[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that this is the best and quintessential /mu/core chart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: MUCORE.jpg (977KB, 1502x2411px) Image search: [Google]
MUCORE.jpg
977KB, 1502x2411px
Reminder that this is the best and quintessential /mu/core chart
>>
If you ignore the fact that half the albums on here are never posted, then sure it would be fine
>>
>>69334551
that's not relevant
where's dg?
where's grimes?
>>
>>69334631
you know, maybe it's because I spend too much time in this hell hole, but I do see all of those posted a lot
>>
>>69334672
Schnabel is a hack
>le meme syncopated playing XD
>>
why the kitty cat
>>
hey this bach guy is pretty good
>>
File: bjork.jpg (129KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bjork.jpg
129KB, 1440x1080px
>it's another "I don't know what /mu/core means" episode
>>
>>69334551
> rap as an example of good musicianship
>>
We need to stop using the word "/mu/core". By calling music as big, innovative, and influential as Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective, Radiohead, and countless others "/mu/core" we are implying that this music is defined by the fact that it is frequently discussed on /mu/, the music board on the esoteric otaku website 4chan. That is how the English language works. In reality, the opposite is true. /mu/ is defined by the presence of these artists being discussed. In a way, you can say /mu/ is a Neutral Milk Hotel-core board.
>of course, there are artists who are only popular on /mu/ and not outside of /mu/, mainly because of viral marketing, such as Have A Nice Life, Giles Cory, The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, Crywank, Dads, Jordaan Mason & The Horse Museam, and plenty of others, but that's for a different discussion

To expand on this idea further, let's apply this logic to real life scenarios. If my friend, let's say his name is Jacob, likes a band, let's say Radiohead, I say "My friend Jacob really likes Radiohead". I don't say "Radiohead are a total Jacob band". If anything, I say the opposite, by saying "Jacob is a total Radiohead guy". Because, you see, Radiohead are much larger than Jacob. The same should apply to /mu/ as it does to Jacob. It's foolish and possibly autistic to think bands /mu/ likes are "/mu/core" when /mu/ is a music board on an esoteric otaku website. What's ironic, is that /mu/ often accuses Reddit, /v/ and /a/ of autism. Nobody on Reddit calls Queen "Reddit-core", nobody on /v/ calls Deus Ex and Morrowind "/v/ideo games", and nobody on /a/ calls Evangelion or K-ON "/a/nime". This behavior is exclusive to /mu/.

To put it simply, if you use the word "/mu/core", you either don't know the basics of the English language or how it works, are delusional, or have autism.
>>
>>69334751
>>69334736
>>
>>69334714
Do you know music theory?
>>
>>69334763
>innovative
>Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective, Radiohead
wew
>>
>>69334551
If /mu/ was a good board, sure.
>>
File: 1462700569697.jpg (60KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
1462700569697.jpg
60KB, 620x372px
>>69334551
>Chart with no annotations
>>
>Perotin
>>
>>69335151
LURK MOAR
>>
>>69335151
>doesn't recognize everything just from a quick glance
wow looks like you've got quite a long road to patriciandom friendo :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 300x263px
Pic related
>>
>>69335715
lol
>>
>include a piece of work by Pierre Schaefer
>it's not Solfege
>include a piece of work by Karlheinz Stockhausen
>it's not Gesang der Jünglinge · Kontakte
>include a piece of work by Jorge Ben
>it's not A Tábua da Esmeralda
>include a piece of work by The Gerogerigegege
>it's not Senzuri Power Up or Instruments Disorder
You fucked up on this one
>>
>>69335715
better than mbdtf tbqh
>>
>>69334763
This really takes me back. I have not seen it since '12, maybe '13.
>>
>>69334551
>no Magenta Circuit
>>
Daily is full of pretentious faggots who don't annotate their charts because of "muh exclusivity"
>>
>>69334551
Except /mu/ has listened to e 1albums on average at most
>>
Where is NMH?
>>
>>69338077
what exclusivity? everything there is v entry level in their respective styles/movements/genres
>>
File: 1480114028410.jpg (90KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1480114028410.jpg
90KB, 490x490px
>>69334551
I wish all of you non-jazz fan dickheads would stop discussing this album.

Most of you probably listen to Radiohead, Wilco, or some other 4 chord rock. Or hip-hop. Or K-pop. Or whatever shit you like - it's all boring to me. You have no right to talk about jazz, especially not anything bebop or free jazz related. If you dislike this album so much, you shouldn't be fucking listening to it in the first place, should you? Fuck off, and get out of my face.
>>
how do you make those charts
>>
>>69338703
MSpaint
>>
>>69338194
Mad
>>
File: bitches brew.jpg (365KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bitches brew.jpg
365KB, 1500x1500px
>>69334551
>kind of blue is /mu/core but bitches brew isn't
>sgt pepper/the beatles in general are /mu/core
>no kanye or meme grips
>no zappa
>>
>>69340013
Meme GriPs are an embaresment to the board
>>
>>69334551
Replace London Calling with Combat Rock
>>
>bach
>mozart
>perotin
memes
>>
>>69340472
b8
>>
>>69340510
>perotin is not a meme
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.