[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why this album isnt a total meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Stgstv.png (830KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Stgstv.png
830KB, 600x600px
Total memecore.

Its literally a baby learning how to walk in album form. A Few redeeming songs at best
>>
It might be something like that thematically, but it has good songwriting and is somewhat proggy at some points, so, in regards to rock/popular music, it isn't much like how you described

Also, calling something a meme is a hack criticism
>>
>>69387857
you got shut down in one post OP
>>
>>69387857
It got you to post, and cmon you know how this works.

I dont mean themmatically, but rather when viewed against the albums that come after, its rather unrefined and the experimentation feels childish and forced.
>>
anything named after a quote from magoo's christmas carol is worthwhile

razzleberry dressing? forget about it
>>
>>69387798
>a baby learning how to walk in album form

Thats beautiful
>>
>>69387994
well Avey was just a kid when he made it

And it isn't all that experimental besides the noise, in my opinion. I mean the noise ins't really the forefront of the record, the songwriting is. And experimentation isn't the be all end all of quality either.

So in terms of trying to experiment, maybe Avey was still figuring it out, but in terms of pretty much everything else, I think he had a good idea of what he was doing
>>
>>69387798
Anco is for teenagers that think they are music savvy but are not

This album is mostly just pretended to be liked by teens that dont know better
>>
>>69388064
Thats my point, and i understand that. They get better at all that stuff as they progress.

And yet this album is the most lauded around here, atleast it feels like it, i dont understand it.
>>
>>69388208
It's lauded because it's good beyond the experimentation. Things don't have to be experimental to be good.

It's not my favorite btw, my favorite anco record is Campfire Songs
>>
>>69388160
Why do you feel that way? And what would you consider to be music for adults?
>>
File: 1384477924064.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1384477924064.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
whatchu know bout electro-acoustical equipment boi
>>
>>69387798
probably one of the greatest albums ever. probably tylo be chillin.
>>
File: 1409002122598.png (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409002122598.png
32KB, 500x500px
Fuck avey tare
>>
>>69388251
The experimentation/noise nearly ruins it. It is decent in spite of the experimentation.
>>
>>69388351
Avey Tare is actually my favorite part of animal collective and I attribute most of their greatness to him
>>
File: 1465366804963.gif (133KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1465366804963.gif
133KB, 497x501px
>listning to STGSTV on lsd
>>
>>69388160
When I saw AnCo this spring the 21+ venue was packed
>>
>>69388303
As much as I love pretty much every AnCo album I really wish I could have been around in the HCTI days when they were doing their Black Dice/Boredoms type thing
Shit must have been insane to see
>>
>>69388634
There's a bootleg of a show from that era in the AnCo mega folder

They play everything from HCTI except for Hey Light and Panic, and they also play Ice Cream Factory
>>
>>69388584
If you haven't listened to HCTI (specifically Infant Dressing Table) on acid you haven't lived
>>
>>69388044
You know what's good
>>
is this a new pasta
>>
>>69387798
>Its literally a baby learning how to walk in album form.
You say this like it's a bad thing? I'd say this is probably somewhat close to what they were going for.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.