[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making tape loops on a 4 track cassette recorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Anyway of doing this precisely so that I can know where to cut the tape? Any tips on making great loops?
>>
Dude I doubt half of the faggots on this board are old enough to have used a 4 track what are you doing here
>>
I've got one of these. Cutting cassete tape is a thing? What?
>>
>>69346462

...tape decks are still massively popular for home recording.

The majority of my friends who make music have one. Shit, I have one and use it weekly - daily.
>>
There is no way of doing it precisely at all.

It's actually much harder than it seems. The tape usually gets caught when you try to run the loop unless it's perfectly smooth. Get ready to be frustrated.
>>
>>69346491
No they aren't. There is literally no reason to use one.
>>
>>69346491
Color me surprised, I haven't been handed a cassette in so long
>>
>>69346524
They're actually easier to cope with than digital . Press record:it works
I've got a boss digital track thing, its a nightmare
>>
>>69346520
I guarantee I can hook that thing up to 6 room mics an start recording before a computer even boots up
>>
>>69346564
>>69346641
I don't care if you use it really, but don't play dumb, there's no good reason besides aesthetics.
>>
>>69346703
I would tell you to kys than record in digital
>>
>>69346498
Thanks. also i don't want this to de-rail into an autistic tape vs. digital thread, fuck off all of you they're both good.
>>
>>69346414

In the year 2001 there was this software program invented called Ableton Live that does exactly what that Tascam does but more efficiently (and more!). You should give it a try. Time to join the digital age my friend. :)
>>
>>69346414
Because you're working with cassettes and not r2r tape, you're going to have to accept the impossibility of truly precise tape loops. That said, this is the best place to start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc3lJegVe1E
>>69346520
>there is literally no reason to use one
The 414MKII preamp is reason enough
>>
>>69346703
>what is fidelity, lo fi music, tape saturation, wow and flutter as effects
>>
>>69347500
fine by me, i was just making sure. i plan on doing ambient/avant-grade styled loops anyway
>>
>>69347345
The problem is that you never hear tape guys questioning the merits of digital. It's just the other way around.
>>
>>69347500
drop trip
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.