[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hiphop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tylah.gif (2MB, 400x231px) Image search: [Google]
tylah.gif
2MB, 400x231px
This summer I saw so many big names in hiphop like Tyler, The Creator, A$AP Ferg, Rocky, Skepta and ScHoolboy Q. Up until the end of this summer I was a lot into these artists and the genre as a whole.

Now my interest is thinning out, only act that is remotely hiphop I can actively listen to without yawning is Death Grips who I also saw a month ago or something.

Is there something wrong with me? Did I absorb too much hiphop to keep liking it? Am I growing old? Is this what metalheads go through? Does this mean I'm a 20 year old adult now? I demand answers. Should I just give up on the genre as a whole, is there no hope for me left? I can't even listen to the punkshit of Beastie Boys anymore.

Right now I'm listening to the newest Swet Shop Boys, 3 songs in and I'm already bored eventhough I know it's an interesting record. What the fuck.
>>
>>69446057
>being this white

lol just go back to rock and metal
>>
>>69446148
I'm not white, I'm from the middle-east.
>>
The artists you listed are one of the more boring rappers imo.

Try other things such as Anderson Paak, Chance the Rapper and J cole or more oldschool like Gang Starr, Mos Def or Mad villain
>>
>>69446281
.Paak doesn't do it for me. Only thing I actually care about is his feature on that Domo Genesis song. Chance is alright, but I didn't dig his new mixtape apart from No Problem. He had a gig in my town but I just didn't feel like spending money on him.

I'll try Gang Starr, never listened to him before.
>>
Maybe you just got tired of the genre and need to give it a rest for a while. Happens to me a lot.
>>
>>69446354
That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe I even need a longer break than I just took. I didn't actively listen to the genre for like a month now. I only listen to entire songs when I'm at a party or something, and then it's just background noise anyway.

God, I really am a whiny bitch.
>>
>>69446281
>more boring rappers imo.
>try J Cole and Chance

Fucking seriously.

>Gang Starr, never listened to him before.
>him

Fucking hell thread hidden #triggered
>>
>>69446057
Did you see these guys at Woo Hah?

Also if you dont like it anymore just listen to something else its not a big deal
>>
>>69446415
I MEANT THEM, I had never heard of them before and I just realized it's a group when I looked the name up. Geez, give me a break. I'm not that big on the oldschool scene.
>>
>>69446480
yeah I saw them there! it was a great day.

and yeah, J. Cole does suck. He's logic and g-eazy tier right now.
>>
>>69446210
then you should know that music is haram
>>
I say check out some el-p shit. Whether it be albums he has produced or his own shit(which he also produced). Run the Jewels is a good starting point of his, though.
>>
>>69446057
No you are just a pleb and are finally realizing the superficiality of your plebby favorites.

Try:
Dalek - Absence
Divine Styler - Spiral Walls Approaching Atoms of Light
Blackout - Dreamworld
cLOUDDEAD - s/t
The Constructus Corporation - The Ziggurat
Anything by DJ Screw
Kid Koala - Some of My Best Friends are DJ's
Shabazz Palaces
Any significant instrumental hip-hop album

Some rap sacred cows are good but some are simply bloated, commercialized, and bland. I won't tell you which ones though so use your own judgment

Even the new Tribe album is miles better than most common memerap favorites here

But in general, hip-hop is a pretty pleb genre. There are some amazing albums but there's very few albums that are normie-adverse, something you can't really say of rock, electronic. In that, they're much less diverse and exciting than the aforementioned genres
>>
gotta listen to lil uzi and kodak maybe some lil boat kot* if youre feeling adventurous
>>
File: 1442040074597.gif (87KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442040074597.gif
87KB, 200x200px
>>69446057
hey doofus, read
>>69446522
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.