[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

File: radiohead.jpg (43KB, 807x648px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
43KB, 807x648px
I just can't get into it and I really fucking tried.

What's it's name, /mu/?
>>
Can
>>
>>69456837
your mom
>>
Death Grips and Kanye
>>
>>69456905
y-you take that back
>>
keep it like a secret
>>
>>69456837
bones
>>
All forms of metal except a few black metal albums. Sure I recognize the talent and songwriting but every song in the whole genre is hilariously over the top and excessively dramatic. Also the genre is very out of touch with all other genres and mostly keeps to itself, which imo limits its growth over time
>>
Miles Davis
This Heat-This Heat
Built To Spill-Keep It Like A Secret
Swans-The Great Annihyilator
>>
>>69456837
David Bowie sadly.
>>
>>69456837
same as you OP

all my friends love radiohead, show me live videos and stuff but I still can't get into it. don't even like their big hits
>>
Emerson Lake And Palmer.
I recognize that they're excellent and big part of establishing progressive rock as a genre but the only album of theirs I can listen to all the way through is Tarkas.
>>
mushroomhead
>>
>>69456879
Me either. Am I missing something? Al I like is muchroomhead
>>
>>69456837
Sonic Youth
>>
>>69456913
great taste, those are garbage artists.
>>
>>69456913
This.
>>
>>69456837
I like some RH songs but Oasis I don't get at all.
>>
>>69457024
This, sunbather is the only metal album i've even been able to sit through, every time the vocals in a metal album come on i just cringe
>>
St.Vincent
FKA Twigs
Bjork
>>
>>69458499
you're the cringe here
>>
>>69457024
Agree with this.

The musicianship in heavy metal is insanely good, but I can't stand the actual music at all. Especially the growling vocals.
>>
File: 521.jpg (16KB, 378x205px) Image search: [Google]
521.jpg
16KB, 378x205px
>>69458499
>>
>>69458499
Hang yourself you fucking nigger, Sunbather's vocals are awful
>>
Pretty much all of /mu/ core except for ITCOCK. Especially Loveless and Spiderland.

Don't get what anyone sees in either of those albums.

>in b4 listen to them more or listen to them louder
>listened to them both umpteen times and loud
>wasted all the time I'm going to on them
>>
>>69456837

The Beatles.
No song from them reachs me. I enjoy The Who, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones and other artists from their time, but i just don't "feel" their music.

I know is unrelated to the thread but, can anyone that enjoys their music share their experience with their favorite Beatles song? How was it to listen to it for the first time or what's your favorite part of it?
>>
>>69458598
eventually you'll get it
they're not that special 2bh
>>
>>69458499
How's having yeast infection treatment for your vagina going
>>
>>69458608
Rubber Soul got me listening to the Beatles. Really it's just a simple but catchy pop album, but then I started looking at their other work.
>>
>>69458640
>Really it's just a simple but catchy pop album

Lol no it's really not. The harmonies, guitar work, melodies, songwriting, and lyrics are all very complex on top of it being catchy. Also the first use of the sitar in a recorded song.
>>
>>69457046
that swans album is absolute shit, you did nothing wrong

>>69458262
i should like sonic youth. i just don't
>>
>>69458640
...and realized it all went downhill from there.

>Sorry, it posted before I finished typing.
>>
>>69458676
I mean it sounds/appears simple, that's part of why The Beatles were so good.

McCartney and Harrison played really complex shit all the time and people were none the wiser.
>>
>>69458676
>Also the first use of the sitar in a recorded song.
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>69458748
Um no
>>
Animal Collective
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel. Unfortunately.
>>
>>69458769
Prove it
>>
swans
>>
I think I've listened to every Fugazi album at least twice and I like/ remember about 3 of their songs

Worst effort:reward ratio of any artist I've ever listened to tbqh, definitely made me less tolerant of shit artists. Life's too short
>>
>>69458678
>He only likes new Swans
>>
Talking Heads and Kraftwerk, sorry my brothers.
>>
>>69460525
that album was nu-swans i'd rather listen to burning world bootlegs
>>
>>69458959
Learn to love Jeff.
>>
i can get into pretty much anything i want, except for kid A, i don't get how so many people think it's the best album ever made by them, everything in it's right place is pretty boring to start with, then everything is amazing until treefingers and i just give up there
>>
>>69458796
first day here, huh pal?
>>
>>69458598
they're just boring 90s rock, you're not missing out on much
>>
>>69457024
this desu, the vocals, theatricality, and the sound of the guitars in metal all really rub me the wrong way in a way it's hard for me to put my finger on. bit weird seeing that i like some extremely harsh guitar music that isn't metal.
>>
>>69458262
Have you watched any live recordings of them? For some reason that is when this band clicked for me.
>>
>>69460756
So have you listened to Motion Picture Soundtrack?
>>
Joy Division never really resonated with me while I like quite a bit of other post-punk/gothic/darkwave shit despite being a total entry level fuccboi
>>
>>69457024
This so much. Traditional heavy metal and black metal are the only kinds I could bear. When shit like Iron Maiden and all the cheese that goes along with them is glorified, you know the metal fab base is out of touch
>>
Pet Sounds
>>
>>69456837
HANL
SUFIJAN
>>
>>69462168
took me a few listens to really get into joy division. with each play that unique droning atmosphere feels stronger and curtis' lyrics start to hit you

I get it though, for such a famous band their music doesn't have the impact effect or hooks like you'd expect
>>
Swans

I've heard almost all their albums and it never clicked at any point. SftB and White Light are the closest ones to being ok, and I like Jarboe's vocals more than Gira's.
>>
>>69462168
It was actually the New Order version of Ceremony that made me really look into Joy Division
>>
>>69460756
Don't like Idioteque?
>>
>>69456879
>can't into can
top pleb
>>
>>69458598
>ITCOCK
>>
Rush
Animal Collective ( I llike maybe 2 songs)
>>
>>69458608
the beatles are garbage, just a fucking popband like one direction but from a different time period
>>
Radiohead
Kanye
Sufjan Stevens
>>
>>69460756
I think the transition between silence and anticipation and everything in its right place is beautiful and the transition between hysteria of idioteque into the depression of morning bell are the best parts of the album.
I think you're kinda supposed to stop paying as much attention in tree fingers, I think it's supposed to be a breather.
I think amnesiac is better though, also I am entry level pleb so maybe I'm just wrong.
>>
>>69456837
the smiths even though i love pretty much every other jangle pop/c86 band there was
>>
trout mask replica
>>
>>69456837
Metal
>>
File: 1477526079461.jpg (19KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1477526079461.jpg
19KB, 400x533px
Why don't I like these? WHY?!

>Loveless
>Fishmans
>Can
>The Velvet Underground
>Faust
>Duster - Stratosphere
>Burzum
>DJ Shadow - Entroducing
>cLOUDDEAD
>J Dilla - Donuts
>Talk Talk
>Red House Painters
>>
>>69458499
I wanted to like sunbather but turned it off after 10 seconds of those vocals. Absolute horse shit.
>>
>>69462706
>Loveless
>Stratosphere
>Donuts

These are the only albums on your list that I've really spent time with and I really like them all. Having said that, they all have a very specific aesthetic and don't deviate from it at all for the duration of the whole album. There's nothing wrong with not being into it. Those albums, especially Loveless and Stratosphere, really click with me in terms of the moods and textures they use.
>>
File: 1480850049374.jpg (59KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
1480850049374.jpg
59KB, 300x302px
oh boy here my list

>bob Dylan
>Johnny Cash
>Beach boys
>Built to spill
>weezer
>guided by voices
>NMH
>blonde redhead
>thrash and death metal except for some albums (no more than 20 albums but from 12 bands)
>heartland, country, alt country
>outkast
>prog rock/metal except for Rush, Camel and national bands (from my home country)
>j Dilla
>Madlib
>Nas
>My bloody valentine (a few songs)
>punk and hardcore
>all electronic except for outsider house and normie idm (afx, boc., autechre, etc)
>strokes, arctic monkeys, fleet foxes 80% indie music
>kpop
>indian, arabic and egyptian music
>90% of blues rock
>70% of jazz music
>funk
>cabaret music
>3rd wave post rock
>fugazi
>big black
>trap music
>industrial rock/metal
>real industrial (except Nurse with wound)
>grindcore
>all music that is not sing in english, spanish, japanese

im missing a fews
>>
>>69463190
Do you like anything?
>>
>>69462706
>Loveless
It's a nice album but people here really do blow it out of proportion, it isn't a grand masterpiece or anything, it's just the most iconic album in its genre
>Fishmans
I dunno, I mean they just make chill light-hearted dub and the singer has a qt voice. If you're talking about Long Season specifically, then I guess it's because the middle portion gets weird
>Can
They have some really catchy shit, but they also have really weird shit too. Listen to Future Days if you haven't yet, that's their most accessible IMO
>Stratosphere
I think the mundane and slow feel of the album works nicely, but it's one of those albums I can only listen to when I'm in the mood
>Burzum
Black metal isn't for everyone but Burzum clicked for me when I tuned out of his vocals and just focused on how loud the guitar is, if that makes sense
>Endtroducing
Same as Stratosphere, I can only listen to it when I'm in the mood, like on a rainy day
>Donuts
People kinda exaggerate this one because of Dillas death, but it is a good album on its own
>>
File: Topster - 12.jpg (2MB, 1485x1455px) Image search: [Google]
Topster - 12.jpg
2MB, 1485x1455px
>>69463205
>>
>>69457046
Miles Davis check out birth of the cool.
https://youtu.be/1X6h2TxA18c
>>
I really like the concept of Animal Collective and Ariel Pink like both of them sound like things that I like on paper but the only Anco album I like in its entirety is sung tongs and I just don't like any Ariel Pink and I really wish I liked both of them but I just don't.
Also what's up with people not being able to get into Built to Spill? Specifically Keep it Like a Secret. I mean they can't control it but god damn I can't see how you can't enjoy that album. Try seeing them live maybe. Center of the Universe live is an experience
>>
>>69458608
beatles clicked for me after listening to abby road late one night. i have a history of listening to a lot of depressing music and i was starting to move into a better place in my life, mentally. She's So Heavy came on and i was just brought back to times I felt this raw, pulsating type of love. when that songs cuts out and Here Comes The Sun begins i knew it was gonna be one of my favorites. then Golden Slumber comes a few tracks later and i lost it. still the only album of their's that i really love, but they have a good discography for the most part. just nothing overwhelmingly mind blowing.
>>
>>69462168
GIVE THEM A FEW MORE SPINS. I WAS THE SAME WAY AS U AT FIRST. READ THE LYRICS TOO
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.