[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of AC/DC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Brian_Johnson_performing.jpg (590KB, 2169x2165px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Johnson_performing.jpg
590KB, 2169x2165px
What does /mu/ think of AC/DC?
>>
>>69423909
Dated dadrock
>>
>>69423909
they were the 21 pilots of their generation

(I mean in a shitty way)
>>
brian johnson sucks desu
>>
I'm 11 and love rock music :3-core
>>
>>69423909
Angus singing is fucking terrible though.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Back in Black [Atlantic, 1980]

Replacing Aerosmith as the band of choice for heavy machinery-admiring primitives, these Aussies are a little too archetypical for my taste. Angus Young does come up with some killer riffs, although not as often as a refined person like myself would hope, and newly-recruited singer Brian Johnson sings like he has a cattle prod at his scrotum, just the thing for fans who can't decide whether their newfound testosterone is agony or ecstasy. Songs like "Given (sic) The Dog A Bone" and "Let Me Put My Love Into You" contain all the unimaginative sexual acts you'd imagine, while "What Do You Do For Money, Honey" has fewer answers than the average secretary would prefer. My sister is glad they don't write poetry, and if you're female, feel free to share in her relief. Brothers are more deeply implicated in these matters. B-

For Those About to Rock We Salute You [Atlantic, 1981]

Brian Johnson takes over, defining an anthemic grandiosity more suitable to their precious-metal status than Bon Scott's old-fashioned raunch. Also dumber. "Let's Get It Up" is a limited sentiment in any case. But I'd appreciate some indication that Johnson knows the difference between his dick and the light tower. C

Who Made Who [Atlantic, 1986]

The soundtrack for Stephen King's "Maximum Overdrive" goes light on Bon Scott (featured here only on the tired "Ride On"), while two of the three new tracks are instrumentals, and the sexism is largely kept muted. I only wish the band's one true masterwork, the drum-hooked fucksong "You Shook Me All Night Long" wasn't buried on side one the way it's buried on side two of "Back In Black". But this is their most presentable collection nonetheless. B+
>>
Blow Up Your Video [Atlantic, 1988]

The brutal truth is that sexism has never kept a great rock-and-roller down--from Muddy to Lemmy, lots of dynamite music has objectified women in objectionable ways. But rotely is not among those ways. I mean, these guys have never known how to throw a party. Sure their costumery is good for a laugh, but Brian Johnson shrieks too much, which gets positively painful as he grows hoarse with the encroaching years, and they've always been stingy with their famous killer riffs. Their reunion with Vanda & Young no more signals their renewed determination to make good albums than Elton John's reunion with Bernie Taupin. It signals commercial panic, and unlike Elton they're unlikely to reverse their downward sales path over the long haul. I eagerly await their retirement and the dynamite best-of I trust will prove subsequent upon it. C+
>>
>>69423909
Good party music.
>>
scaruffi likes them and i do too
>>
Even my dad hates them.
>>
>>69424418
Top kekis
>>
What sound does Brian Johnson make /mu/?
>>
>>69424251
>The brutal truth is that sexism has never kept a great rock-and-roller down--from Muddy to Lemmy, lots of dynamite music has objectified women in objectionable ways

Don't forget his hero Chuck "Toilet Tape" Berry. Sweet Little Sixteen is the prototype for all subsequent rock misogyny.
>>
>>69424231
>>69424251
>>69424404
i mean if this is how /mu/ validates liking one of the world's most popular bands, then so be it

>>69424418
you don't have a dad
>>
>>69424404
I don't think so
>>
I notice Christgau seemed to like the Johnson albums better than the Scott ones, but then that's probably because he's a filthy poptimist (note how he says YSMANL was their best song).
>>
>>69424251
I didn't know they had nu-males in 1988
>>
>>69424772
Christgau was the original nu male because he was an awkward nerd that got beaten up by football jocks in high school and takes out out his insecurities on metal music.
>>
derivative buttrock blues knockoffs with unbearable lyrics. but damn good music for getting fucked up on domestic beer playing wiffleball
>>
>>69425032
I mean, heck. Them and Kiss are cheesy and cliched as fuck, but as party rock goes, they're as good as it gets.
>>
>>69425032
nah, that would be late acdc, bon scott was a much smarter fellow who realised it was a silly and fun tough guy game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZY2nl2CwLc
>>
ROCK AND ROLL AIN'T NEVER GONNA DIE
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.