[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this album good or meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 516itKL5IwL.jpg (33KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
516itKL5IwL.jpg
33KB, 500x492px
Is this album good or meme?
>>
both
>>
only one way to find out
>>
>a broadly appreciated, innovative but accessible jazz album
>a meme because you saw it mentioned maybe once on /mu/ if ever

what the fuck is wrong with high schoolers these days? how old are the minecraft generation now? is that what's happening here?
>>
>meme
Yeah stop calling music that anon

This album is incredible if you can appreciate it.
>>
>>69445532
actually though
>im 15-18 and I listen to (free) Jazz. I'm not saying this so that you like me but please like me. Also can I have your approval of whether its cool to like this?
>>
>>69445561
OP is playing himself, 'cause /mu/ likes Death Grips and is talking about Childish Gambino as we speak. he'll never learn what's cool talking to the fedora teenagers who populate this board
>>
>>69445561
>guys look I am so not an avant teen I am so much better than avant teens I never even listened to ornette that's how not avanteen I am please look at me not being an avanteen
you're just as bad as them
>>
>>69445602
>ornette
>avant-teen

are you fucking high? Skies of America is the original Rich 4.5 Ornette pick and it's vastly different from his other output. The Shape of Jazz to Come is like a tier below fucking Love Supreme/Black Saint/Kind of Blue as far as broad popularity and ubiquity in entry-level jazz circles. you're literally a moron.
>>
>>69445532
The problem with this whole /mu/ is that people think that if something is meme it means something. Its just a stamp put on things on a website. You guys are delusional.
>>
>>69445532
Pretty much this.
Most of them are around 15-16 now anon, they've already ruined YouTube - like it could get worse.
I've seen some on the RYM forums also.

>>69445561
So you fell for (you) images made by /daily/ tripfags?
Albums featured on those images are well respected - mostly cult albums. And usually have fanbases here on /mu/, images like that are simply meant to infuriate and isolate individuals for enjoy those albums. Or alienate people who pretend to enjoy them for patrician/pleb e-points.
>>
>>69445634
you don't know what avant-teens are
>>
>>69445697
i literally invented the term
>>
>>69445723
yea and my dad is the owner of 4chan
>>
>>69445748
lol whatever dude i'm just telling the truth and i'm sure that you've probably been lurking /mu/ for less time than that term has even existed and that you look like an idiot when you think one of the most popular jazz albums ever (especially so among rock audiences, who tend to favor '50s and '60s jazz) is "avant-teen"
>>
>>69445791
since you're very stupid I'll explain my first post to you
this "guys look I am so not an avant teen I am so much better than avant teens I never even listened to ornette that's how not avanteen I am please look at me not being an avanteen" is something a stupid person would say
the stupid person would look at the person who listens to ornette and call him (the listener) an avanteen
it has nothing to do with his music, or his acclaiming or his fame or how important he is, because the stupid person doesn't know about any of that
do you understand it now? you don't need to pretend to be whoever you think is relevant to win an argument, next time think instead of lying like a middle schooler
>>
>>69445602
>guys look I am so not antiavant teen faggot who feels special, I don't criticise people at all, look at me
you're just as bad as them
>>
>>69445532
I wouldn't call a avant-garde jazz album accessible, but compared to his albums this one is tame and it's more avant-garde and free jazz.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.