[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is electronic music real music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Skrillex_press_shot_spin.jpg (35KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
Skrillex_press_shot_spin.jpg
35KB, 660x400px
Is electronic music real music?
>>
music isn't real
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (270KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
270KB, 500x500px
This is not music.
>>
>>69375891
>How Can Music Be Real If Our Ears Aren't Real?
what did he mean by this?
really makes me think
>>
>>69375862
nope
>>
File: 1478905402157.jpg (23KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1478905402157.jpg
23KB, 480x336px
>>69375891
this desu, if music was real why would we be born with ears? think about it
>>
>electronic
>>
>>69375896
it sounds good whatever it is
>>
Is Skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep?
>>
The fact that so many /mu/tants still use the term ''electronic music'' only tells you how far /mu/ still is from becoming a serious music board. Europeans have long recognized that their is no similarity between all the genres lumped together except for the plug attached to some of the instruments yet /mu/ still persists. Good music boards rank the highly different genres and their subgenres yet /mu/ still calls them all elelctronic. /mu/ is still blinded by rockism: it all ''sounds the same'' and the instruments have plugs (not true, by the way), therefore it must all be the same genre. Europeans grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past, other boards grow up listening to a lot of ''electronically produced'' music of the past. /mu/tants are often totally ignorant of the ''electronically produced'' music of the past or anything past rock, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that ''electronic'' is a genre.

Musique concrete
EAI / Onkyo
Turntable / tape music
Electronic rock crossover
Ambient
Hip hop
Dub
Downtempo / Chillout
Chillwave / Vaporwave / Internet genres
Techno and many subs
House and many subs
UK Garage and many subs
Trance and many subs
Breaks and many subs
EDM
Drone
Noise
Industrial
EBM
Synthpop
>>
>>69377043
Fuck you, you copy and pasted this shit and hijacked my thread yesterday.
>>
>>69377199
Stop making shit threads then.
>>
>>69377233
Wasn't shit till you came in.
>>
>>69377233
i support u. fuck shitty rockist threads
>>
>>69377282
yeah it really was pardner
>>
>Aphex Twin
>Autechre
>Boards Of Canada
>Flying Lotus
>Pretty Lights
>Venetian Snares
>Ryoji Ikeda
>Anything on Warp Records
>>
>>69377282
it was shit from the op
>>
>>69375862
Anything is music. You could bang on rocks and call it music.
>>
>>69377396
i don't believe you post a vocaroo of you doing this
>>
>>69377043
Electronic is a genre, and so is Classical or Folk.
Everything you listed afterwards is a sub-genre of it.
>>
>>69377459
No it isn't.
>>
>>69377459
That's what I was trying to express yesterday to this person. They're stubborn, not worth your time.
>>
>>69377538
[citation needed]
>>
>>69375862
her hair is music
>>
>>69377459
Music is a genre.
>>
No.
>>
>>69377459
Is Swiched on Bach electronic or classical? Is symphonic metal a subgenre of folk or classical?
>>
>>69377459
Actually no, electronic is not a genre, dumbass. It's a method of production. Hip hop, some rock (synth-rock), electropop, etc etc... they're all part of electronic music.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.