[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MF DOOM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MF DOOM.jpg (356KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MF DOOM.jpg
356KB, 1000x1000px
So I've been listening to a lot of MF DOOM, got through his entire library and become a pretty big fan, yet I know very little about him and no one I know has even heard of him or his music. What's the general consensus on him and his music? Any background information on him?

Otherwise, MF DOOM thread.
>>
>>69397303
>background information
He use to be in a rap group called KMD, then his twin brother got hit by a car and their record label fired them. That fucked him up and he was homeless for several years until he came up with the 'DOOM' persona and released 'Operation Doomsday'

Also I think he's currently married with several kids.

>General consensus.
Most people love him on here. My personal thoughts;

Operation Doomsday was alright but doesn't really hold up to his other works.

Take Me To Your Leader (as King Geedorah) is one of his best, has a lot of great guess verses and fantastic production.

Viktor Vaughn I liked but a few of the more 'experimental' beats didn't click with me as much.

MM FOOD and Madvillainy are both masterpieces.

Dangerdoom is a lot more poppy compared to his other stuff, but I still enjoy it.

Born Like This has some great stuff but is mostly forgettable.

and JJ Doom was alright.
>>
>>69397405
Perfect post, thanks anon. Got more to listen too now.
>>
>>69397498
No problem. What have you listened to so far?
>>
>>69397498
this is a discography for MF DOOM, some of these are just other artists rapping over MF DOOM's beats (see special herbs) but a lot of is DOOM

http://ww1.realmofmetal.org/2016/09/mf-doom-discography-1990-2016_8.html
>>
>>69397524
Everything on Spotify under MF DOOM a few times through, and MM..Food? and Operation Doomsday practically on repeat during my daily life.

Listening to Madvillainy now.
>>
the best thing about him is the fact that he's not another stereotypical thug nigger who raps about how much of a gangster he is and how many bitches he had fucked and how much people he had killed etc
and thats pretty cool
>>
>>69397658
>Edgy suburban white kid
Kill yourself fag.
>>
Black Bastards, Take Me to Your Leader, Operation Doomsday, Vaudeville Villain and Born Like This are my top 5 Doom related projects. I got a pretty nice Special Herbs mix put together too for some easy listening.
>>
>>69397981
upload it dog
>>
>>69397877
Cuck detected

>>69397658
It may not make sense but his lyrics are my favorite part about him even if they aren't there for any deeper meaning but just sound great. That and he has the greatest flow in rap
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.