[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums that changed your life thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

Albums that changed your life thread.
>>
all albums changed my life thread
>>
>>69366034
>being this new
>>
Loveless, obviously.
>>
File: 1480200604886.jpg (123KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480200604886.jpg
123KB, 641x600px
>>69366062
ok
>>
It's rare for me, sadly, but I have a few that I would say deserve the title.

Cry Baby because it was so unique and new to me. It really made me feel great listening to it. Underrated, but amazing debut album. I'd dare say it's a 10/10 for me. It's one of the few albums where I can listen to and like all of the songs, which rarely happens.

Madvillainy because of my ignorance. I saw it making rounds on /mu/, but thought that by the look of the album art and genre it would be some annoying douchey rap album. I gave it a chance.. Oh my God... What a fucking artist. THIS THIS RIGHT HERE is what rap music should be. Or hip hop whatever you wanna call it. Shame it's categorized under alternative hip hop. True poetry and art. "The rest is empty with no brain but the clever nerd. The best emcee with no chain ya ever heard."

Trilogy even though it's technically just three mixtapes glued together. I love the feeling of it.

The Marshall Mathers LP because of how just real and simple it is. Especially the song Marshall Mathers. Although I could do without the faggoty skits, especially the Ken Kaniff skit right after Marshall Mathers. Why... Idiot. Don't appreciate that his immaturity shines through the album. Would have been perfection otherwise.

Fallen, maybe. Maybe... Regardless of how you feel about Evanescence or their status, you KNOW this album. Everyone knows this album. Good nostalgic times.

Views because of how it made me feel and I could relate to the message and lyrics. It's great if you listen to it like an experience, but after that I don't think you can come back to it. My most played song from it is Hype, by far. Notice it says changed your life, not 10/10 perfection. For that it was great, but otherwise... Ehh...

IYRTITL, but it's a mixtape. Still it's just so cool to listen to and while it's not "inspirational" it's one of the few projects I can listen to fully and like all the songs which I think gives it the right to say it "changed my life"
>>
File: tlcw.jpg (87KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
tlcw.jpg
87KB, 608x608px
this didn't change my life, but i listened to it a lot when i was in a very dark time and i'd like to believe to an extent it gave me something to relate to.
>>
Listened to this for the first time while driving through some mountains, and it got me to start actively investing myself into music and shit.
>>
>Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Got me into music

>Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
The opposite of changing my life, but the one album that has stayed near or at the top of my favorites the longest out of any other musical work.

>Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Helped me accept myself despite always finding reasons to hate myself.

>Swans - Public Castration Is A Good Idea
Kept me off the verge of suicide when listened to at the highest volumes.

>Stockhausen - Gruppen/Carre
May/may not have helped me stave off my alcohol/drug addiction. Those were some weird times, and I only really remember listening attentively to these two pieces.

>Gorguts - Obscura
>Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
Convinced me to look for more challenging music with more subtleties.

>The original Dr. Who theme
Completely turned my opinion around on "electronic music" from dumb electro house shit to perhaps my favorite overall form of music.

>Beethoven's Symphony No. 9
>First two Pixies albums
>Move Your Body by Marshall Jefferson
Rarely ever fail to turn around a shitty mood into a happier one.
>>
Both of these albums were side projects from some of my favorite artists so once I started listening to these and found out how good they were I started looking for more side projects and more obscure music than what's always played on the radio
>>
File: cover.jpg (410KB, 1830x1815px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
410KB, 1830x1815px
I'm only posting one because I want to go to bed. This album helps me appreciate the little things that make life worth living and find joy in the world.

>>69367052
Jesus Christ you absolute piece of plebian trash.

>>69368599
Very respectable.
>>
>>69367052
Are you new here
>>
>NIN - The Downward Spiral
First heavier album I ever listened too. It was an integral part of me developing my tastes. Scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it. Now I am nostalgic as fuck every time I listen to it while simultaneously still enjoying it because I think its just a damn fine album

>Big Black - Atomizer
Found in my dad's cd collection, this album introduced me to noise rock and started my obsession with steve albini.

>Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
Basically got me through my existential crisis. Helped a lot to know I wasn't the only one who was feeling the way I felt.

>Converge - Jane Doe
This is one I can listen too whenever I feel stressed, upset, or angry. Somehow I feel like this album sounds like the inside of my head whenever I am frustrated. Listening to this after breakups, tests that didn't go well, and all sorts of other bullshit times has definitely been an important part of my life.

>Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
At a certain point this album felt like everything I wanted in life but couldn't have. Even when they are fucking with electronics and effects something about Animal Collective always has a very natural feeling in their music. There is a communal spirituality in this album that felt so lacking at that time, I just felt hollow and empty nd listening to these people letting go of their inhibitions of "cool", just whopping and hollering like madmen, I feel like I got some fulfillment vicariously through them. Honestly you could put any of their albums here form the 2000's and it would probably apply.

Pic related is my fav albums of all time. All of these have affected me powerfully in one way or another.
>>
File: topsters2 (63).png (497KB, 1064x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (63).png
497KB, 1064x1372px
about in order, I know its mostly mucore but its not really important too this kind of thing.
also id say the only one on here that "changed my life" was person pitch, it felt like it was made for me.

>james blake
led me to more actual uk garage, which led me to more bleeps
>druqks
first idm
not my favorite rdj album though
>person pitch
lead me to psych
>gas pop
introduced me too ambient
>bc2
introduced me to longer more repitive bleeps
>deceit
pretty good
>bitches brew
heard this in a time where i was tired with music, heard about this somewhere and put it on. Def one of the most refreshing and free albums I heard at the time. Led me to alot more jazz
>the usa
pretty good
>love is a stream
led me to more obscure droney ambient
not saying love is a stream is obscure though, not on this board
>beaches and canyons
didnt know an album could feel this free
>broadcast and the focus group
led me to sound collages and library music
>taking tiger mountain
pretty good album i suppsoe
>>
>>69370448

What's the album at the bottom left?
>>
>>69366034
what's the album left of pet sounds?
>>
>>69371090
Grouper - AIA: Alien Observer
>>
>>69370777
This guy saved this thread
>>
>>69371205

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92

>>69371233

Thanks.
>>
>>69371205
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85 - 92
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.