouldnt get the touch screen version
>>
>>69490139
fair enough.
the tb-3 is a bit dodgy sounding imo. there's a pretty good comparison video out there b/w it, the 03 and the 303 and the tb-3 struggles to chain accents and slides and its filter just sounds... weird. i'm not an analogue purist or nething, but the tb-3 barely qualifies as a 303 emulation imo.
>>
>>69490172
>>69490368

I was leaning towards the TB-03 because it seemed to allow for finer control. Something about Aira, like eventually using an MX-1 or something and USB on those devices was appealing, but not enough to change my live setup around completely to keep everything green and black. I think the TB-03 is the way to go here.

I did a live mix last year with a friend's TT-303 and it was fun. I was feeding it midi clips from ableton to keep things fresh, so that might be the best way around it.
>>
>>69489171
im sorry, but you're full of shit holmes. i do not believe someone who is next to a eurorack and has a spring tour lined up is seriously asking for advice on a fucking weaboo site. what sage advice do you hope to get vrom this site hmm? the most gear assholes around here have are rokit 5's and m-audio midi keyboards. can i get a bandcamp or SC friend? just because i dont believe you make music.
>>
File: euro - Copy.jpg (127KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
euro - Copy.jpg
127KB, 720x960px
>>69491113

Believe what you need to. Eurorack isn't a format of gods. its just expensive, especially in a Tiptop Station 252 case.

Tour stuff is coming along alright. I'm not responsible for too much aside from showing up and stupid shit management is supposed to handle.

Additionally, as a writer, I'm one part of the machine. My focus is being a writer, but I know shit about production. Its weird, but yeah, mixing and mastering isn't my strongpoint in the band. I just like the writing end of things. I feel like I'd arrive at ideas a lot faster on the touchpad tb-3, but the amount of control and versatility of the tb-03 seems more appealing for studio stuff, which is where i feel like i'd end up sneaking it in more. [I like DJing, but lets be honest, no one gives a shit if you're at Smartbar on a friday night with cds or vinyl, let alone live gear]

I know the quality of posts on here, but I also know there are other nerds who have a better understanding of music tech than I do, so this was a low-effort way of gathering information.
>>
>>69491367
i would like a listen m8
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.