[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, was there any good music in 1993? Apart from Hum of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: ano.1993.jpg (37KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
ano.1993.jpg
37KB, 1024x739px
Hey guys, was there any good music in 1993? Apart from Hum of Life and Птицa, I am really struggling to find something. Which is confusing to me because there's quite a few albums I love from '92 and '94. Please give me some recs?
>>
>>69343946
>Hum of Life
>good

Can you kill yourself? Like, right now?
>>
is this b8?

doggystyle
pablo honey
36 chambers
siamese dream
midnight marauders
in utero
august and everything after

i didn't even click anything on google it literally gives you a list at the top
>>
>>69343946
Bjork - Debut
Billy Joel - The River of Dreams
David Bowie - Black Tie White Noise
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
>>
Midnight Marauders
>>
>>69343967
I'm trying to look up what album you think I'm referring to and I can't figure it out.

>>69343984
Doggystyle is the only one of those I haven't heard. I plan to check it out soon though.

>>69343996
Are late era Billy Joel and David Bowie actually good?
>>
Quicksand - Slip
Swirlies - Blonder Tongue Audio Baton
Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle
Fugazi - In On the Kill Taker
PJ Harvey - Rid of Me
Nirvana - In Utero
Seaweed - Four
Suede - Suede
Lycia - A Day in the Stark Corner
Mazza Star - So Tonight That I Might See
Miranda Sex Garden - Suspiria
Paw - Dragline
Pond - Pond

That's what I like
>>
File: souv.jpg (217KB, 1024x1013px) Image search: [Google]
souv.jpg
217KB, 1024x1013px
>>69343946
>>
>>69344044
Okay thank you, this is more interesting to me...I should have probably rephrased there's plenty of albums I liked, but comparatively a lot less impressive than from the two years around it. But Icky Mettle, In on the Kill Taker, Rid of Me and Suede are all within my Top 15 for the year so far and though I find In Utero horribly bland, I've never heard any of the others so I'll look into them, thanks!
>>
>>69344013
Yes.
>>
>>69343946
You're living on it
>>
>Boces
>The Stars Are So Big, the Earth Is So Small... Stay As You Are
>Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements
>Today's Active Lifestyles
>The Serpentine Similar

OP did you even think before you asked this dumbfuck question
>>
>>69344267
I don't like two of those that much (including one by a band that made one of my all-time favorite albums), one is highly overrated but okay and one is by a band where I heard one of their other albums and hated it

I can try Polvo though
>>
File: R-306155-1384004299-2750.jpeg.jpg (217KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-306155-1384004299-2750.jpeg.jpg
217KB, 600x600px
>>
>>69344354
Which is which
>>
>>69344451
Pram
Mercury Rev
Stereolab
Gastr del Sol

My favorite post-rock album from that era would be D.I. Go Pop which I absolutely love and Yerself is Steam is one of my all-time favorite albums but overall from that era I'm very into great noise rock and since most pop music then was noisy, I get bored of the stuff that isn't creative with it
>>
>>69344559
>dislikes Pram
>likes D.I. Go Pop
Garbage taste my dude
>>
>>69344657
The vocals from Pram kill it.
>>
>>69343946
Red House Painters - Rollercoaster
YLT - Painful
Th' Faith Healers - Imaginary Friend
Seefeel - Quique
Hoedh - Hymnvs
Black Moon - Enta da Stage

>>69343967
Wat's wrong with Hum of Life
>>
File: Seefeel_Quique.png (504KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
Seefeel_Quique.png
504KB, 570x570px
Pic related.
>>
>>69344786
>>69344751
Thanks guys, I think this has been a successful thread, not sure how much of this I will like but I'm happy to get recs for things I'd never heard of. I'm hopeful.
>>
It was kind of a shitty year
I was born in it
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (123KB, 499x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
123KB, 499x490px
This 9.25/10 dropped that year my man
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.