[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gary Nu male

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (96KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 660x660px
Gary Nu male
>>
what does nu mean?
>>
Numan went from being one of the greatest synthpop artists to being a decent, respectable industrial rock artist. Not a bad way to be. And if the "alt right" retards don't like him, that only says good things about him.
>>
>>69347513
haha I'm just having a laff and making a pun m8 /pol/ has never heard of gary
>>
>>69347397
Numan managed to rebuild his career from scratch after his low point in the 80's. Kudos to him for that.
>>
>literally autistic
>>
Gary Numan stunted on the whole british industrial/synth pop scene.
Nobody had seen any real success (Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, The Human League at that point) and nobody seemed to like alienated synth sound. Then Gary was doing Cars on the telie and everything changed. Depeche Mode came about. The Human League released Dare. Yaz happened. Synth pop was established.
>>
>>69347397
Has anyone ever had a better debut album than him?

The Pleasure Principle is literally a god tier album, what a great way to start off your music career
>>
>>69348366
You do realize that Tubeway Army is technically his debut album.
>>
>>69348366
Tubeway Army and Replicas were released before Pleasure Principle.
>>
>>69347513
>random anon makes joke pun
>le leftist gary numan defener comes out of the woodwork
kek
>>
>>69348397
>>69348436
I had just realized my mistake when I posted

It was a great way to get into the mainstream however. In that sense of the word debut
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-05-18-20h53m01s92.png (481KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-05-18-20h53m01s92.png
481KB, 768x576px
Obligatory Nash the Slash reference.
https://youtu.be/2z_d7dXKcxs
>>
>>69348364
Of course he had more success than those people. He was making pop music. What Cabaret Voltaire and TG were doing was really closer to post-punk groups like Joy Division and The Pop Group than it was to Gary Numan. Numan's contemporaries were people like Visage and Ultravox. The greatest thing Cabaret ever did was Red Mecca, but how the hell do you market that to a pop audience?
Gary had nothing to do with industrial until the 90s when he followed Depeche Mode's lead in going darker, and got encouragement from Trent Reznor.
On a broader scale, you can't blame new romantic for blocking industrial's success in the pop market. The early industrial groups didn't even want pop success, they were all transgressive artists. The Pop market wasn't even a thought until European groups like Front 242 decided to throw on a dance beat.
>>
>>69348239
He also has Asperger's
>>
>>69348466
he's right though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.