[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buckethead thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bucket.jpg (167KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
bucket.jpg
167KB, 1200x800px
What does /mu/ think of Buckethead?
I saw him live back in June, he was pretty good
>>
A friend of mine turned me on to him a few months back, everything I've heard from him I've loved but there's so much music it got overwhelming and I kinda just moved on
>>
as a person into buckethead, nut much of /mu/ is. the subreddit and proboards are pretty active though
>>
>>69348007
he does have like way too many albums, and if you listen to enough of them/for long enough, most of the good songs start to sound the same

over the last three or four years he stopped touring and started recording like crazy and released a mini album every few weeks, which ended up being like almost two hundred albums, called pikes, over the course of a year or two

I've only listened to a handful of the pikes, most of the ones I've heard are pretty good, but bucket does a lot of like guitar seizure shit where he's playing so fast that it just sounds like incoherent bs. a lot of his songs have that

Either way, if you're interested, I would recommend the albums Giant Robot, Elephant Man's Alarm Clock, and pikes Project Little Man, Coupon, Look Up There, and Hold Me Forever
>>
he's good, but he needs to chill the fuck out with the releases and shit. he has the potential to make something great, but he just wastes it on all those fucking albums
>>
>>69348380
I think he's stopped the rapid releases for now, he was touring, not sure if he still is

side note, it would be nice if he toured with a live band instead of his ipod, but oh well
>>
>>69348380
To be fair, I haven't heard a pike I didn't enjoy, they are all pretty nice
>>
I respect him as a musician because there is no one like him. The fact that he has released hundreds of albums and EPs is amazing. That being said, I listen to the < 5% of his music on Spotify and it's great but not enough for me to visit it more than a few times a year.
>>
>>69348455
a lot of the pikes are full of guitar seizures and other wierd sounding shit, which makes sense and sounds like something the character buckethead would do, but doesn't make a good song to listen to if done too much
>>
He wasted so much time trying to record and churn out as much shit as possible that he started getting really boring.

He needs to go back to quality and not quantity.
>>
>>69348733
true. I like most of the pikes I've heard, but there's so many that I could never be bothered to try to listen to them all
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.