[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you boys review music, do you prefer to go song for song;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: lightskins.png (1MB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
lightskins.png
1MB, 1024x765px
When you boys review music, do you prefer to go song for song; like if the album has 10, you like 8 then the album is an 8/10

Or do you prefer to judge as a coherent overall piece, possibly if there's a conceptual theme giving it more weight over songforsong.

What do you do /mu/
>>
Who is this semen demon.
>>
>>69422911
Jayde Pierce
>>
>>69422911
a fluid druid.
>>
>>69422675
Kinda, though if I really like all the songs except one, it's still a 10/10 for me.
>>
>>69422675
depends on the type of album, if it's an album with a theme I'll take it into account, if it's an album where the songs are loosely tied together or not at all I just judge them individually
>>
File: 147924645364.png (270KB, 486x459px) Image search: [Google]
147924645364.png
270KB, 486x459px
>>69423666
>>69422675
>mfw I share my board with these people
Liking every song in an album doesn't make it a 10/10. you can like every song and it can still be a 6/10.
>>
>>69424626
>you can like every song and it can still be a 6/10.
Breaking news! A degenerate weeb fucks shit up literally every time!

More at 11.
>>
>>69424654
It all depends on how much you like them.
>>
I dont give it a number out of ten, that would be stupid
>>
>>69422675
hnng
>>
*hums earthmover*
>>
>>69425210
Why is /10 stupid?
>>
because it does absolutely nothing to review the music
>>
Judge it as a whole.
>>
>>69425850
It's only stupid if you just shit out a number, because people's scales can be different, and it does nothing to convey what you liked or what you didn't. With even a couple sentences detailing your thoughts, a score is fine, IMO. It's like a very thin summary, if that makes sense at all.
>>
I guess it would depend on the genre. A pop record that's more a collection of singles I'd view as the former, albums made to be cohesive I'd view the as latter.

Side thought but related, because of the latter I do think an album can be a 10/10 while still having flaws, in the same way that a flawed and non-perfect voice (think Jeff Mangum) can add emotion and heighten the quality of a track more than a technically perfect voice (which sometimes comes off as soulless). So in that sense I could probably have an album that I consider perfect even if I dislike a song, though I can't think of one like that.
>>
>>69422675
I just go based off the album cover. The better the cover the better the album.
>>
File: 1408360495775.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1408360495775.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>69426412
That's like saying you shouldn't have a title and only a large summary in the form of several paragraphs because titles don't properly convey your feelings.

A rating isn't meant to be an elaborate form of judgement
>>
>>69426522
>A rating isn't meant to be an elaborate form of judgement
No, but that's the first (and sometimes only) thing most people look at in a review.
>>
>>69426412
You rate things for yourself, not for others to see.
>>
>>69426522
a rating would be one thing but OP is asking about reviewing the music.

also a rating only carries much meaning when its in a collection of other records that have been rated.
>>
>>69424654
are you baiting or literally just fucking retarded?
>>
I don't review music. If I like something I keep listening to it and if I don't, I stop. Thats the extent of it.
>>
>>69427631
You sound like a fag dude.
>>
>>69427883
Nah
>>
>>69422911
she's jailbait
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.