[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a giant joke? All of this sounds absolutely terrible.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Robert_Johnson.png (84KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Johnson.png
84KB, 300x427px
Is this a giant joke? All of this sounds absolutely terrible. Maybe it sounded original when it came out but he's been outclassed by literally everyone else who's pickled up an instrument and played the blues.
>>
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
he ruined music
>>
File: citizenkane.jpg (74KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
citizenkane.jpg
74KB, 800x500px
Is this a giant joke? All of this looks absolutely terrible. Maybe it was original when it came out but he's been outclassed by literally everyone else who's picked up a camera and filmed a movie.
>>
I think a lot of Robert Johnson's fans just fall in love with the legend of him selling his soul to the devil.

To be honest, I don't listen to him a whole lot for similar reasons: the music often sounds very jarring and can be hard to hear the first few times around.

What I say somewhat redeems him is the absolute pain and suffering you hear in his music.

Side note: Me and The Devil Blues is a badass manga based off of Robert Johnson. You shouldn check it out.
>>
>>69450611
but honestly listen to people covering him and i think you will understand him
>>
>>69450583
You have to be in the right state of mind to appreciate it. Sometimes I would never want to here it and other times I'm in the perfect mood for it.
>>
it's comfy
>>
>>69450583
maybe you should ask fantano
>>
I think that a lot of other of the country bluesmens' music has aged better. I listen to Blind Willie Johnson, Skip James, Charley Patton, Mississippi John Hurt, etc, because I actually want to listen to their music. Listening to Robert Johnson feels like a history project.
>>
File: 3791429.png (64KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
3791429.png
64KB, 625x626px
>>69450583
>>
>>69450583
Good bait, m8
>>
>>69450583
He's a poor man's Charley Patton but still pretty great
>>
>>69450787
YOU HUSH NOW
>>
>>69450583
>Maybe it sounded original when it came out
m8 do you even know anything about Robert Johnson? He died in obscurity.
>>
>>69450787
But that legend belonged to Tommy Johnson
>>
you can go suck a fuck
>>
>>69451764
Moot!
>>
>>69452031
It also belonged to Faust
>>
What's interesting is, if you listen to people who knew Johnson, the album was not characteristic of his usual playing.

The story is, apparently, when Johnson went to meet H.C. Speir, he was a virtuoso in a lot of different styles, including Jazz and Country, alongside Delta Blues. Speir recommended Johnson record as a Delta Blues artist first, since that's what people in the region wanted. Johnson did, and of course, died before he could really branch out into different genres.

Not sure how much of it is true, but I kinda believe it.
>>
>>69452329
He was apparently going to play a big concert in NYC that would've gained him recognition before he died. Really, he's probably the first /tragic/ figure in the popular music canon. Sad life. At least he wasn't lynched.
>>
Correct, guitar, for the most part (excluding jazz) , is a meme instrument
>>
skip james is way cooler, he sounds like a ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNftrsCMiQs
>>
Millennials everyone.
>>
>>69453292
Other than needlessly insulting my generation, can you give me a reason why someone like Blind Willie Johnson isn't more enjoyable than the other Johnson?
>>
>>69453364
Why does it have to be a Competition?
>>
File: p and w.jpg (4MB, 3531x2461px) Image search: [Google]
p and w.jpg
4MB, 3531x2461px
Is this a giant joke? All this tastes absolutely terrible. Maybe it tasted original when it came out, but it's been outclassed by literally everyone else who's walked into a kitchen and fixed breakfast.
>>
The only song of his I like listening to is They're Red Hot
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.