[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He prefers musicians who can play with emotion to those who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: thinkin bout hats.png (245KB, 314x358px) Image search: [Google]
thinkin bout hats.png
245KB, 314x358px
>He prefers musicians who can play with emotion to those who are technically gifted
>He doesn't realize that the latter are necessarily the former but the opposite isn't true

How to spot pseuds who know literally NOTHING about music general
>>
>>69341658
Actually you need to have emotion and/or creative/interesting/enjoyable writing ideas for your endless pentatonic DUDE SOLOS to be enjoyable
>>
>>69341712
There is no emotion in music, idiot. There is only playing or singing in a way that conveys emotion, and that is done using technique.
>>
>>69341736
What about lyricism and melody?
>>
>>69341825
Words and sounds don't contain emotion, retard.
>>
Not knowing anything about music is literally the worst thing you can be.

No smart people like music that I think is bad.

Music is a baseline for judging a person's worth.

I'm 21, middle-class, and I feel disenfranchised by the world.
>>
>>69342907
lol
>>
>>69342883
Oh okay so this is bait
>S A G E D
>>
>>69342883
I think you're autistic as fuck.
Nobody is saying words or sounds have inherent emotions in them you teenager.
>>
>>69342883

You must be fun to hang around with.
>>
>>69342926
>Implying someone is immature and calling someone you think is a child a retard in the same sentence

>>69342935
Not
An
Argument
>>
>>69342883
kek
>>
>>69342963
that sure didn't make any sense
>>
>pseuds

OP post your opus and if it's not as good as Beethoven's 5th, you have to put guitar strings up your ass and post it on redtube.
>>
>>69342963

It's pretty clearly not meant to be an argument. I'm just calling you autistic and lame, which isn't even arguable because you proved it to be true.
>>
>>69342978
Try reading something that isn't a music blog every once in a while

>>69342980
"We do not need to be shoemakers to know if our shoes fit"
>>
>>69343019
Not an argument
>>
>>69343020
>complains about non-arguments
>comes up with a non-argument
the fact you cry like that does not make your earlier post less senseless.
if you ever picked a book yourself you would not be an idiot who spergs if someone says sounds or words have emotion, a.k.a expressed with actual emotions behind them.
>>
>>69343082
>if you ever picked a book yourself you would not be an idiot who spergs if someone says sounds or words have emotion, a.k.a expressed with actual emotions behind them.

I suppose it's hard to type coherently when your hands are shaking as much as yours lmao

Caring about precision of language isn't autistic, it's intelligent. You wouldn't understand.
>>
>>69343020
>"We do not need to be shoemakers to know if our shoes fit"

But I thought you knew everything about music. Surely if this is true, you can wield a pen like the greats.
>>
>>69343111
Nice trips. I don't know everything, I know more than literally nothing.
>>
Virtuosity and emotion are not mutually exclusive. I'd wager that if someone cares enough about music to be expressive, they'd realise that technique is a tool to convey expression, rather than a goal in and of itself. A musical INSTRUMENT is something you use to convey music, and if you lack knowledge and mastery of your instrument and craft, then your expression will always be limited.

Those who say things like "virtuosity and knowledge of theory are crutches for my creativity" are too unaware of their lack of musicality to even realise how bad they sound.
>>
>>69343110
That's a weird projection. Only an autist sperg like you would "shake" when typing. Besides I'm way too tired to shake at anything in the first place. I just find it amusing that a loser like you who knows fuck all, is riding on a high horse.

You're going to have a super hard time if you look at all sentences like that. Which you probably do, which is why you're an autistic sperg.
>>
>>69343191
>Maybe if I call him autistic enough, he won't notice that I'm too mad to stop replying
>>
>>69343152

>I feel emotions more strongly that you

>Despite having nothing to compare to other than my own experience, I know this for a fact

>That makes me a genius
>>
>>69343214
What's that? A non-argument? Who would've guessed.
>>
ITT: Newfags feed a lazy OP (you)s.
>>
This thread is still going? Autistic lamers.
>>
>>69343230
>I make baseless assumptions

>>69343233
You're still replying
The only reason you would still reply is that you're mad
Therefore you're mad

>>69343252
;)
>>
@69343263
Thanks for the (you) senpai.
>>
>>69343263
>I make baseless assumptions

You're the one sayin' you know things now drop some knowledge or I'll kick yo ass

Say something that we might not know. Impress us or continue to be a cunt. At this point, nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>69343263
The reason is it's amusing to see that you're mad because you know your opinions don't make the le ast bit of sense.
>>
>>69341658
Actually thought about this same topic earlier today...

The best music is at the intersection of emotional satisfaction and technical proficiency.

>Read muh Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Emotional Satisfaction Only - punk, run of the mill hip hop, top 40 for the most part, EDM, etc. Uninteresting and music purely for consumption

Technical Proficiency Only - math metal and rock, minimalist, UK Garage, overly wordy hip hop. Stale and self-indulgent

I feel like Pet Sounds is a great example of a quality album as it is technically proficient/well arranged but carries lots of emotion with it as well.
>>
>>69341736
>being this autistic
>>
>>69343340
>n-n-n-o you're mad
Nice

>>69343360
But it's not wrong

>>69343337
God forbid people on this anonymous forum don't take me seriously lmao
>>
>>69343408
>God forbid people on this anonymous forum don't take me seriously lmao

Well I mean they might if you said something good. I don't think this place being anonymous makes good ideas impervious. You just kind of sounds like you have your head up your ass and you love the way your shit smells. I just think you need to be taken down a notch because I can smell the cum on your Boris t shirt.
>>
>>69342907
nice one dude
>>
>>69343334

>@

kys
>>
>>69341658
>>He doesn't realize that the latter are necessarily the former but the opposite isn't true
Not understanding you here.

1) all music attempt to communicate emotion or is made with emotion in mind
2) being technically gifted is not necessary, although it helps in creating above point #1
>>
@69343879
Hi there newfag
>>
>>69343933

>>taking the bait
>>
>>69343408
i would say you're wrong my man. maybe not your point about singing; i would agree that a compelling vocal performance (which is created by technique/skill) drives emotion, but playing music is emotional, and not just an expression of emotion.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.