[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>listens to TPAB once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 5j5ck7X[1].jpg (576KB, 946x955px) Image search: [Google]
5j5ck7X[1].jpg
576KB, 946x955px
>listens to TPAB once
>>
weird that black ppl dont find it offensive/exploitive that because pro black social justice shit is popular right now, musicians who have never cared about that shit are co opting and milking the fuck out of it for profits
>>
The thing that confuses me about this is that for fucking years now, Childish Gambino's whole thing has been that he's a black guy who's not stereotypically black.

He's the "white guy at the Sufjan concert". He raps with a "white" voice. Talks about how he's not like a standard black guy.

Then he goes and drops a funk album.
>>
>>69443076
And...
>>
>>69443102
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but this new album is unashamedly black.
>>
>>69443132
"sure"
>>
>>69442974
>his musical knowledge doesn't extend past 2015

Jesus christ, newfags. Never listened to some Funkadelic even? I mean you don't even have to scratch the surface of funk to think of a better insult than a rap album from 20 fucking 15.
>>
>>69443150
nigger hater confirmed
>>
>>69443163
"sure"
>>
>>69443019
I mean Donald's been slowly shifting from hip hop to more soul/r&b influenced music, from Camp to BTI and Kauai so honestly this isn't too far off to me
>>
>>69443019
agreed
>>
>>69443076
This is exactly why Gambino is fucking shit

He doesn't even know himself and is utterly desperate to find what he's good at, all the while bragging about how he's changing the game when he hasn't done a single fucking thing.
I fucking hate Donald Glover and everything he's ever done.
>>
>listens to maggot brain once
>>
>>69444050
nah he's actually good at writing TV, he just goes full retard with manic depressive energy
>>
>>69444050
Donald Glover is a genius in the entertainment arts.

>>69443076
Donald is a very classy black male with a knowledgeable base of black culture. He's affected by the culture and also produces within the culture. He runs parallels with how race is applied to just about anything in (american) life. He hints that he's not a "stereo-typically, ignorant, ill-tempered black person" because it's true and he's drawing a comparison to how things aren't really that different between people other than their presented perspective.

Black doesn't just mean you like rap, you play basketball and like eating soulfood. It's the FULL ENCOMPASSING CULTURE. And within that sense, he's very black. He completely understands black encompassing culture; the full plight blacks, from behind the veil. while being afront of the veil at the same time. He demonstrates this well in his show Atlanta.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you believe the race problem is a "picking of sides" issue. Which couldn't be anymore in error.
>>
>>69443019
If you actually knew black people you'd know that not all of us are on board and we can clearly acknowledge Donalds wave riding.
>>
>>69443076

The only black people I've seen having a problem with him or his music are ones that think they are white.
>>
>>69443019
pro-black social justice shit?

Sad to see someone have this take away that makes the music of blacks to be disingenuous. It's just someone going back to it's great, black musical roots.

Please tell me where he should take his music. Should he have gone closer to prince? Micheal Jackson? I'm not sure if you're just reacting or actually have a genuine grievous.
>>
>>69445030
He ain't that black. Niggas know he drinks juice.
>>
>>69443076
it's called developing as an artist. if i were him, I'd realize how cringey my music was and try to differentiate myself too. he's clearly talented, and he didn't want to be pigeonholed into such a niche genre.
>>
>>69445206
lol, nah man he sippin that drink

- Does he get a HOOD pass?
Probably not. With his singing and all desu

-Is he black?
imo, yes. But how subjective does being black need to be if you can literally categorize a person's 'blackness'. questions involving racial identity should hold little merit. To what purpose does it aim towards? Is it to mean his actions are more or less helping to blacks? Strange to say desu.
>>
>>69445185
he should just stop because it's clear he has no original ideas whatsoever and just imitates whatever is popular
>>
>>69445559
All due respect, Bieber is more black than Glover.
>>
>>69445604
Real life isn't like high school. being, acting talking, thinking "black" is as retarded as you can get.

Being cultured and having class can be done by any race. If you say blackskinned people having (universal) culture can't be black, then being black is just ignorant people staying ignorant.

"Going dumb"
>>
>>69445030
Well that would be terrible. The point I'm making is that people can't feed people garbage if people just sit down and accept it. At what point do you say "Hey, this is bullshit, I'm not gunna just let anyone do whatever they want to me". Hitler, for example, had to be voted into office. People had to generally accept him for him to gain power. The same can be said for anything. All it takes for evil to win is good men do nothing. I'm sick of the bullshit in the world and if given the choice of eating shit for my whole life or at least enjoying the moments I have I choose the later. I'm not violent. I'm not supporting a revolution. I just want people to take care of one another. I just want to see kids go to school, and the earth not to melt, and to have 2.5 kids and a picket fence and all that. That's what everyone wants deep down I know it. And people have just given up. Everyone I know it seems like they've just given up. Not me! I'm not that stupid. If I am, well, maybe I was just the only smart one.
>>
>>69443019
i agree that bino is a trendhopper but he actually did do something like this on bti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzXp3IFtUTw
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.