[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What albums were the biggest letdowns in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Oasis_Be_here_now.jpg (111KB, 682x662px) Image search: [Google]
Oasis_Be_here_now.jpg
111KB, 682x662px
What albums were the biggest letdowns in history?
>>
Tribe called quest's new album has like, three good songs.
>>
>>69362677
(you)
>>
File: Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png (210KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png
210KB, 300x300px
>>
Painting With
>>
>>69362701
you disagree?
>>
>>69362739
yes I (you)
>>
>>69362648
Am I the /only/ one who thinks Be Here Now is fucking great? Of course it isn't mixed great, but calling it a complete disaster is completely unfair. Be Here Now just sounds like cocaine in auditory form, its great
>>
>>69362708
I think its more of the fact that it couldn't live up to its unrealistically high hype. Still a decent album IMO
>>
>>69362701
>>69362779
i heard pitchfork gave it a 9.0

just sayin'
>>
>>69362779
Melatonin, we the people, and mobius are the best songs on the album my man
>>
>>69362798
you just described the definition of letdown
>>
Two words

Chinese
Democracy
>>
>>69362677
>>69362708
>>69362716
>posting recent examples
>>
>>69362866
Yeah but I said it was still decent, not bad (but that's a matter of opinion). It would really be a letdown if it was shitty when everyone thought it was gonna be GOAT.

>nice dubs btw
>>
>>69362907
hit the bricks
>>
>>69362648
>Sgt. Pepper's
>The Top/Wild Mood Swings
>Nashville Skyline
>Antics
>Loaded
>Foreign Affairs
>Neon Bible
>Combat Rock
>Strictly Personal
>Greetings from L.A.
>Boces
>Horse Rotovator
>To Keep from Crying
>mbv
>Sticky Fingers
>Goo
>Suicide II
>No More Heroes
>Neighborhoods
>Lodger
>Ege Bamyasi
>Cluster II
>Halber Mensch
>Faust IV
>Republic
>In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
>Electra Heart
>Chelsea Girl/The End...
>New Picnic Time
>Bossanova
>Pleased to Meet Me/Don't Tell a Soul
>Vision Thing
>Children of God
>>
The new Tribe album could've been great if it weren't for its stupid "all whites are evil and want to kill everyone" shit it goes on about
>>
>>69363209
What the hell is wrong with you most of these are great
>>
>>69363285
They're huge letdowns, on their own, some of them are okay
>>
>>69363340
>implying ITAOTS isn't the greatest work of art mankind has achieved
>>
File: reflektor.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
reflektor.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>69362648
>>
>>69363352
It's not nearly as good as Avery Island

And fuck me for forgetting, probably because I try to pretend it never happened but Graduation is pretty high up there by virtue of being one of the worst albums of all time and a follow-up to two albums from a then-extremely promising new artist
>>
>>69363397
(((You)))
>>
>>69363395
Sorry, The Suburbs already sucked ass and that's their best album since Funeral
>>
>>69363440
>The Suburbs already sucked ass
kys
>>
>>69363246
Thats pretty much only we the people
>>
>>69363452
>watches the Grammys
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>69363462
It angered me so much that it made look poorly on the rest of the album though
I don't mind politics that don't agree with me, but they went about it in a really stupid way
>>
>>69363462
Also the very first song is literally "le hillary will guide us and le whites are all black hating evil racists"
>>
>>69363508
fucking retard
>>
>>69363209
(you)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.