[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this forgotten so quickly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 1

File: AtrocityExhibition.jpg (154KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AtrocityExhibition.jpg
154KB, 1000x1000px
Why was this forgotten so quickly?
>>
>>69364031
he is no Frank Ocean
>>
>>69364031
it wasnt
>>
it wasnt
>>
Because it's just Death Grips-Lite.
>>
it wasn't
>>
>>69364114

Blonde was so disappointing.
>>
>>69364132
>>69364156
>>69364615
forget what you think you know
>>
>>69364563
Wrong
>>
>>69364563
true
and death grips is also shit
>>
was it really doe
>>
>>69364031
Sometimes you can try hard and still not matter in the end.

Props to him for trying something a little different, but it doesn't really work all that well and ultimately is rapping didn't switch up even a tenth as much as the production. If doing different things was all it took then Speeding Bullet would be everyone's favorite album of the decade.
>>
Because hip-hop ages like milk. This is why every new album with hype (e.g., TPaB) is declared the genre's masterpiece, while older albums are only talked about as points of reference.
>>
>>69365076

>older albums are only talked about as points of reference.

the majority of hip-hop fans consider the late 80s to mid 90s to be the golden age of hip-hop, even to this day.
>>
It was a good album for October. Saw him live kind of made me appreciate it more, but yeah I don't listen to it anymore. Really Doe and Downward Spiral once in a while.
>>
>>69364031
It wasn't poppy enough.
>>
>>69365161
his openers were pretty shit honestly but yeah once danny got on stage things got really fun, where'd you see him?
>>
I liked the album overall, but some of the lyrics are annoying as fuck, especially on really doe.

>Second grade, took my mama weddin' ring, >took that bitch to show-and-tell
>now I'm married to the game
>to no avail
>Grounded me for like a month
>now I'm gettin' high as fuck
>Employer tryna write me up
>but now I'm a writer
>With ambitions of a rider
>and half the shit on my rider I don't even want
>the Fanta's for us, the Henny's for the sluts
I hate this entire part.
>>
>>69365246
honestly, what was the last ab soul feature that wasnt shit?
>>
>>69364031
It's not very good
>>
>>69365106
The problem is that modern Hip-Hop is usually of the highest production quality on the day of release. Anything that's either pushing the envelope of production or enjoying the highest level of sheen is going to show it's age a year later. This is how the 80s went for rock.

In the 80s HipHop was cheaply made and so as long as there wasn't too great of a focus on synthesizers they carry a sound of authenticity (compare RunDMC's forgettable synth heavy debut to their more sample and scratch focused follow up). The most highly regarded 90s albums were Wu-Tang (certainly made on a budget), Nas and JayZ's gritty debuts (as opposed to their sheeny folllow ups) and Outkast who weren't following any production trends at all.

If you aren't setting or following a production trend, you won't sounds dated. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>69364031
It was pretty forgettable
>>
can someone explain to me the appeal of these "alt hiphop" groups

they're all very bad imo
>>
It was good but I'm not sure if it's memorable

Also why the fuck it got like 3.90 on RYM. Fucking fags.
>>
>>69364976

/thread
>>
>>69365421
>If you aren't setting or following a production trend,
So if you sound like nothing else out at the time, nor like anything afterward? None of the albums you listed really fit that qualification
>>
>>69365467
Danny brown isn't a group you dingus
>>
>>69365558
ok.
>>
>>69364031
can't remember a single song honestly
>>
>>69365550
It's not about the music, it's about the studio work. Illmatic and Liquid Swords don't sound anything like Will Smith's high budget pop music and so only Will Smith sounds dated. Obviously people were influenced by Raising Hell but that doesn't mean any studio engineers studied it and took notes.
>>
>>69365304
smoke again on acid rain
>>
>>69364563
>>69365036
>>69365335
>>69365438
>>69365620
>/mu/ doesn't like this album now
at least now i'll get called a p4kdrone instead of a mudrone in aoty threads i guess
>>
>>69364775
Yes, in the sense that it wasn't at all what any one was expecting.
No, in that the album has actually grown on me a lot since release and it's actually really good.
>>
>>69364563
it's nothing like death grips what
>>
>>69365722
Nah they just dealing with the hang over of now knowing nothing will ever match the first time hearing Ain't It Funny.
>>
Not enough dick jokes
>>
>>69365777
Verbal couture
Parkour
With the metaphors
The flow house of horror
Dead bolted with metal doors
Grinch bitch
Six sense
With a nose drip
Mind skydive
Sniffing bumps
In the cockpit
Locksmith of Hip Hop
Appraisal the wrist watch

Waste of trips
>>
>>69365953
>listening to danny brown for his lyrics.
>>
>>69366052
>Listening to rap for its barely touched samples of classic rock

If you liked Downward Spiral, you objectively liked Marshal Mathers LP 2 because this entire album is just Rhyme or Reason again and again and again.

If you listen to hip hop for the beats, you have infinitely better options than Danny Brown.
>>
>>69366164
lmao there's a reason warped picked up danny, fuck off with your eminem bullshit. maybe if you're talking about xxx's beats and to an extent old, but atrocity exhibition sounds like nothing else
>>
>>69366211
It really doesn't, jagoff. It sounds like a Detroit rapper ripping off the most famous Detroit rapper's newest album. Danny Brown isn't some fringe shit, he's just as much of a manufactured product as punk rock and grunge and every other rebel genre. And he's ripping off Eminem. And Eminem did it better. And it still sucked when Eminem did it.
>>
>>69366164
>If you listen to hip hop for the beats, you have infinitely better options than Danny Brown.
yeah dude like:
>>
>>69365692
that's actually my least favorite part of that whole album
>>
I love tell me what I don't know. It's like a hardcore song.
>>
>>69366283
eminem's song is literally just an edgy rap about his dad and other shit on top of the main melody of time of the season, shit sounds like he straight up wrote it over the instrumental. danny's samples on this album are 1000x more interesting than time of the season and his rapping style fits the schizophrenic beats way better than eminem's edgy irrelevant rapping does over a fucking sunshine pop song
>>
>>69366367
His entire album sounds like that, Rhyme or Reason is just the most overt example because he barely changes the sample. The entire project did the "distort classic rock into dark beats" thing. Danny Brown is not an innovator and neither was Eminem when he did it. You listen to pop music, kid. You just listen to the "cool" pop music like when hipster high schoolers around 2010 would listen to "real music" like Mumford & Sons.
>>
>>69366579
what do you even know about what i listen to anyone man? i have 0 issues being a fan of pop music and rap that doesn't innovate anyway because i'm not an insecure poofball of pretentiousness who wastes all his time on /mu/.
>>
XXX was better
>>
>>69366703
That's demonstrably untrue based on the fact that you are in this thread blowing a gasket because somebody is insinuating that music made primarily for teens isn't breaking any ground.
>>
hip hop was the most interesting thing happening but now its vaporwave
>>
>>69364031
Nigga it's high up on multiple AOTY lists that have already been out and still gets a lot of love.
>>
>>69365246
Yeah that verse is fucking garbo. The last 4 lines were particularly awful.

Also the hook is so meaningless.
>>
>>69366732
Way too many features on the last half imo
>>
>>69365722
Probably an Antoinedrone acually
>>
Apparently it's about drugs
>>
>>69366299
black up
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.