[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate these albums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: a.jpg (24KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
24KB, 400x200px
Why do people hate these albums?
>>
>>69390204
Because they weren't as good as prior albums and were a little too glossy and engineered, I think, plus some members being douche bags who wanted to sue everyone and who treated their bassist like absolute shit like it was his fault the prior one died. I think all that culminated in a lot of negative press and fan sentiment on top of mediocre albums, which caused a disproportionate hate for the albums themselves.

Load was decent, reload has a few decent songs. By reload it was clear the direction they were heading in wasn't very good.
>>
>>69390204
Because its all about trying to be hip on the verge of stoner rock trend
>>
File: Load and Reload.png (84KB, 448x384px) Image search: [Google]
Load and Reload.png
84KB, 448x384px
>>69390204
These albums have a lot of trash, they have a lot of gems too. I've made a compilation of the best tracks from this albums.
>>
Too RAWK, not enough metal, for a lot of fans. But everyone has different reasons, really. Personally, I love Load, criminally underrated. Reload is also great, but not as good.

>>69390604
ReLoad has a lot of leftover songs from those recording sessions, that's why it doesn't sound as good as Load.

>>69390698
Can't tell if you're being serious or are just plain stupid, but I can tell you that that's not what they were doing or going for at all.
>>
>>69390753
Low Man's Song was great, but rejected by metal fans for not really being a metal song. King nothing is lame. Other than that I agree with some of your list.
>>
>>69390753
where's bleeding me
>>
guyliner
>>
>>69390753
>The Memory Remains
>no Until It Sleeps
>no Bleeding Me
>no Poor Twisted Me
>no Thorn Within
>no The Outlaw Torn
>no Devil's Dance
>no Better Than You
>no Slither
>no Carpe Diem Baby
>no Bad Seed
>no Attitude
fuckin wew
>>
>>69390793
And yet they followed Load's mixed reception up with an album full of filler from the cutting room floor.
>>
>>69390878
The Memory Remains is a Metalica song loved by many....
also there is Thron Within, lrn2read
>>
>>69390834
>Low Man's Song
wat
Low Man's Lyric sucks if I'm being honest, and I love both of these albums. That song was just never interesting at all to me, and it's too long for what it is. Not him btw
>>
>>69390204
Because their fanbase was made up of thrash fans, so when they literally paid money for a thrash album and instead got a sub-par alt rock album they get mad.
>>
>>69390891
My bad m8
The Memory Remains is a good song (sick riff, really) but I just never liked the FORTUNE FAME chorus, and those "female" vocals are so fucking annoying I swear.
To be honest, I'm so glad they went with Fuel as the opener and not this song.
>>
>>69390888
Because Metallica fans will literally eat up any shit they throw at them, because they're Metallica. They're a fucking musical force.
Fun fact, every Metallica album since s/t has hit number one in the U.S., including both Load and Reload, and even St. Anger.
>>
>>69390909
What sucks about the lyrics? It was an interesting diversion from their usual sound and the lyrics have some good turn of phrase, unlike say, King Nothing, which is St. Anger tier cheese.

I understand Thrash fans not liking it because it doesn't connect with them, but that doesn't make it BAD.
>>
>>69390942
Fuel really is pretty good. I like the weirdness of Memory Remains, though.
>>
>>69390995
Damn that is sad.
>>
>>69390204
I always wondered how come Metallica is still considered one of Big Four of Thrash.
Cause you know, not much thrash out there since the late 80s
>>
>>69390753
>>69390878

Load EP (1995)

The Outlaw Torn
Fixxxer
Wasting My Hate
The House Jack Built
Bleeding Me

Reload (1996)

King Nothing
Fuel
Ronnie
The Unforgiven II
Hero of the Day
Attitude
Until It Sleeps
Cure
2x4
Carpe Diem Baby
Mama Said
Low Man's Lyric
Devil's Dance
Poor Twisted Me

Does no one else remember this?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.