[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Are you looking to make music a career? Why or why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1476643468730.jpg (1MB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1476643468730.jpg
1MB, 1280x2880px
Are you looking to make music a career? Why or why not?
>>
no
I'm more in the visual arts field
(yea I'll make the burgers look good for you)
>>
No
Rather box.
>>
>>69420409
No, firstly because I haven't been studying how to play many instruments from the moment I came out of the womb like most great musicians did, so it won't feel natural to me. Secondly because I already dropped out of band class because I couldn't ever remember when my practice days and periods were, so I already wouldn't be accepted by a decent school for music if I tried. Thirdly because I know I would never make it big enough for it to become a serious job for me. I would absolutely love becoming a musician and I feel like if I saw that earlier then I would be on the path to becoming one, but it looks like it would simply be near impossible for me to at this point.
>>
>>69420471
>No, because it would be hard: the post
>>
>>69420526
If you don't start young you can't make a career as a musician and if you somehow do you won't be memorable
Starting to learn music at 20 basically guarantees you can't make a career out of it
>>
yes i cant do anything else
>>
>>69420566
And you can't make a career out of music either kid
>>
>>69420526
Not shitposting, you're right.
Thinking about it now, it wouldn't be impossible
Only downside to it is that I wouldn't have any school-wise credentials to show to people like producers.
>>
No, I'm trying to get into voiceover.
>>
Yes because I want Hyadain-senpai to notice me
>>
>>69420550
uh, no
it is harder but it's not impossible
I personally know examples of that
>>
>>69420609
cite them
>>
>>69420582
Not him, but why not?
>>
>>69420629
Every motherfucking dj from the top50
>>
File: image.jpg (257KB, 1900x1080px)
image.jpg
257KB, 1900x1080px
i'm trying to make it in med school so no
although i'm trying to get a small,mainly cover,band together to play locally,not expecting to get a lot of money out of it
>>
>>69420629
do you really think you have to be a world famous star to make a living?
I know small guys, who are often poorly dressed, playing cheap shows around south america
I know electronic music producers who make music for commercials and tv shows, while DJing 3 to 4 times a week
yes anon, the music world goes beyond the stuff pitchfork reviews
>>
>>69420653
Aren't most dj's dudes who started at like 14-18 tho
Also
>dj's
>musicians
>>
I just want to be locally known and established. Touring is really not for me and I don't really want the burdens of maintaining being a national act.
>>
>if I set my expectations low, I won't get bullied: the thread
>>
>>69420728
fucking this
>>
>>69420694
i asked you to cite things but instead you gave me anecdotal proof as to why you're right
i get what you're saying but you could at least try not to be condescending about it
also you started on the whole "you can still be successful if you start late" thing but it seems as if you've ditched that and gone on to "you can still be a musician if you don't get paid as much"
>>
File: Vereshchagin.jpg (33KB, 468x650px) Image search: [Google]
Vereshchagin.jpg
33KB, 468x650px
>>69420756
do you want me to give their fucking names? do you want to see pictures of the bands? do you want to check the tv sites to check the shows score? wanna see their payroll?
what do you want me to show you, exactly?
you can either believe me or keep making up excuses not to try to make music
>>
>>69420756
You have some wild misconceptions about the music industry if you think he was being condescending to you.
If you're making a living playing music, that's success. No one can cite specific examples to you, because the vast majority of musicians are anonymous outside of their circles.
>>
>>69420865
*specific examples whose names you would recognize, that is
>>
>>69420865
>yes anon, the music world goes beyond the stuff pitchfork reviews
that's what I was talking about.
>>69420861
sorry, I misunderstood you. forget what I said about citing artists, it was stupid of me to request that.
>>
>>69420550

Wes Montgomery started at 20
>>
>>69420409
I'm going for a degree in Music Education, does that count?
>>
>>69420994
Yes. That is a career in music.
>>
>>69420994
No, you're a hack. You're obviously terrible as a human being. Nobody should love you or treat you with any regard. Matter of fact, you're not even a human being what so ever. YOu have no feelings or emotions and if you do they don't matter. Of course, this should be expected.
>>
>>69421403
Rude.
>>
>>69421373
No, it's a career in education.
>>
>>69421555
>smoking weed with teenagers
>not a career in music
OK.
>>
>>69420471

there is such a thing as musical intelligence that exists regardless of the amount of time you've put into your craft. muscle memory is teachable, and not necessarily the most important thing in a creative field. the quality of your ear and ability to realize what you hear is more important.

you may not be able to be the next prog guitar player or beatmaker superstar, but if you have something to say you may be able to cut through the din.
>>
>>69421577
It's not, you're being sustained by the education system, not the music business.
>>
i guess im not really looking to make a career out of it if i do great but mostly just trying to get my music out there
>>
File: 1412439183400.jpg (54KB, 412x488px) Image search: [Google]
1412439183400.jpg
54KB, 412x488px
>>69420409
no, because i'm socially retarded
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.