[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any like this guy John Fahey? Its pretty interesting to read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: John-fahey.jpg (58KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
John-fahey.jpg
58KB, 640x474px
Any like this guy John Fahey?

Its pretty interesting to read his biography and listen to the albums chronologically and match up their release dates with when his life turned to shit and what that does to the music.
>>
Fahey is my idol. Probably the only guy I can think of who basically played music that was already well established in musical canon but made it into something completely different while still revering it. /mu/ rarely talks about him.

Check out Jack Rose, Robbie Basho, and Daniel Bachman if you like him OP
>>
>>69343269
this fahey bio? i wanna read what you read
https://www.amazon.com/Dance-Death-Fahey-American-Guitarist/dp/1613745192
>>
>>69343630
>ly guy I can think of who basically played music that was already well established in musical canon but made it into something completely different
are you joking?
>>
>>69343269
Sandy Bull
Sir Richard Bishop
Leo Kottke
John Renbourn
Six Organs of Admittance
>>
>>69343630
>/mu/ rarely talks about him.
How's the first month treating you?
>>
>>69343676
no just general shit

its like the song composition became more complex but bizarrely so, like there was a rhythm going on only he could hear
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qd7pWITPQQ

This guy was John Fahey's 'student'
He was broke and homeless so this guy let John Fahey live with him who was also broke I guess and they had no electricity or anything and recorded a couple albums as a band called Cul De Sac
>>
He is OK. Once you learn a little fingerpicking, and switch to open tuning, you realize it's very easy to make copy-cat songs of his though.
>>
>>69346371
lol

This is the kinda shit you say when you just learn how to dick around in open tunings. But no, it's not at all easy to replicate Fahey, hopefully you'll realize that soon enough.
>>
>>69346921
Sorry, it really is. I can play pretty much any of his tunes and not hard to make one very similar.

Not saying he wasn't talented or innovative - just takes away some of the magic when you realize there isn't a whole lot to it.
>>
>>69343630
t. embryo
>>
>>69346955
I'm not talking about actual technical difficulty, none of his stuff is particularly hard to get down, especially by classical guitar standards, but people have been trying to compose like Fahey ever since he started doing his thing and no one has been able to match him.

Believe me, I thought the same shit whenever I got mildly adept at fingerpicking, but there's a magic to his work that is not so easily captured.
>>
>>69347065
Nah. It's actually the opposite. People have to try NOT to sound like him because it's very easy to.
>>
>>69347106
lol whatever dude
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.