[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EPOTY! Wow what a track listing!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

He really did it guys! Sure it's only a 6 track E.P. but Childish Gambino has released one of the best records of the year.

I heard he had more tracks but didn't think they were up to a high enough standard. Either because the production and instrumentation was muddeled, his voice couldn't do quite what he wanted or they were just poorly written. Apparently his record company was pissed as he was contracted for a full LP but he's going to work on the salvageable tracks he missed out for his next release. A small price to pay for artistic integrity.

Here's the tracklist:

Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love!

1. Me and Your Mama
2. Boogieman
3. Redbone
4. Terrified
5. The Night Me and Your Mama Met
6. Stand tall

This is gold so I would have been interested to hear what the full LP sounded like. But I guess we'll never know if it would have been great or a massive disappointment.

One do you guys think about this E.P.?
>>
eric simply eric
>>
>>69485836
California is GOD TIER
Only plebs will disagree.
>>
>not adding riot
>Not adding have some love

Dingus
>>
>>69485888
OP here.

I heard that was one of tracks he didn't think quite made the grade. Poorly written I heard him say in an interview. Guess we'll never know.
>>
>>69485836
it sounds like hes trying to be jimmy hendrix or something except hes terrible

this might have been the worst thing i listened to this year
>>
>>69485920

I heard a leak of Have Some Love and it sounded ok. But i guess Mr Glover didn't want to release a song that had a great chorus/hook but with verses that sounded like him doing a drunk Robert Smith impression.

Obviously needed more work. Maybe he'll add some rap into the verses instead of his obviously place holder bad vocals. Lets hope so!
>>
>>69486027
>>69485944
Jesus, what a fag.
>>
>>69486062
Think it's a bit rude to call Jesus a fag.
>>
>>69486062
I will pray for you
>>
>>69485836
/mu/ exhibits some of the most low energy shills
>>
>>69485836
Strong denial, I think anger comes next.
>>
>>69485836
You forgot baby boy.
>>
he just listened to /mu core/ once, nothing special about it
>>
File: autismbadge.jpg (8KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
autismbadge.jpg
8KB, 226x223px
>>69485836

a special badge for you friendo!
>>
>no riot
shit taste friendo
>>
>>69485836
This shit is boring, not a fan of r&b in general or donald glover
>>
>>69485836
its different

but im not really blown away
>>
>>69489600
>not a fan of r&b in general or donald glover
May I ask what you do all day outside of masturbating tearfully?
>>
File: 1464225095860.jpg (27KB, 640x795px) Image search: [Google]
1464225095860.jpg
27KB, 640x795px
>>69485836
it felt directionless at times, and the main influences on the work seemed waaaaay to forced. He just kinda threw a bunch of shit together and was like LOOK it was like TLOP but at least the TLOP was decent.

The instrumentals were top notch in my opinion, and showed a lot of ability by childish.

But it's funny cause the WORST part of the entire project was childish gambino. God he was awful.
>>
>>69485836
I like you OP
>>
>>69485888
I don't think it's that good a state desu
>>
Top 10 EPOTY

1. Nails - You'll Never B-1 of Us
2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Side B
3. Black Sabbath - The End
4. Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
5. Die Antwoord - Suck On This
6. Massive Attack - Spirit/Spoils
7. The Wild Now - Tides
8. Krallice - Hyperion
9. Barghest - Teeth split
10. Widower - Unholy Oath

Over about 25 minutes is an LP, I don't care what the artist says. Previously released songs, remixes, etc. can be discounted for time qualification.
>>
>>69492231
>But it's funny cause the WORST part of the entire project was childish gambino.

thats a pretty good point

i liked the production on it and maybe if it was a different artist bringing the same flavor overall it would've ranked higher for me
>>
>>69492121
>May I ask what you do all day outside of masturbating tearfully?

Listen to good music
>>
>no zombies

I disagree
>>
File: eat cool mints.jpg (23KB, 316x421px) Image search: [Google]
eat cool mints.jpg
23KB, 316x421px
>>69489600
>r&b
>>
>>69485888
wtf that song is fking ass
>>
>>69485888
I like it, but you have to admit its p inaccessible.
>>
>>69485836
>keeping the album-worst Boogieman and axing both it's better counterpart Zombies and the make-you-smile-so-hard California

Man I feel bad for you :(
>>
File: California.jpg (326KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
California.jpg
326KB, 3000x3000px
>>69485888
agreed
>>
>>69492121
>>69494113
absolutly savage
>>
I loved, Me & Your Mama and Redbone.
Anything similar??
>>
>>69485920
just listen to funkadelic ffs
>>
File: i'm okay.jpg (136KB, 1165x1075px) Image search: [Google]
i'm okay.jpg
136KB, 1165x1075px
>>69492231
It's also the hype that surrounded this albums drop which we basically waited years for.
When artists drop tracks 'influenced' by other artists it always feels cheap and uninspired, in this case Funkadelic, Prince and whatever.

Those first two singles MAYM & Redbone might be his best work so i'm torn on it all
>>
All I see on KTT is a bunch of childish gambino apologists, 'CALIFORNIA ISNT THAT BAD'.

>no it is
>>
The songs are good, y'all being harsh AF.

Problem is Awaken! is literally a modern take on funk music in 2016 Is it a decent album? Yes. Did we really need it, No.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.