[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this their only good album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

Is this their only good album?
>>
holy fuck pleb

this album is barely in their top 5
>>
File: 562.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>69378538
>What is Red
>>
Red, Islands (underrated), Lizard, Discipline all are on the same level
>>
>>69378538
Their whole discography is decent at least. But every album they made before the 80s are god-tier.
>>
>>69378629
You forgot Wake of Poseidon, also Lizard is no where as good as Red, Islands, and Discipline.
>>
>>69378960
>You forgot Wake of Poseidon, also Lizard is no where as good as Red, Islands, and Discipline.

Wizard is so average
Same formula without memorable average
>>
>>69379040
melodies*
>>
>>69378538
kys
>>
No but it's their only essential album desu unless you have a perticular interest in King Crimson, Robert Fripp or prog.
>>
Why not try listening to their others to find out? They have a lot of albums, they didn't just quit making music after their first one.
>>
Holy shit no. All their albums are good.
>>
>nobody mentioning larks tongues

What the fuck guys?
>>
Red is extremely overrated and I still don't get it. Larks' Tongues will probably always be my favorite. Lizard is fun. Robert Fripp is an enormous cunt and without Belew or Bruford, his best work is behind him.
>>
>>69379597
>red is extremely overrated

No, it's not
>>
80's Crimson>=70's>60's>90's>00's
>>
>>69379660
>cloying RPJ lyrics
>Title track like watered down Larks'
>Providence is a live-tape thrown in for filler

I just don't get it.
>>
>>69379701
by 70's I mean Larks onward and 60's I mean up to and including islands

dates aren't weren't what I remembered after looking them up
>>
>>69379597
>Without Belew

But most of their stuff with Belew is shit. He joined in the 80's when they started to suck.
>>
>>69379592
seriously tho
Larks>Red>Court>Islands
>>
>>69378538
It's the only one I like. Same for ELP.
>>
King Crimson are the most consistently good prog rock band
>>
>>69379814
They're one of the only more traditional anglo prog bands I can really get into to be honest. Them, Van der Graaf Generator and a few others are the only ones that stick out. I absolutely love the Canterbury scene though, and here and there a Genesis song I'll like. More world music influenced prog is what I usually like when I listen to prog.
>>
>>69379791
I enjoy Discipline and ProjeKcts tapes. But that he called any of this material "King Crimson" is kind of proof to me that Fripp is a narcissistic faggot.

Considering his guitar skills and choice of company he kept in his younger years, it's safe to say he's a lucky motherfucker and seems to not realize this.
>>
>>69379791
>when they started to suck

I noticed your opinion is wrong, you might want to look into that
>>
>>69379873
King Crimson is a way of doing things. Fripp formed a band called Discipline in the 80s and it consisted of Belew, Levin, Bruford, and of course Mr. Fripp himself. After writing several songs and playing several gigs, Tony Levin suggested they call the band King Crimson. Robert Fripp agreed because he saw the work methods in this current band suitable and fitting of the King Crimson name.
>>
>>69379950
exactly a lot of great bands are like this, Talking Heads for instance, which Belew and Fripp were both involved with
>>
>>69379866
I absolutely love KC and VdGG and I love world music.
Would you rec me some gems?
>>
i dont underStand, how does it work?
>>
File: kingcrimson-powertobelieve.jpg (91KB, 498x466px) Image search: [Google]
kingcrimson-powertobelieve.jpg
91KB, 498x466px
I really like pic related
>>
>>69380188
Criminally underrated. Some seriously great stuff on there.
>>
File: inside is sour.png (1MB, 1468x672px) Image search: [Google]
inside is sour.png
1MB, 1468x672px
>>69378538
>mfw wind instruments and guitar pandemonium on 21st Century Schizoid Man
>>
File: king-crimson-1969.jpg (279KB, 1391x1402px) Image search: [Google]
king-crimson-1969.jpg
279KB, 1391x1402px
I love every KC album from Court to Red.

I liked the 80s trio too, but nowhere as much as I enjoyed the ones before.

Have not listened to enough of the 90s/00s content to fairly judge
>>
lizard>discipline>>>>>>>>>>>>ITWOP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest
>>
>>69380572
Contrarian tomfoolery
>>
>>69380091
I'm a bit rusty, I've actually been getting back into after getting into more post-punk, but some of this might be in line with what you want. Some of this is fairly popular not sure what you may have already heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d90EasJzHsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9WhjadcAlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVXwHX7t8Cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5b0pJTezoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuImkmDCDME
>>
>>69378538
Educate me lads, what's so great about Discipline? I couldn't really get into it
>>
>>69380620
nope, I'm being serious, the rest of the albums are pure wank
>>
>>69380636
not everyone's into BDSM, don't worry
>>
>>69378538
nah it's fourth best
>>
>>69380636
desu their live stuff in the 80's was far better than the studio recordings
>>
>>69380623
In general I've found that as one would expect prog bands from different countries take influence from their own cultural music, additionally prog bands from the Continent (in particular France, Germany, and Italy) have influences from other areas like the Middle East, the Far East, Sub-Saharan Africa, etc in ways most british bands don't. Some sub-genres consisting of mostly foreign, world-influenced prog would be krautrock (germany), rock progressivo italiano, french progressive rock, Canterbury scene (english and french styles), Rock in Opposition (a lot of bands from all over Europe)
>>
Starless and Bible Black is patrician's choice.
>>
>>69380765
honestly this. Sailor's Tale, Great Deceiver and Fracture are all GOAT
>>
>>69380623
Also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUg6keKtJc4 is a little better example of Area than the other one
>>
>>69380786
>Sailor's Tale
That's on Islands
>>
>>69378538
No
Blue, Yellow and Construkction of light were their only not-absolutely-amazing albums
>>
>>69380913
I disagree. Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair were both amazing if you ask me
>>
>God Tier:
Lizard, Discipline

>Great Tier
Red, Power to Believe, ConstruKction of Light

>Good Tier:
Larks tongue, ITCOCK, Islands

>Okay Tear:
Thrak, Wake of poseidon, Three of a perfect pair.

>Waste of your time:
The rest

>Unique Garbage:
Great deceiver
>>
>>69381186
>thrak and itwop below itcock and lark
fucking hang yourself blep
>>
>>69378538
Fuck off.
>>69378554
Stop.
>>69381186
Edgy.
>>
>>69381471
>associating your opinions with grimes at all
>thinking anyone will take you seriously
shut the fuck up you stupid faggot
>>
>>69379592
this
>>
File: 1160438.jpg (106KB, 706x700px) Image search: [Google]
1160438.jpg
106KB, 706x700px
>>69381593
Are you really this triggered right now?
>>
Red by Taylor Swift > Red by King Crimson

;)
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.