[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album has aged like a fine wine.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: The_life_of_pablo_alternate.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
The_life_of_pablo_alternate.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
This album has aged like a fine wine.
>>
I haven't listened in a long time since it really starts to drag on near the end.
>>
i never really want to listen to the entire thing, but 30 hours, real friends and the father stretch my hands suite are fucking extraordinary
>>
its been like 10 months u fucking muppet
>>
Yeezus still sounds fresher than ever. Actually, it sounds way ahead of its time. Kanye peaked with Yeezus.
>>
>>69446292
Fine wine ages longer than 10 months
>>
>>69446347
Shame for the lyrics
>>
>>69446372
how do you not like "PUT MY FIST IN HER LIKE A CIVIL RIGHTS SIGN*
>>
>>69446292
I agree. It may end up being remembered as his greatest achievement.
>>
>mfw i still cant decide whether its better than yeezus or not even though sonically theyre almost complete opposites

Yeezus has consistency, tlop has high highs and low lows (aka obvious dog shit filler)
>>
>>69446292
no it didnt its average at best
>>
NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL
>>
Nathan Zed put up a playlist to listen to TLOP in the order Kanye intended to have in the beginning. It makes it better imo
>>
File: life of paul.jpg (362KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
life of paul.jpg
362KB, 1500x1500px
>>69446292
the superior version desu
>>
The thing with Kanye is that no matter how old his album is, it will still be great
>>
>>69446372
>EATIN ASIAN PUSSY ALL I NEED WAS SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
Is Kanye the greatest poet of the modern era?
>>
>>69448575
The Life of Paul is garbage. All it does is stretch the album out and highlight all the sample Kanye used. Have you heard Famous on the The Life of Paul. Literal Trash.
>>
11/10 album. Getting better each listen.

gives us what we need, it may not be what we want
>>
>>69450601

Way too many features.
>>
>>69448575
Fuck off with this meme
>>
>>69446292
FLOP

I had an emperor's new clothes realization about Kanye; post MBDTF (which is good but no masterpiece), he's just been making shit.

Watch the Throne: Mediocre beats with nothing else.

Yeezus: Some good production here and there, but god those lyrics are fucking awful. He sounds like he's trying so hard to be artsy and edgy, comes across so poorly.

Cruel Summer: Throw away radio trash.

TLOP: Same deal as Yeezus, just without the trying to be edgy part.

Is Kanye even trying anymore?
>>
>>69450860

Yeezus is his best album by far you pleb. TLOP is one of his worst.
>>
>>69450883
What exactly makes Yeezus good to you? Is it eating asian pussy with sweet and sour sauce? Chief Keef singing? All the autotune wailing?
>>
>>69451175
I really like the eating Asian pussy with sweet and sour sauce lyric
>>
>>69448575

makes me wanna do a version of it
>>
>>69446292

His best album in years.
>>
808s > Pablo
>>
>>69446317
they're all garbage
>>
>>69446317

30 hours is soo good
>>
>>69446434
Hurry up with my damn croissants
>>
>>69446372
The lyrics were never bad, they're exactly what they were supposed to be. For the most part funny with some ye-storytelling. Bitches like you whine and we end up with J. Cole's artistically bankrupt ass. Fuck lyrics.
>>
>>69450860
>Watch the Throne: Mediocre beats with nothing else.
More of a Jay project with really underrated lyrics and a thin invitation to black exceptionalism.
>Yeezus: Some good production here and there, but god those lyrics are fucking awful. He sounds like he's trying so hard to be artsy and edgy, comes across so poorly.
He did exactly what he wanted to lyrically on Yeezus. To be honest, he spits as much on it as he did on Graduation and the subject matter is not that far away from Dropout, just from a different perspective. And it's funny from track 1 to the end.
>Cruel Summer: Throw away radio trash.
It's a compilation.
>TLOP: Same deal as Yeezus, just without the trying to be edgy part.
So the lyrics are just bad? Bitch, real friends and 30 hours are on this! It's also Kanye trying to reinvent himself as a songwriter instead of just a rapper or producer, and it damn worked.
>>
File: 1475806184176.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
1475806184176.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>69453494
>Fuck lyrics.
Is this the most ridiculous sentiment routinely spouted on this board? Hint: The answer is yes
>>
>>69453618
The faggots who spout shit about lyrics have a box that no matter how big it is will always be a stupid fucking box. Waves is proof that you don't need good lyrics to have a good song and I just don't think any of the lyrics on Yeezus were actually bad save a few awkward lines in I am a God. Hold My liquor has more lyrical depth than half of the Beatles discography, but Kanye is a hip hop artist so it's judged somewhat different, which makes a sort of sense, but not if the songs have merit outside of vague ideas of what hip hop lyrics are supposed to be like and Ye has consistently pushed hip hop to different places as a whole.

inb4
>kanye dickrider
well I guess a blowjobs better than no job
>>
>>69453618
As if Bowie had great lyrics
>>
>>69448575
agreed EXCEPT

no more parties in LA

he had an opportunity to cut down that endless loop of rapping

and its the only song that doesn't benefit from the extended sample, it just kills the impace of when the beat comes back in
>>
>>69453818
let's be honest you could probably pick on any artist for some of their lyrics that poster is just an autistic negative little fuck
>>
>>69453726
>When I park my Range Rover
>Slightly scratch your Corolla
>Okay, I smashed your Corolla
really makes u think
>>
>>69454942
>I WANNA HOLD YOU HAND
> SHE LOVES YOU YEAH YEAH YEAH
> IM A CREEP, IM A LOSER
> SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER SPORT BROTHER

GOAT SO DEEP SUCH ART!
>>
>>69446292
well the album does sound more mature than my dark twisted fantasy, it's more like aged cheddar than anything else
>>
>>69453726

>Waves is proof that you don't need good lyrics to have a good song

Waves is fucking garbage and I don't see what people see in it. TLOP has its good songs but Christ, Waves is not one of them.
>>
>>69446355

>>69453494 is right, the insane lyrics convey Kanye's breaking point better than anything I could imagine at least.

Also it's worth mentioning that people who shit on Kanye's lyrics are almost always incredibly boring people who've never laughed out loud before.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.