[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Busking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: Meme_Confused.jpg (7KB, 251x201px)
Meme_Confused.jpg
7KB, 251x201px
>Be busking in local town mall
>Be playing original songs and covers of themes (think Pirates Of The Caribbean and Skyrim)
>Be 18 year old metalhead with a few piercings and long teal green hair
>Stop playing to have a drink of water
>Girl around my age comes up, puts $3 in my guitar case and says "I love your hair"
> mfw this equaled about 10% of my entire income for the day

What am I doing wrong to have people care more about my shitty alternative hair than the music I worked on for 3 years?
>>
Reality=noone cares, including you=realitismus
>>
Thought I would put an example of what I was actually playing.

Was this without the delay effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk48atRTYKQ
>>
I used to busk in the London Underground. I would wear a Gorilla suit and play covers. I'd usually make over a hundred quid a day.
>>
>>69353579
So pretty much a gimmick will net you much more than just a few bucks

I'm going to have to go further than just a stupid hair colour.
>>
>>69353630
Pretty much I'm afraid.

See Keytar Bear in Boston, US.
https://youtu.be/8c6m3GQdJN0
>>
you're not doing anything someone else couldn't.
"original" metal all sounds the same to normal passerby.
also wtf why a mall? they already have music playing.
>>
>>69353691
I wasn't playing metal, reference the fact that I said covers of themes like Pirates Of The Caribbean and the link I posted.
And I was playing outside where there is no music...
So there's that
>>
>>69353509
its just really boring to the public probably. i enjoyed thatt though. cool style
>>
>>69353509
>this without the delay effect
well…
>>
>>69353710
you played the Pirates Of The Caribbean theme on solo guitar without effects? Wow. At least your hair is cool.
>>
>>69353738
Ever heard of fingerstyle guitar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_k-yLShHC8
>>
>>69353710
movie theme covers can be in any style, and you said you're a meatalhead.
so you were just playing guitar wank
ffs you were wanking and not sure why people didn't want to pay you?
>>69353759
everyone has it's not impressive.
>>
OP would you give money to someone rapping outside the mall?
>>
just play wonderwall next time you daft cunt
>>
>>69353773
I attempted to play something that was recognizable to a lot of people and somewhat popular but not completely saturated by other buskers in the area (we hear a lot of Twenty One Pilots covers).
>>
>>69353789
Should probably take this advice actually
>>
Your music is probably shit. You are a tripfag and you use an outdated 9gag-tier meme. You busk with Pirates of the Caribbean and Skyrim music. You have dyed hair and piercings.
All evidence points to you being shit.
>>
>>69353800
What should I play then to not be so shit?
>>
>>69353812
not guitar.
maybe the noose.
>>
>>69353812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

Guaranteed mad dosh. Normies only care about shallow entertainment.
>>
>>69353778
I'm a fan of some rap, but unless there was actually substance or some good music behind it, I would be reluctant
>>
>>69353424
>guy has piercings, green hair and whatnot
>WHY ARE PEOPLE SO SHALLOW??? MOOOOOM!
>>
>>69353424
Wow an entitled busker who thinks he's innovative on the street finds out he's worth fuck all to the public. Maybe do something actually interesting that demands attention or play up a gimmick. I met an entitled prick just like you downtown. You busk for the fun. Not for money. You want money? Gig 5 nights a week at various bars in town.
>>
>>69353855
Completely understand where that assumption comes from.
>>
>>69353846
so can you not see why people were reluctant to give you money?
you're not as in tune with the zeitgeist as you think. you're like >10 years late
>>
>>69353865
I do play in 2 bands regularly, Drummer in 1 and again on guitar in the other, and if I could gig 7 nights a week I would, but it's just not that easy where I'm from
>>
>>69353812
you gotta be more like my main man Bailey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LgCqcmruGU
>>
>>69353898
>I play the most accesible instrument ever and then in this other band I go dum tsh tah tsh 4x4 thisisrockanroll.exe
Allow me to step back in awe.

Get a job, hippie.
>>
>>69354162
>I play the most accesible instrument ever
>busking with a DAW
>>
>>69354162
So Circles by Jesse Van Ruller counts as 4/4 rock 'n' roll?
Righty oh then

Link just in case you don't know what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1qqv0vf14
>>
>>69354213
>I play the most accesible instrument ever
>busking with a DAW
>downloads Reaper
>>
>>69354221
Remove the piercings and shave off your embarrassing green hair, people might take you more seriously when you busk.
Also, that song is 4/4.
>>
>>69354281
it's way harder to get a god sound out of a DAW than it is out of a guitar.
>>
>>69354376
Completely agree with that statement
>>
>>69354376
this is not true at all and you know it
>>
You're an annoying cunt, that's the problem
>>
>>69353424
No one gives a shit about your busking and your shitty story but you should've fucked that girl
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.