[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that this sub only listens to obscure music to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is it true that this sub only listens to obscure music to be cool? If it was good shouldn't it be popular?
>>
>>69458457
Should better music be popular? Yes. Is it? No. Also, (you)
>>
>lmao guise if it's popular it's good!
Leave this board immediately.
Go play vidya or something.
>>
Sometimes I pretend to listen to normal music to seem cool huehuehue
>>
>>69458457
>sub
yikes
>>
This board doesn't listen to obscure music.

If I were to say "The Beatles were better than The Beach Boys in every way" it would get a ton of replies.
>>
>>69458457
Yep, top 40 music is actually the best music you can currently hear right now
>>
>>69458771
But it's true. Even Wings were better than the fuckin Beach Boys.
>>
>>69458457
>sub
fuck off back to the forum whose name shan't be written
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (23KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
23KB, 398x500px
>>69458457
This is very obvious b8. Got me angry for a split second, though. Moderately convincing. The 'sub' was a bit of a giveaway, though.

B+, your form could use a bit of work but good job overall.
>>
>>69458457
superhero movies are also popular.
>>
>>69458457
>Is it true that this sub only listens to obscure music to be cool?

HERE IS THE DEAL

With internet, finding obscure music is easy as fuck.
Feeling superior about it would be like an adult that dont have mental problems, like in a city and have both hands feeling superior because he can write his own name, and this would be stupid.

Doing it as a group would be even stupider, the others from the group would know the other guy is stupid.

So no, we are felling superior because we listen to obscure stuff, the only ones that do are people that dont really use internet to do musical research and listen only those those ultra famous "indie" musicians that famous only on internet.

Anyway while I was typing that I decided to discover a new band to prove my point and found the band absolute misery. Listening to it right now at youtube and if I like it it will be one extra obscure band I know and like.
>>
>>69458457
There are levels to popularity. Billboard stuff gets popular for the same reason people buy tv dinners: it has all the basic shit to get you by, and you don't have to put in any effort to find it. So, things that are already popular due to record companies pushing them will get more popular. Will they have longevity or be memorable? No. That's the benefit of something not blowing up super fast, that means it's memorable and it will slowly burn on throughout the generations.
>>
>>69461194
>it has all the basic shit to get you by, and you don't have to put in any effort to find it.
NOPE

People listen to mainstream music for the same reason indigenous tribes dont eat pizza, lasagna, hot dog, hamburgers, budwiser, pepsi, sprite, potato chips.......

they dont know it exist.

>but "muh internet"
Music is not pokemon, and people wont search for more artists if tv talk about music like if they were showing 98% of all artists out there, you wont try to catcht them all
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.