[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does a mainstream hit have to have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
What does a mainstream hit have to have?
>>
trap influenced beats
>>
>>69446613
Something that makes white women's ginies tingle.
>>
>>69446613
it has to either be "soothing/mellow" or danceable

have song lyrics that sound deep and meaningful

have an instrumental that is just out of the norm to be """"new"""" but still close enough to the norm to be safe
>>
File: IMG_3626.jpg (61KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3626.jpg
61KB, 480x720px
>>69446613

Tardis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adk1ujjmguo

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manual
>>
>>69446730

Panda topped the hot 100. That song is neither mellow/soothing nor danceable. It's just some turn-up shit trap-banger.

Songs need to be edgier nowadays to garner any mainstream attention. Some bubblegum teen pop wont do it anymore.
>>
>>69446804
>panda is not danceable

what?

> bubblegum teen pop wont do it anymore.

That Chainsmokers garbage was number one for months. Before them fucking 21 pilots.
>>
>>69446730
>deep and meaningful
>lil titanic-1night.jpg
>>
>>69446613
>What does a mainstream hit have to have

A fucking meme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv7q1RF8UrU
>>
>>69446651
Fucking this. Every goddamn mainstream hit now has that fucking hihat
>>
>>69446804
Yea cool i guess yall got a point.. but how come Tyler the creator is considered edgy to some people and suicideboy or young lean isint edgy TO THE SAME PEOPLE? HOW?
>>
>>69446651
24k magic and uptown funk doesnt have that
bam

2020's will be the 80s again just you wait
>>
>>69446858
meant to add ...but actually aren't.
>>
By 2025 the music industry will change
By 2025 TALENT will become the face of the music industry again

You guys are sleeping, I'm so serious. Check out 2020 then 2025 everyone on /mu/ will think its awesome and love mainstream again

We're gonna be awesome again
>>
>>69447095
K but till then theres music ti be made .. but yea I agree.. it seems to me like marketing>>>>talent.. and its kinda sad but on the other side ita easier for untalented fags to blow up and get payed
>>
>>69447095
People are getting more talented, not less.

It's just that the 'soul' of music we were so used to hearing from the early rock era onward is being eliminated. Future music is trying to distance itself from the past and the kitsch of the popsong is being bastardized into a few basic tricks by those still hanging on.
>>
Is it me or the songs I hear on the radio kinda has some island accents with reggae like beats? I keep hearing it.
>>
>>69447197
to add...

the adrenaline rush of the early rock n roll era came from bands just bringing more and more songs in droves. That's what's actually disappearing from music - the arms race of putting out the next big song. We don't care anymore, pop music isn't really much of a statement to us. We have memes now, you know?

But we're able to enjoy all types of songs. Music of every style has been played in public spaces around the globe. So that's all the world needs, songs that sound vital to our time in history, and simply more of them. Good pop music is like an internal competition. Who's even competing right now?
>>
>>69447342
Yea.. pretty much
>>
>>69447095
Literally what
>>
>>69446613
>What does a mainstream hit have to have?
1-Payola
2-Not being a song from one of those genres.
2.1-Grindcore (cybergrind is ok)
2.2-Lowercase
2.3-Power electronics
2.4-Lowercase
2.5-Tonefield
2.6-Musique concrete
2.7-Onkyo
2.8-Harsh noise and hnw
2.9-Black Noise
>>
>>69446613
Taytay
>>
>>69447439
Wait lowercase is there twice, 2.4- is free jazz
>>
Black sjw criminals and a white bird
>>
>>69447197
are people getting more talented? not really.
talent has always been around and it's just been a matter of whether or not the majority opinion that determine the mainstream taste
>>
>>69446613
>What does a mainstream hit have to have?
Airplay, constant airplay. Nothing else, really.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.