[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hip Hop/Rap is objectively shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Good Shit.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px)
Good Shit.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Musical art is about MUSIC not about lyrics.
Like every other art form or medium the language MUST be universal and specific to its medium (excpet maybe literature).
Music is universal an universal language, lyrics are not. So rap is an anti-music genere. It's about lyrics more than any other thing. Beat, base, flow and rymes are all at lyrics service.
So it's a fundamentally a stupid genere. Except for Death Grips and little else

Not meming here. I'm serious.
>>
>>69358098
Musical art is about MUSIC not about lyrics.
Like every other art form or medium the language MUST be universal and specific to its medium (excpet maybe literature).
Music is universal an universal language, lyrics are not. So rap is an anti-music genere. It's about lyrics more than any other thing. Beat, base, flow and rymes are all at lyrics service.
So it's a fundamentally a stupid genere. Except for Death Grips and little else

Not meming here. I'm serious.
>>
>>69358199
What is your endgame?
>>
File: 1475185098821.jpg (763KB, 1601x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1475185098821.jpg
763KB, 1601x1166px
Turntablism is the hip hop art of manipulating sounds and creating music using turntables and a DJ mixer.

John Oswald described the art: "A phonograph in the hands of a 'hiphop/scratch' artist who plays a record like an electronic washboard with a phonographic needle as a plectrum, produces sounds which are unique and not reproduced—the record player becomes a musical instrument."

Modern day turntablism is the closest hip hop music gets to art music.

Turntablism repertoire has written notation, creating a musical part or score for their compositions and pieces. Great examples are DJ Yoda & Heritage Orchestras Concerto, Martin Tetreaults musique concrete for turntables, Kid Koalas Your Moms Favorite DJ, eriKm and DJ Spookys Ice Music works.

Of course, the history of the turntable being used as a musical instrument though has its roots dating back to the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s when musique concrète and other experimental composers (such as John Cage, Halim El-Dabh, and Pierre Schaeffer), used them in a manner similar to that of today's producers and DJs, by essentially sampling and creating music that was entirely produced by the turntable. Cage's Imaginary Landscape No. 1 (1939) is composed for two variable speed turntables, frequency recordings, muted piano and cymbal. Even earlier, Edgard Varèse experimented with turntables in 1930, though he never formally produced any works using them.

This school of thought and practice is directly linked to the current definition of hlp hop-related turntablism, though it has had an influence on modern experimental sound artists and composers such as Christian Marclay, Kid Koala, Otomo Yoshihide, Philip Jeck, DJ QBert and Janek Schaefer. These artists are the direct descendants of people such as John Cage and Pierre Schaeffer and are often credited as a variant to the modern turntablist DJ and producer.
>>
>>69358098
>Musical art is about MUSIC not about lyrics.

According to who? I could say the same about film, that it's more about the visual aspect instead of dialogue. But there are films and TV shows that rely on expert writing to do most of the work. Does this make them any less legitimate as art?
>>
>>69358098
this nigga here just hit 16 years old and thinks he can have an educated opinion on art
>>
>>69358546
YES
>>
File: Capture.png (403KB, 510x601px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
403KB, 510x601px
>>69358098
You're either autistic, ignorant or a born in the wrong generation faggot.

Would you care to inform me which one?
>>
File: Ck5PUYwWsAAWMi-.jpg (78KB, 586x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ck5PUYwWsAAWMi-.jpg
78KB, 586x960px
>>69358098
>"i hate c.rap lmao!!! black people are the worst!!"
>"don't talk shit about /mu/ approved death grips they are the future of music!!"
>>
>>69358098
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqM74k-tgKE

i disagree mate
>>
This is the worst bait I've seen in a while, but of course /mu/ is all over it.
>>
Okay, I don't even like rap and I find this stupid.
>>
>>69358098
>Except for Death Grips
no
just no
>>
>>69363175
It's like nobody knows about sage anymore
>>
>>69358098
This is the stupidest shit I've read on this board. Since when was rap 100% lyrics?
>>
>>69358098
>Except for Death Grips

lol
>>
when does this become a copypasta
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.