[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can any of you sit there and disrespect Heavy Metal when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Flanders.jpg (204KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Flanders.jpg
204KB, 2880x1800px
How can any of you sit there and disrespect Heavy Metal when none of you have ever touched a real instrument?
>>
Metal more like Mattel
>>
Oh wow. This argument again.

>How can a food critic say food tastes bad if he's never picked up a spatula?

>How can a movie critic say a film is bad if he's never sat in a director's chair?

>How can an art critic say a painting is bad if he's never picked up a brush?

Go shitpost somewhere else.
>>
File: 1451684972961.jpg (19KB, 247x366px) Image search: [Google]
1451684972961.jpg
19KB, 247x366px
>>69436656
>>
What a fucking stupid assumption lmao
>>
>>69436641
takbir
>>
>>69436641
If it's drippy and yella, ya got piss there fella.
>>
>>69436681
i personally dont like metal, but if you think you can have any valid opinion on music without being able to play an instrument + having good music theory knowledge, then you're just plain wrong.
>>
You know, most people don't know the difference... between apple cider and apple juice.

But I do. Now, here's a little trick to help you remember.

If it's clear and yella, you've got juice there, fella.

If it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town.
>>
>>69436760
What resonates resonates and what doesn't doesn't. People who play instruments will play what they will, and will naturally have more insight into the technicality of music making and the investments involved than the listener. Their knowledge of the process and their experience is their edge over the listener. Music theory hardly comes into the mix at all.

Opinions are opinions, and everyone's entitled to them. That way of thinking basically says only the elite can think something of music; the problem there is that it ignores how there is no real objective, be-all-end-all point in music. Not everyone is going to like dweedly-weedly technical metal, not everyone is going to like millennial whoop-ridden pop; nobody needs instrumental prowess or music theory knowledge to explain why someone would like or dislike either end of the spectrum. Attempting to intellectualize something inherently emotional and illogical any further than that is just wasted effort, more or less.
>>
>>69436844
I get what you're saying, but I think my problem with reducing music to only feeling is that people still find a way to be elitist, but now with no background of music knowledge.

Look at /mu/ core for example. A lot of it is just rock or pop that's been elevated by music critics and elitists.
/mu/ thinks of itself as this kind of musical elite, instead of realizing that they're just a collection of people with roughly the same taste in music like metalheads or goths and so on, but still they manage to feel superior to everyone else.

so y you can have a valid opinion on music without any musical knowledge. I just hate it when people try to raise their music above others using their minimal knowledge of theory, and then resort to muh feelings when they get called out by a theory nerd.
>>
I play six senpai. It hasn't made my taste any better

I will say it has made me appreciate and recognize a musician's level of skill, but personal taste is the dominating factor
>>
>>69437020
People are stupid and they try to elevate themselves above others when none of that really matters in music, or any field for that matter. I'd say not to let it phase you, but it is niggling, to a fault.

They're just no different than the types who venerate metal for bashing religion and being "fringe" and the types who won't go further than pop because anything beyond is unlistenable for them. Some will realize this, some won't.

True /mu/ drones aren't too common, but they exist. My chief issue with them is their lack of interest in the music and their greater interest in joining the mystic meme monastery that is 4chan, that creepy place where vaporwave and klansman toads come from.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.