[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ween thread talk about ween

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: ween.jpg (16KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
ween.jpg
16KB, 281x211px
Ween thread

talk about ween
>>
deaner is cute
>>
They're alright. I like some of their songs. I don't really think there's a whole lot to be said that hasn't been said already. I'll also do everyone a favor and write out the posts that will come
>lol this band is so fucking dumb, they're literally just a joke
>no dude you just dont get it, they're musical genius
>OCEAN MAN
>which album is the best? I think it's the mollusk or Quebec
>>
ive listened to almost every ween album now. i only have quebec to go but i dont want the journey to end yet bros ;_;
>>
>>69423756
listen to quebec, it's fucking brown.

dont' worry, youll be finding new b-sides and live performances for another year, the end is nowhere in sight for you friend
>>
>>69423756
Listen to their outtakes and b-sides, I'll link you the collection if you want.
>>
File: listen here faggots.jpg (43KB, 251x235px) Image search: [Google]
listen here faggots.jpg
43KB, 251x235px
Happy Colored Marbles is a shit song and terribly overrated
>>
>>69423559
Why is ween so inconsistent, its like, they have a really good album with Quebec but fuck it up so bad with the stupid shit they put on it too.

What the fuck???
>>
>>69424930

clarify "stupid shit" before I agree with you
>>
>>69424979
OK so, On Quebec you have I Don't Want It followed by The Fucked Jam

Like I don't want it is one of the best songs I have ever heard IMO, and The Fucked Jam just ruins any vibe the album had
>>
I cannot stand the majority of this band's output, but I like the Mollusk, Quebec, and White Pepper. Can I still consider myself a Ween fan even though I hate their early stuff?
>>
>>69425012
I'm not huge on Quebec like everyone else, and I do agree with you there. What do you think of Chocolate and Cheese, or the Mollusk?
>>
>>69425012

Question: what do you think about The Fucked Jam as a song independent of its context? I'm inclined to agree that Quebec is a little bit hodge-podge for its own good, I just want your opinion on the song in general.
>>
>>69424930
>>69425012
Montie being a pleb as usual
>>
>>69425029
if you hate chocolate and cheese then you definitely need your head checking
>>
>>69425040
I don't like the Mollusk because its just a bit too quirky for me. I have not heard Chocolate and Cheese yet but I plan on listening to it soon.

>>69425075
So, I think it would work good on any other album of its style or "fun"/quirkyness. Or as a B-side it would work wonderfully. I don't hate the song in itself, it is not my favorite thing in the world. I just think it fucks up the flow of Quebec in such a manner that it brings the album almost down a full point.
>>
>>69425125

I can respect that opinion, yeah. I actually think Hey There Fancypants is the song that really kind of screws up any kind of continuity on Quebec, desu.

>>69425029
I consider myself a Ween fan and The Pod is definitely trash-tier
>>
I don't think they've ever released an album that's not good, or at least doesn't have some really good songs

Even La Cucaracha

Choc and Cheese and Quebec are clearly the best though

The Mollusk has the best closer
Quebec the best opener
>>
>>69424768
no
>>
>>69425188
if you don't like polla asado and the stallion pt 1 they you need to sort your life out
>>
>>69425191
Dancing in the show is god-tier though

>>69425125
Chocolate and cheese is great, you might not like the song Candi though
>>
>>69425191

IMO the only song on La Cucaracha that sucks ass is Spirit Walker, and maaaaaybe Fruit Man. The rest is pretty darn good.

>>69425216
I can dig Pollo Asado. The rest, not so much.
>>
>>69425086
That one freakout of his was funny as hell, but he does have a good point here. Fucked Jam is kinda out of place.
>>
>>69425245
>Dancing in the show is god-tier

true. I wish the whole album carried on that sort of tone
Quebec does that better, I think, even though no other songs are even stylistically similar to Long Night. There's definitely a through-line, whereas the Mollusk clearly has songs they had wrote way earlier among the ocean stuff

I love the instrumental towards the end of Quebec, where it almost sounds like loads of people yammering. That album definitely has an overall feeling of domestic dissatisfaction

And Chocolate Town... fuck me what a genius song
>>
>>69425376
God I love Chocolate town. So beautiful.

The Ceaser demos are great as well, Abrosia parsley is fantastic, but definitely doesnt fit on Quebec.
>>
>>69425116
There are songs off of it that I enjoy but it's incredibly inconsistent.
>>69425188
God damn, The Pod was a painful listen.
>>
File: ween 2.jpg (59KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
ween 2.jpg
59KB, 500x330px
should have been on there, their funniest song ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneR8L2s59g
>>
>>69425653
which songs do you dislike? there's only like two I dislike on there
>>
>>69425653
I used to hate the Pod. Then I listened to it when I had the flu real bad, and it clicked. Give it a listen next time you get sick, you'll like it more.
>>
>>69425751
A handful of them I'm not into
Candi, The HIV song, Don't Eat Where You Shit, those I can't stand, and amongst the one's that I just think are OK are Spinal Meningitis, I Can't Put My Finger on It, Drifter in the Dark, Voodoo Lady. I think the rest of the album is pretty great. I'm sure we just have different tastes in music. Ween is a weird band for me because I like a lot of weird and zany music but so many of their songs do not do anything for me. It doesn't make me mad or anything and I'm not gonna yell at you for liking that stuff like people enjoy doing on this board...I think the reason why I don't like a lot of their stuff is because many of their songs rely to heavily on how 'funny' they're supposed to be and there's no 'actual song' to back up the humor so it just comes out sounding like a bad joke to me.
>>
>>69424739
Not him but DO IT
>>
>>69426113
>The HIV song
come on
>Spinal Meningitis
>Voodoo Lady
>just okay
come ooooon

I disagree entirely about the songs relying on "being funny". More often than not I think Ween are trying to get to a certain kind of tone rather than outright laffs. Even shit like the HIV song has a vibe to it that doesn't equal straight laffs to me, its trying for something else

And they always have a solid songwriting base
>>
>>69427175
https://mega.nz/#F!TdcTQIZL!24iJR4MelkNCPyJbnqMmJQ

Here you go mang

Enjoy the music!
>>
>>69423559
I listened to The Mollusk for the first time today (as an intro to Ween). Explain to me why it is so universally acclaimed and loved?
>>
>>69427345
because it has great songs on it
>>
>>69427383
Thanks. I didn't get it.
>>
>>69427411
no problem
>>
>>69427315
brown
>>
12 country greats is underrated
mollusk is their best album
pod is their best brown sound
>>
What are some albums that you guys like that have a ween vibe?

Pic related reminds me of ween.
>>
File: Beck - Mellow Gold.jpg (16KB, 220x219px) Image search: [Google]
Beck - Mellow Gold.jpg
16KB, 220x219px
>>69428128
Fucked up, here is pic.
>>
>>69427345
I listened to The Mollusk for the first time last year and fucking loved it. It's a total journey and I loved every second and every homage
>>
>>69428157
Very Ween'y album. His early stuff is seriously brown, I'd reccomend most of his early stuff.
>>
Ween sucks
>>
>>69428722
you suck
>>
>>69428722
You haven't listened to enough Ween
>>
>>69428722
you can zuck my ween, if you get my meaning, goy
>>
>>69423559
are there any other bands like ween? please recommend me artists similar to them
not the residents though.
>>
Pure Guava is my favorite.
>>
>>69423559
too incosistent i agree. Anyone know any similar songs to Sarah, Baby Bitch ?!
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.