[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GORILLAZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: g-2017.png (216KB, 582x411px) Image search: [Google]
g-2017.png
216KB, 582x411px
What are you expecting from their new album?
>>
Honestly hope it's similar to Demon Days, since I wasn't a fan of Plastic Beach and The Fall.
>>
>>69466099
The Fall was just Damon fucking around with an iPad
>>
>>69466082
Hopefully psychedelic, with some more mellow tunes.
>>
>>69466136
It did have some good songs though and it's apart of the Gorillaz discography.

Hillbilly man and Amarillo were good songs.
>>
I hope Noodle gets some songs since she was absent from PB.
>>
>>69466185
Don't forget Revolving Doors and Little Pink Plastic Bags. Actually the whole album is enjoyable if you're feeling down.
>>
>>69466861
Yeah, that's agreeable. It captures depressing mood, especially since [in-verse] it was made by 2D while he was held against his will to make Plastic Beach by Murdoc.
>>
File: PWLIALIL.png (857KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
PWLIALIL.png
857KB, 888x888px
Probably will just be a second-rate ripoff of this masterpiece.
>>
>>69466082
This being 2016, lots of rap features, like more than Demon Days
>>
>>69467056
I think rap/hip-hop favored more in the first album than Demon Days.
>>
I'm guessin it'll be 10/10 superior to Demon Days.
>>
File: 1476450115773.jpg (50KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
1476450115773.jpg
50KB, 500x698px
6 hours of Jamie and Damon telling EMI to fuck off with mos def and de la soul yoddling taking a bath together
>>
trash
>>
>>69467071
It was more Hip-Hop, but DD has a fair amount of features, Doom, De la Soul and Dangermouse off the top of my head
>>
I think it'll be somewhere between Demon Days and S/T. I expect a bit more hip hop and rock, in the opposite direction of Plastic Beach so more acoustic stuff. I also would like to see more fusion (dub, samba, maybe even some jazz) because I'm getting a real "around-the-world" vibe from the art.

I also really want Damon to mess around with folktronica and country more like he did in The Fall and Everyday Robots.
>>
>>69467141
MF Doom was featured in a song?
>>
>>69467071
S/T only had Del (would've had Phi Lyfe Cipher but they relegated them to G-sides for some reason), it was more pure trip-hop if anything.
>>
>>69467164
November Has Come
>>
>>69467193
Oh, that's right.

I'm hoping we get some more stuff featuring the characters. In the story, the first album was produced by Russel, Demon Days was Noodle, Plastic Beach was Murdoc, and The Fall was 2D.
>>
A decent pop album. Verdict's still out if it'll still have trip hop influences. Probably since that's kind of Gorillaz' thing and even PB didn't completely move away from it but who knows.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.