[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still Alive cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: latest.jpg (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
290KB, 1024x768px
Went down to a local bar around my house earlier today for dinner. As I walked in, I immediately recognized the song as a sort of alt rock version of "Still Alive" from the first Portal game. I haven't ever actually heard a cover of the song that I liked, so I pulled out my phone to see who it was by. Song ended before I could ID the band. The bar was probably just running an auto playlist on Pandora or Amazon music, but I haven't been able to look up the song on either site.

I've been looking for hours, and I've had zero luck. What do. I want that song.
>>
Oh. Also, the singer was female. Dunno if that's something more to go on
>>
>>69475392

Did it sound like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3FOQ9eirj4
>>
>>69475433
No, that's the actual song, with Ellen McLain singing.

This particular cover stood out to me because it kept the guitar, removed some of the synthiness from the rest of the instruments, and did not do post processing on the vocalist to give her voice that hollowish robotic sound.

Whoever she was, she sounded a lot like Emily Haines of Metric.
>>
This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsstXfcRWw
>>
>>69475497
It's gotta be this, right?
>>
Fuck I remember portal.

I completed that game three times just so I could experience the end with no interruption

I actually cried.
>>
>>69475497
>>69475530
Yes! I think this is it. I don't recall if there was any backup male vocalists, but it wasn't exactly prime listening atmosphere.

This has to be it, though. Checks all of the boxes for what I remember. You guys rock! Thanks so much!

>>69475560
Hell yeah. It was my first foray into real modern gaming. The end still gets me a little misty every time.

My girlfriend has expressed interest in playing a 'good game with a good story' and I'm worried that she won't see the beauty in Portal (because then I'd have to eject her from my life).
>>
>>69475560
>I actually cried.
Why?
>>
>>69475648
presumably because at the time there wasn't a sequel
>>
>>69475648
>>69475663
They retconned the ending when they decided to pull the trigger on Portal 2, but in the original game, the twist was the the whole entire game was a test. GlaDOS intended you to escape the chambers and confront her.

In the end, it turned out that she was still alive and proud of your success.

And there was actually cake, and the companion cube didn't actually die.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.