[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s honest opinion on this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: MI0003696246.jpg (12KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
MI0003696246.jpg
12KB, 400x225px
What's /mu/'s honest opinion on this guy?
>>
Solo stuff is not good, Pink Floyd stuff was great
>>
>>69387883
>Solo stuff is not good
hello pleb
>>
I like his music but as someone diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, I'd like for people to stop romanticizing his illness
>>
>>69387947
oh, i'm sorry about that, anon.
>>
>>69387827
Made decent stuff. Like Kevin Ayers he pretentiously kept it to himself though.
>>
>>69387947
there's definitely a minority of people who are not callous enough for that, but all in all Syd was a genius
>>
>>69387977
It's okay, many people simply don't really know the severity of mental illness and think that Syd was just a really cool guy who burned out on acid. Like many other people with similar illnesses he had his lucid moments and made lots of good music
>>
>>69388033
I wouldn't say he was a genius. He was a great artist and was arguably the best thing to come out of the swinging London scene. Definitely not a genius though
>>
>>69387947
Why, is that what he had?
>>
>>69387947
How does this affect you? Seems to me like you really wanted some (you)s.
>>
>>69388099
you want one too? here:
>>
>>69387947
You sure are special and authentic with your REAL illness.
>>
>>69388112
thanks pal
>>
Genius. Too bad he went insane before he could make real stuff, I feel like Piper was just him warming up.
>>
>>69388084
He wasn't officially diagnosed by any professional and his sister claims he simply had aspergers but a lot of anecdotes from people around him points to schizophrenia
>>69388099
It doesn't really but when a significant amount of people do romanticize a mental illness it gets really irritating and people like >>69388119 come out of the woodworks
>>
>>69388147
Hello! >>69388119 here. youre such an insufferable fucking faggot holy shit. I'm saying you're a massive snowflake cunt for pointing out le hehe I'm a REAL schizo stop talking about it you don't have the RIGHT!

Not romanticizing anything just pointing out you're kind of a faggot.
>>
File: Sydbarrett-madcaplaughs.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sydbarrett-madcaplaughs.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
Rate?
>>
He was an absolute genius. The Madcap Laughs is by far the best solo album from any Floyd member and one of my favorite albums period. Pretty much everything he did I love.
>>
>>69388452
6/10

Treads between genuinely good psych pop and just half assed shit
>>
>>69388452
Feel hits me so deep in the feels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjIHFTVE2EA
>>
>>69388452
good

his next solo was more unhinged
>>
>>69388452
11/10 but I can see why some people don't like it. Admittedly being a fan of Alex Chilton's solo music primed me for this sort of really ramshackle, completely loose sounding stuff.
>>
File: Syd712.jpg (31KB, 363x600px) Image search: [Google]
Syd712.jpg
31KB, 363x600px
Q T
T
>>
>>69388472
The 'half assed shit' was a Roger Waters sabotage, it's no coincidence Ummagumma came out within a couple weeks of Madcap, and Roger was mainly responsible for leaving all the outtake stuff on the album.
Pink Floyd wanted Syd to fail, it would of undermined the fact that they fired him
>>
>>69388497
>I can see why some people don't like it.

Is this the biggest meme reasoning/anti opinion on earth?
>>
>>69388510
Ironically it's the half assed shit that's made this album legendary and made its more polished follow up more obscure.
There's a real odd charm about a song like Here I Go. It's so crude and rough yet completely unpretentious and lovely.
>>
>>69388510
I thought David Gilmour helped him make Madcap
>>
hell be fine
>>
>>69388452
8/10 would be at least 9 if not FOR THE FUCKING FALSE STARTS THAT THEY KEPT FOR NO REASON FUCK YOU DAVE AND ROGER HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL
>>
>>69388452
The end of truth, that lay out the time
Spent lazing here on painting green
A mile and more in a foreign climb
To see farther inside of me
>>
>>69388540
No it means I'm able to not be an autist and understand that rough, first take, largely acoustic music by a mentally unraveling person isn't exactly many people's cup of tea. I personally find a lot of charm and talent in it where some people would find complete gibberish.
It's all subjective anyways fuck off.
>>
>>69388554
Madcap was produced by Gilmour+Waters
>>
>>69388601
no, its literally meme reasoning in 2016

It implies its shitty and you know it no such thing as music that "isn't for everyone"
>>
>>69388652
All music is music that "isn't for everyone" if you think about it. Learn to step outside of yourself every now and then and listen to differing opinions. You may learn something every now and then.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
You feel me,
Away far too empty oh so alone,
I want to go home,
Oh find me inside of a nocturne the blonde,
How I love you to be by my side they wail,
The crab on her side,
She straggled a bridge by the water
>>
>>69388686
If it follows basic music theory its for everyone, music is universal you dumb underage faggot

Bet you also think anco isn't for everyone, not because they just purposefully ignore what makes music enjoyable but because they are just too special

Point is youre a newfag
>>
>>69387827

more overrated than the beatles
>>
>>69388713
Learn to hold a conversation without constantly using words like "meme", "newfag" and "underaged" and maybe you'll eventually be taken seriously
Bye
>>
>>69388749
I'm sure you've established you are le mature intellectual in your analysis by choosing to look down on commonly used slang on a site
>>
>>69388713
>music is universal
empirically wrong
>>
in the clock they sent through
a washing machine
come around make it soon
so alone
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.