[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Japanese special edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: gun.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>Japanese special edition
>>
File: itsthejapan.jpg (130KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
itsthejapan.jpg
130KB, 600x599px
>download an album
>the cover is in japan speak
>>
File: 1434677300592.jpg (14KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
1434677300592.jpg
14KB, 400x348px
>>69398540
>he doesnt want the OBI strip A E S T H E T I C
>>
>Japanese bonus track is best one on the album
>>
why do the japanese get all the special releases and bonus tracks

somebody explain this to me
>>
>>69398639
explain to me to
are musicians filthy weebs?
>>
>>69397617
Iktf
>>
>>69398590
why would you want to partially blind le king man?
>>
>>69398639
I'm joining this anon
Can someone explain to me why do the japs get all the good? Mostly with 70s prog rock and krautrock albums.
>>
File: 5p0aj9.png (425KB, 793x571px) Image search: [Google]
5p0aj9.png
425KB, 793x571px
>imports japanese cd's
>opens them
>>
>>69398639
Physical music sales are never great in Japan, so they try to give them incentives so they don't buy digital and they get a physical copy
>>
>>69398718
I remember Random Access Memories had a couple bonus tracks in Japan as well.
>>
>>69398734
why do they even keep trying then?
>>
"Imported CDs are cheaper to purchase in Japan than domestic ones. These bonus tracks are placed on the Japanese versions as an incentive for locals to buy the domestic albums as opposed to sending money overseas for imports of the original album."
>>
>>69398751
Beats me. Probably just trying to get them to spend mucho dinero
>>
>>69398639
I heard that it's as it would be cheaper for people to import physical copies from abroad cause of some set price or tax or something in Japan, so the bonus tracks are to incentivize people to buy the more expensive versions in japan
>>
>>69398765
But why would the band care? They make the same amount of money either way right?
That and I doubt the band actually wants to record another song so it's probably a scrapped song they put on there.
>>
>>69398623
R.A.M.
>>
>>69398795
Record labels handle all that shit. The band usually just makes the music and let's it free to them.
>>
>>69398795
Bands can't just go to Japan and sell their albums printed in other countries. Japan has laws set up so that you can only sell albums from Japanese record labels. Because of that, most artists that tour Japan will have a partner label that prints a Japanese version so that they can sell the album while touring in Japan. Understanding that record collector fans will buy alternate versions of records to complete their collections, artists will often have an unreleased track, remix, or alternate version of songs and artwork to make it worthwhile for the collector to spend money on the import.
>>
File: Moametal desu.jpg (56KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
Moametal desu.jpg
56KB, 600x706px
>>69398734
You're memeing right?

Japan's music industry and other physical media is still doing very well. People still buy physical media like it's a normal thing a part of life. Even DVD and Bluray concerts are a major thing, because they fucking buy it and you know what else? They are expensive as shit compared to the US. The world is jealous of them.
>>69398639
>>69398718
>>
>>69398695
That's why he's screaming
>>
>>69399222
>...looking at it
>to see if I still liked it
>I DID
>>
>>69398540
that's the best version
>>
>Japanese bonus track
>on a concept album
>>
File: GnR + Babymetal.jpg (520KB, 1570x2048px) Image search: [Google]
GnR + Babymetal.jpg
520KB, 1570x2048px
>>69399201
>didn't even mean to post that pic

But while we're at it, they just released like their tenth(?) live concert blu-ray in Japan and it sold over 50,000(#1 charted) in the first week for $60.

This doesn't even include the fan-club limited edition for $200 that sold out beforehand, probably at least another 20,000.
>>
>>69399809
Why do weebs love western music so much?
>>
>>69400035
>weebs
Are you talking about Japanese people? Because they are probably less interested than any other country outside maybe Korea. They both have self-sustaining industries and a wealth of artists and acts that dominate their countries. The biggest US stars are also well known in Japan and sell out domes but the biggest stars are their own.

Another funny thing, Babymetal is opening for GnR at domes holding around 25-35,000 people yet they just sold out back to back nights at Tokyo Dome 2 months ago with no supporting act, 110,000 tickets.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.