[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is p. good. Why is it so unpopular with RHCP fans? Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

This is p. good. Why is it so unpopular with RHCP fans? Because their god Johnny Boy isn't on it?
>>
1. Dave Navarro had next to no chemistry with the band or any particular interest in funk
2. The album was quite dark in tone--this was confusing to fans who expected BSSM 2.0
3. The band disowned this album and essentially airbrushed it from their history
4. The homoerotic music video for "Warped" pissed off a lot of white trash rock fans
>>
it followed BSSM and is generally heavier and more experimental.

only radio-friendly song was aeroplane, which sucked

warped and transcending are pretty cool songs, that's about it
>>
>>69482234
>4. The homoerotic music video for "Warped" pissed off a lot of white trash rock fans

That why Flea is whining about homophobic rednecks on track 6?
>>
>>69482346
Probably. Warped was released as a single over a month before the album came out. My take is that people got butthurt about the music video and then Flea became counter-butthurt and quickly banged out Pea which was slapped onto the album (it certainly sounds like something written and recorded in 5 minutes).
>>
literally their best album. Navarro's style fits with the tone of it, and unlike almost all of their other albums it actually works if you listen from start to finish. Only reason it was disowned by the band was cus it reminds baby Anthony that he used to do drugs, but it was after this album that they went to being "CALIFORNIA CAAAALIFORNIA I AM FROM RINGY DINGY CALIFORNIAAA"
>>
RHCP had only been a major-name rock act for a short amount of time in 1995; most of their fans had jumped aboard with BSSM and they weren't really ready to accept this change in style so soon.

The album is a lot darker and more grunge-like, being that the mid-90s was when Hole, Korn, and Smashing Pumpkins ruled.
>>
>>69482028
This was my favourite as an RHCP fan.
>>
File: 61-unsHRmVL.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61-unsHRmVL.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>69482486
>t was after this album that they went to being "CALIFORNIA CAAAALIFORNIA I AM FROM RINGY DINGY CALIFORNIAAA

?
>>
Other than Pea, none of OHM's songs have been played live since 1997 because John Frusciante didn't want to play them. He said he's never listened to OHM and doesn't want to ("It would be like watching someone else fucking your ex.")
>>
>>69482028
They don't like OHM because it reminds them of drug addiction and gay sex with Dave Navarro.
>>
>>69482826
/thread
>>
>>69482826
>ywn have gay sex with dave navarro
>>
>>69482281
My friends is also radio-friendly. I love the lyrics to both songs, they're so depressing but in a funny way, not many manage to pull this off
>>
>>69482451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmyuJZH3RAc

Even Chad Smith looks visibly embarrassed in the video.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.