[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loveless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: loveless.jpg (109KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109KB, 660x660px
What makes this album so good /mu/ ?
I know it's ridiculously popular but i can't seem to understand why i love it so much.

It's an album that i listen to at 1 AM when walking home or driving at 2 AM. It has a certain kind of feel to it which complements loneliness very well imo. But I can't pin point exactly what it is that makes it such a beautiful album.
>>
Step 1. Listen with good headphones/speaker setup
Step 2. Play the album loud and in darkness
Step 3. Try and differentiate between the layers and walls of sound
Step 4. Let your mind soar through the beautiful crashing soundscapes
Step 5. Cry all night at the beauty of sound you just experienced
>>
File: IMG_5226.png (984KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5226.png
984KB, 750x1334px
>>69423112
damn... imma try this.
>>
>>69422996
Because its the only album that does shoegaze/dream pop's gimmick well.
>>
>>69423112
>good headphones
i enjoyed it more with shit headphones, someone explain this
>>
>>69423186
probably your pleb taste
>>
File: IMG_5214.jpg (58KB, 468x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5214.jpg
58KB, 468x318px
>>69423151
kek
>>
Unique and highly creative approach to sound design combined with excellent songwriting that supplements the album's general aesthetic flawlessly
>>
>>69423177
Typical Scaruffi drone.
>>
>>69422996
You have to enjoy the noise, dats it.
>>
It's because the songs are so good and the sounds are even better
like To Here Knows When is probably the closest anyone will come to sonic perfection
>>
>>69423296
delet
>>
basically a dude stumbled on the formula to get some of the most satisfying and beautiful sounds out of a bass-drums-guitar-vox combo and spent a long time creating simple pop songs that could act as a vehicle for those sounds
>>
>>69422996
It's all in the texture, baby.
There's a beautiful mixture of dirty and clean that sounds like it both coalesces into one sound and yet all the layers remain very distinct. Shields was a perfectionist and he made sure every layer works on its own yet also adds to the whole in more than one way, either texturally, melodically or rhythmically.
This combined with open and suspended chord structures make the music feel like its kind of floating on laudanum or something.
He takes simple pop mechanics and drowns them in mush.
>>
>>69425370
>>69425284
Well said. It blows my mind how long ago this album came out and yet it still sounds timeless and unlike anything else.

The way the smoldering chords and riffs stretch into infinity, it's like the roar of an airplane taking off except it's singing to you - enveloping you. It's so harsh and abrasive but somehow warm and comforting. Then they somehow got the vocals to sound like they're whispering right in your ear among all the noisy chaos. It really is aesthetic perfection.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.