/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teach me how to sing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 91b1Hd0.jpg (18KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
91b1Hd0.jpg
18KB, 600x238px
How do I learn how to sing bros?

I really like singing but I am terribly shit at it, whenever I do people tell me to shut up and it's a little disheartening.
>>
Listen to Leonard Cohen, Crayon POP and Crash Bandicoot 2 OST then you'll be a good singer https://youtu.be/spgx8dveV5g
>>
>>69438152
pick your favourite song and just talk the words.
half-way through just start singing it.
sing like you speak and it'll be natural.
>>
>>69438152
The best singers can't sing
>>
>>69438630
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>69438152
Try to inhale with your stomach if you're going to be doing any loud belting (Neutral Milk Hotel) or screaming (literally any kind of black metal). If you're going to sing quietly (think Microphones/Mount Eerie), inhale with your chest and exhale tonally, as you would if you were speaking. Drink lots of water, always warm or lukewarm, never cold. Stay away from dairy products, soda and alcoholic beverages. They can be harmful.
Learn when to use vibrato. It's not always necessary. Falsetto isn't always necessary either, unless you're Peter Silberman.
You can increase your range by doing daily exercises. Start off by warming up; you can do this by humming in a comfortable range for ~5 minutes. Always warm up before singing to avoid damaging your vocal cords. Then trying to get lower and lower until you can hit satisfactory low notes and higher and higher until you can hit satisfactory high notes. Don't push yourself too hard. Just take each day step by step and you'll build your voice eventually.
You might also want to try breath control tactics and exercises. Holding your breath for around ~30 seconds and trying to avoid hyperventilating when you resume breathing is a great way to train your lungs and build lung capacity. It will be difficult at first, but it will help you hold notes.
Practice enunciating vowels if that's your thing, but that will lead you toward a more operatic kind of singing (think Raphaelle Stendelle-Preston) and isn't really necessary. Mumbling is cool now.
You might also want to avoid talking too much, and if you do have to talk a lot, talk quietly.
If you're moderately tone-deaf, you might be able to correct it by playing a continuous synth note and holding it. Then hum along with the note until you feel the synth and your voice are in perfect sync. This can be difficult, and if you're extremely tone-deaf, it will only help a little.
It helps to record yourself singing and listen to it afterward, so you can take notes on (1/2)
>>
>>69439865
(2/2) what you need to improve on.
Do not strain yourself. This will cause you to get a hoarse voice and could damage your vocal cords in the long run. Don't practice if you have a cold; just stay relatively silent. If anything hurts, stop doing it. That's about it.
>>
>>69439865
>>69439890
stop being helpful, you goody-two-shoes faggot.
>>
File: ps.png (239KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ps.png
239KB, 500x375px
SCREEAAAAAAAAAAAM
>>
>>69440423
Die in a fire
>>
>>69439865
>>69439890
Thanks, you are very helpful
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.