[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radiohead is this generations Beatles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: (2000) Kid A.jpg (172KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
(2000) Kid A.jpg
172KB, 350x350px
I just thought of a lot of connections between the two groups.
Now I'm not comparing this in terms of quality, more in terms of impact/similarity in progression over the years.

>Both are pop artists from England
>Both started with a simple sound that is very influenced by that era (alt rock - Radiohead, Rock N Roll - The Beatles).
>Both had a transitional phase towards new genres (More Electronic Oriented with Kid A and The King of Limbs | More Psychedelic Rock oriented with Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour)
>Both artists *mostly* consisted of the same musicians
>Both artists changed their appearance as years went by to what was more trendy at the time
(Even both Paul and Thom grew their hair long towards the latter end of their careers)
>Both artists most of their discography is celebrated, with exceptions, which are disregarded by many fans (both debuts - Please Please Me and Pablo Honey, Let it Be (which was recorded before Abbey Road and The King of Limbs).
>Both were from the most popular bands of their eras
>Both have a relatively close male-female ratio of fan base.
I think with the enormous (and some might say overrated) following of both groups in their times, you can see a lot of similarities.

So now comes the ultimate question, will Radiohead be remembered/celebrated in 30~40 years the same way The Beatles are now?

I like a few albums, I'm not a big fan, but I think this is a point worth of discussion.
>>
>inb4 Scraffi copypasta
>>
theyre fucking the u2 of this generation they even sound like them
>>
>>69421652
/thread
>>
File: fantano3.jpg (34KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
fantano3.jpg
34KB, 800x530px
>a U2 cover band
>this generation's Beatles
>implying
>>
>Radiohead is this generations Beatles

no
*drops mic*
>>
>>69421652
I would have said Coldplay was the modern U2.
>>
Please Please Me is better than With the Beatles. The King of Limbs is great. The Beatles had A LOT more impac than Radiohead had/has.
>>
>>69421695
coldplay and radiohead are pretty much the same thing
>>
>>69421744
Coldplay never had a cool alternative rock period like Radiohead. Pablo Honey and The Bends are severely underrated on this board because of the "guitar music is gay" meme.
>>
>>69421696
This is a statement you can't say now, you need to compare both of them way after their peaks.
Nobody knew The Beatles would be so celebrated back in 1965, ofc they were enormous in popularity, but it's only in retrospective you can understand their magnitude.
>>
>>69421770
This
>>
>>69421492
sorry but animal collective is this generations beatles
>>
You say that now, but give it a few months, it'll be these guys.
>>
>>69423481
not sure if delusional or memeing.
Go ask your distant facebook friends if they know who anco are, and who Radiohead are.
>>
>>69421492
>Beatles: 10 years active.
>Radiohead: Let's say 25 years active

The Beatles were great because the music was refreshing. Radiohead has the bad luck that are active in a rap / RNB and all that kinds of stuff era, so their music is more on the background.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.